Random Thoughts.....

Never walk into a Goodwill with the intention of meeting single women.
You're better off spending a few bucks on a pair of worn out sneakers.
At least you'll know the worst thing that's ever been in them was a pair of feet.

Never walk into a Goodwill with the intention of meeting single women.

6bc963fd5294ed065cfd5ac1c5805364.jpg

There is absolutely nothing more frustrating than dealing with an old rusty bent cotter pin stuck through a ball joint castle nut, that gets stuck coming halfway out bc its bent inside the nut.
Soooo much profanity for one tiny little pin.

I typically don't give half a milligram of airborne fecal matter what a stranger's first, second, third or final impression of me may be, but I will say, it is rather entertaining to walk around public places in tattered dress clothes covered head to toe in dirt, dust and rust.

Not just "oh, that dude dirty", but "holy shit I bet he work in a coal mine" dirty.

Dig it.

About a year ago I started servicing road tractors on the weekends. I'm a rather large fella so I tend to rub everything on the underside of the trucks. Needless to say I get filthy. Like cant even tell I'm a white guy filthy.

My wife is the vice president of the PTO at our kids school. They had a fund raiser the other day and I stopped by after working on the trucks to pick up the kids. You should have seen the looks on the faces of the other PTO moms! They're really upidy, HOA, preppy kinda people. It was hilarious! You'd thought I was an alien!

There is absolutely nothing more frustrating than dealing with an old rusty bent cotter pin stuck through a ball joint castle nut, that gets stuck coming halfway out bc its bent inside the nut.
Soooo much profanity for one tiny little pin.

I've generally had great luck using a good socket and a long breaker bar to shear whatever is left of the cotter pin.

About a year ago I started servicing road tractors on the weekends. I'm a rather large fella so I tend to rub everything on the underside of the trucks. Needless to say I get filthy. Like cant even tell I'm a white guy filthy.

My wife is the vice president of the PTO at our kids school. They had a fund raiser the other day and I stopped by after working on the trucks to pick up the kids. You should have seen the looks on the faces of the other PTO moms! They're really upidy, HOA, preppy kinda people. It was hilarious! You'd thought I was an alien!
My kids school is the complete opposite. I show up after work in a dress shirt and get the stink eye from everyone else.

My kids school is the complete opposite. I show up after work in a dress shirt and get the stink eye from everyone else.
This is what I love about where I live and our school.
We are just outside a suburban town, in a district that pulls kids from the areas between city lines, in a semi-rural county that has a huge Army R&D facility.
So, our school community is full of dads who are professional nerds by day but good ol boys the rest of the time. Nobody gets a second look for either showing up gunky or by looking out of place in a suit.

Year 5 for me without owning or purposefully endulging in watching a television.
There's a lot of other factors involved, but I lend a great amount of positive results to the lack of TV. I've experienced better mental focus, better vision, less irrational decision making, just to skim the surface. I can't prove any of this, but I have no reason to disbelieve that this experiment was indeed 100% succesful.

TV off; brain ON.

Why doesn’t really anyone in the USA use or sell tilt and pivot excavator buckets? Seems like everyone in Europe use them and they seem to be able to do a lot more stuff than a standard bucket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cant stand a "client" that thinks they know more than the GC, this guy is supposedly going to finish out his buildings once they are erected. Here i am sitting on the job site with buildings, rebar, and a concrete crew waiting to go and we don't have a building permit. because we don't have an Appendix B even i have told him he needed to provide the permit office with one for the last 6 weeks, he has consistently told me and the building department he didn't need one..... Im also not sure how he is going to finish out a commercial building without a GC license, but thats not my problem. Oh and now he is pissed because he is being kicked out of his current building in September.

Why doesn’t really anyone in the USA use or sell tilt and pivot excavator buckets? Seems like everyone in Europe use them and they seem to be able to do a lot more stuff than a standard bucket.
Because Europe is full of manginas who run equipment like it's made of glass. Here in Merica we break the whole dang arm. Hanging it out like a wobbly dingaling will just break it off sooner.
75b44b0e9c2e5d305fa323c6c51d3476_L.jpg

Year 5 for me without owning or purposefully endulging in watching a television.
There's a lot of other factors involved, but I lend a great amount of positive results to the lack of TV. I've experienced better mental focus, better vision, less irrational decision making, just to skim the surface. I can't prove any of this, but I have no reason to disbelieve that this experiment was indeed 100% succesful.

TV off; brain ON.

I lived without a TV for about 3 years back when I was about 30. I was very busy back then. Now the TV in my house seems to only pick up the Nick and Nickjr channels, so I rarely watch it.

Television? Isn't that like acid: it doesn't melt in your hand, it melts in your mind? I've not really watched TV in the last 18 years, except for a movie here and there with the wife.. people be like, hey did you see x, y and z? I'm say what's that, never heard of it. News disconnected as well, I get my news from nc4x4, & if it's important enough, someone will tell me about it... And if it's really important, I'll then look it up on my phone.

The Constitution: It doesn't need to be rewritten, it needs to be reread.

The Constitution: It doesn't need to be rewritten, it needs to be reread.
In plain black and white English.....not new age snowflakesafespacenese.

Like the King James version or something.

As I’m sitting in the auditorium today watching some dances and music to celebrate Asian/Pacific Islander history month, gotta love mandatory equal opportunity training. I lean over to the dude sitting next to me (black co worker) and say to him “hey, so all my family on my dad’s side is Danish and all my moms side is Dutch but we don’t get any recognition?” He looks perplexed. I say “ how is it that my family is as pure in our ethnicity as it comes but we just get lumped together as generic white people?” He thought on it a while and said “ya know, you’re right!?” Makes you think about why there is racial division in this country. I can’t stand colors. We all bleed red.

Just over 10 years without owning one myself...don't miss it. I do watch it with my parents at their house when I'm there, but that's about it.

Soooo, one of my "unofficially adopted" grand kids turned 15 today.
Callie only had one request for me, pick her up from school today in my crawler.
An LS1, tons and 42's in a high school parking lot, what could possibly go wrong? LOL!
I'll post pics tonight after we get out of jail.

Back