Random Thoughts.....

This is too good not to share.

"In a world where children want to be anybody but themselves, we the adults, need to let them see what we see in them, and assure them they are exactly who they are supposed to be."

I got to meet one of childhood heroes today. He stopped by Stuyck company today to visit my boss and I happened to be there to chat with him. His brother Rudy used to visit several schools I went to to talk about things pertaining to the natural world around the state.
Tom and Rudy both are as cool as anyone you'll ever meet. I always hoped I would get to go camping and travel with them one day. My lifetime dream just became one step closer to reality, and all I did was clock in to work.
Naturalist Tom Mancke visits Golden Club

It's too bad this thread is in Parts For Sale instead of GCC where everyone might see it...
Hummer H1 hood/ mancave art
Like the title says, good for a wall hanger or a desk...
$150 obo.
Also have the snorkel and brush guard if someone wanted to actually use the stuff for a Hummer.

Dang I need this but out of budget lol still gotta do my hydro steer. Good looking out though

Cmon Mike work something out brah ...

What's my price :D

What's the "I quit without a notice after you got me a job and started me out at more $ than everyone else" price??... I'll have to think about it...;)

Last edited:
Day dreaming at work: would I rather power my Jeep with a supercharged 302 or the new Cummins R2.8?

You can get more power out of a 4.0 than a 2.8 makes...

You can get more power out of a 4.0 than a 2.8 makes...

But then you can't get all the attention and pound your chest about how much you spent to have a diesel off-road rig hoping to be the envy of the trail

But then you can't get all the attention and pound your chest about how much you spent to have a diesel off-road rig hoping to be the envy of the trail
well in that case, twin turbo'd LS...of course.

Gotta go 43 stickies then :rockon:

"honey, Ron made me do it.....the kids can find their own way thru college just like WE did"

No smoke BRO'....said with side ways flat bill cap on and baggy jeans..

Why do I almost daily, look at a clock on my phone, computer, oven/stove or the microwave etc. and it's 9:11 am or pm ?
Because it happens about 14 times a week? I actually have the same thing happen, though 4:20 is the other one I see often, and I'm not awake for the AM version.

10:46 ruins my life. I pull my phone out at work and think, "man, it's gotta be about lunch time..." Nope.

Later that night, in the middle working on the Jeep, I look at my phone and think, "time for a few more beers and an hour more welding??" Awh... Damn.

No joke, just looked at the clock...it was 9:11. Thanks @mommucked

094DFD93-DC60-4750-BCDE-40D9AA93BCE8.jpeg
17E28CB9-3AB2-4C38-894B-EF687EB5C043.jpeg
How much does “free shipping” affect the actual consumer purchase price of goods when you order something and it goes all over the place just to get to you?? I ordered a front and rear Trail Gear truss through Summit Racing (I get a discount) for my Toyota. These aren’t HUGE but certainly not light. They left the Texas warehouse to get 4 hours away to my place in Louisiana. Look at the pictures for what really happened!! Inefficiency drives me nuts!!!

View attachment 267495 View attachment 267496 How much does “free shipping” affect the actual consumer purchase price of goods when you order something and it goes all over the place just to get to you?? I ordered a front and rear Trail Gear truss through Summit Racing (I get a discount) for my Toyota. These aren’t HUGE but certainly not light. They left the Texas warehouse to get 4 hours away to my place in Louisiana. Look at the pictures for what really happened!! Inefficiency drives me nuts!!!
Everything Fedex goes to Memphis, and everything UPS goes to Loiusville, KY. Well, not everything, but the majority of it anyway. It's quite fascinating, and less efficient for your package, but more efficient overall.

Here's a video worth watching on the topic:

in the good old days of high unemployment you could call the temp agency and have 5 applicants in one day. now, you get 1 applicant in 5 days.

Back