Random Thoughts.....

in the good old days of high unemployment you could call the temp agency and have 5 applicants in one day. now, you get 1 applicant in 5 days.
I feel your pain...I've had some resumes come across my desk that stated that the reason for leaving previous employers was "personal reasons" in each and every one...and only had 3-6 months at the previous 4 employers. Hm. Pass...

I keep meaning to tell my staffing agency that they need to turn over a different rock to find some new slugs to send us.

People are worried about CO2 emissions and solar/wind power are gonna save us from global warming. Meanwhile in Hawaii...

IMG_1850.JPG
This happens every year we've been on this planet... smdh

It's weird how an $800 set of 75% Swampers for a rig you might drive 1000 miles a year is a killer deal...but a brand new set of $800 tires for your dd means your children probably won't be going college and you'll be eating ramen for months to come.

It's weird how an $800 set of 75% Swampers for a rig you might drive 1000 miles a year is a killer deal...but a brand new set of $800 tires for your dd means your children probably won't be going college and you'll be eating ramen for months to come.
Damn, now I feel like an arse for ponying up a rack for a set of tires for my DD to get changed this weekend... :lol: At least I've got 17 more years to save that back up for my kid's college. Ramen, here I come! :lol:

But then you can't get all the attention and pound your chest about how much you spent to have a diesel off-road rig hoping to be the envy of the trail

And hopin to keep up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do buildings not have a 13th floor? And why do apartments/hotels not have room 13?

News flash, if you're on the floor labeled 14, and there's no 13, YOU'RE ON THE 13TH FLOOR!

If you're in room 14, and there's no room 13, YOU'RE IN ROOM 13!

Nothing like coding and debugging a progres to perfection just to prove a concept and then have to take the project and rework the core operating methods because the concept core design is incompatible with the new design implementation... SMH .

Also doesn't help when your boss never leaves you alone for even a minute and he's even right there in your head with you and didn't tell you to create the PoC with reusability for the end goal in mind..

Today my sister graduated.... we dropped my dad off at the door and then parked in the parking deck... when we left he took off to my cousins car. Then convinced he knew where we parked he took off without us to find the car, caring a clear tub of white powder on a college campus(it was log wash). Well he didn’t find the cars and we had to corner him in between two levels before he would finally get in the car with my mom...

Today my sister graduated.... we dropped my dad off at the door and then parked in the parking deck... when we left he took off to my cousins car. Then convinced he knew where we parked he took off without us to find the car, caring a clear tub of white powder on a college campus(it was log wash). Well he didn’t find the cars and we had to corner him in between two levels before he would finally get in the car with my mom...

Huh?

Something happened yesterday that threw me for a loop, mixed in with a little day 3 Morris mtn trip, 10am hungover as hell, bags under the eyes, dumping bottles of water over my head (story from wheeling trips past).
My buddy Joe and I were cruising down the road in the Yukon pulling the boat down to the river to go swimming. Slowed down to single digits when we approach some elementary school age kids playing roadside B ball. A little voice rang out as we pass by, "Yo white bitch!"

I'm driving. I came to almost a complete stop in bafflement. "Did that little homeboy just say what I think he just said??, I alloudly proclaim.

I was in route to go enjoy a beautiful afternoon and from the looks on the kids faces, they had found their own way of enjoying a beautiful day as well, but what in the flying deuce would they expect out of making a remark like that?
Part of me wanted to back down the street and politely ask what reason they had for saying that unprovoked. I would then ask if their parents would approve, but I fear I already know the answer. Talking to stranger's is dangerous enough as it is, much less insulting one in a racially abusive manner. I let it slide. I'm sure a prison sentence is in his near future anyways, and statistically, I'd be spot on.

The other part of me wants to hand $20 to the little Spanish boy down the street, give him the address and say "You know what to do...", but that would be a wrong attempted to be fixed by another, and we all know that shit don't work.

Safe to say, we're doomed.

Happy mother's day. Make sure to tell Mom that XJsavage said thank you for raising a decent human being. Given the chance, I'd be glad to do it myself.

6 years ago my folks received a phone call from a Doctor they had never met informing them that on the other side of the globe their one and only son had been shot in the leg. Femoral artery severed, ham string and quadriceps in shambles and at the time it was unclear if amputation may be necessary. I can’t even imagine the horror they felt. Today just like every May the 17th I received a text informing me that there better not be any random phone calls! Love my folks for the support they have given me throughout the years.

I typically don't give half a milligram of airborne fecal matter what a stranger's first, second, third or final impression of me may be, but I will say, it is rather entertaining to walk around public places in tattered dress clothes covered head to toe in dirt, dust and rust.

Not just "oh, that dude dirty", but "holy shit I bet he work in a coal mine" dirty.

Dig it.

I typically don't give half a milligram of airborne fecal matter what a stranger's first, second, third or final impression of me may be, but I will say, it is rather entertaining to walk around public places in tattered dress clothes covered head to toe in dirt, dust and rust.

Not just "oh, that dude dirty", but "holy shit I bet he work in a coal mine" dirty.

Dig it.
I used to get that when I was working nights at my last job building drilling rigs...especially if it was one where I caught myself on fire. (Damn, now I've got another story for the "Dumbest thing you'll admit to" thread). Eh, I'll give the Cliff's Notes version here. I was standing on the crossmember of a gin pole welding overhead under the deck the gin pole was supporting, making some repairs after some "permanent deflection" occurred after a 500k pound pull test for this rig. Oops, I think that engineer forgot to carry the 2...anyway, I'm just standing there 25 feet off the ground minding my own, laying in some purdy beads, and noticing the orange flickers of light in the back side of my welding hood (being 2nd shift, it's nice and dark out by now). Then I realize my leg is getting a tad on the warm side. I stopped welding and raised my hood to find my leg from the knee down engulfed in flame...Couldn't exactly go dancing around since I'm perched upon this gin pole...As I start shouting and cussing and beating the fire out of my leg (quite literally), the jackass that was welding on the next pole over from me coolly says "I was wondering when you were going to notice that..." Asshole. :rolleyes: It's funny now, though.

Walking into the local WaWa for a couple snacks for the ride home got some interesting looks. :lol:

My next random thought...

It's now been 9 weeks since I was told "you got the job..." And here I STILL sit in my old chair. They've interviewed some candidates, most of which they didn't like or things "didn't add up" (whatever the hell that means), and the supervisor that works under me just got sent some additional resumes from HR by request of my manager for him to review...I've not been involved in the process at all, and not by choice. I've had no opportunity to review potential candidates, make recommendations, or offer input. I mean, what the hell...it's not like I've got any vested interest or time for who fills the position for the subordinate that works for me. I think I'm creeping closer to the edge of getting pissed.

When outside temp and relative humidity are bouncing around a 2 degree window away from being at dew point, I can't drink beer fast enough to keep up with how quickly my sweat glands turn a typical, dirty, white male into a half Hispanic walking niagra falls.

Back