The Coffee Thread

My BIL was always fond of saying "I like my coffee like I like my women, blonde and sweet"...his wife would shoot back "My hair is black as coal asshole"..."I like it Strong and dark as well"...they'd basically perform this routine to any roadside diner waitress who presented the opportunity....

At church one Sunday, our pastor was behind the coffee bar and looked up and politely asked, how I like my coffee. I replied, "I like my coffee like I like my women." Taken aback (seeing as how he performed my wedding), he repled, "uhhhhhhhh hot and black?"

"No," I said, "Bitter and expensive."

I didn't like coffee at all until I was 35 and started working rotating shifts and had to be up at 4:30. (I had been on night shift for 15 years). Now I drink about 4 cups every morning. Kirkland's dark roast from Costco with a little vanilla premier protein in it.

I'm going through my first box of kirkland's variety pack and I'm not real impressed with it. It's just OK to me.

Any of you guys use an Aeropress? I've been thinking that would be a great way to use some fresh ground on the go. Would be good for camping too I think. Cleanup doesn't look too bad, just pull it apart and rinse? I'm trying to decide if it's worth the hassle.

I'm going through my first box of kirkland's variety pack and I'm not real impressed with it. It's just OK to me.

Any of you guys use an Aeropress? I've been thinking that would be a great way to use some fresh ground on the go. Would be good for camping too I think. Cleanup doesn't look too bad, just pull it apart and rinse? I'm trying to decide if it's worth the hassle.

My pops has an aero press and he loves it. I recommend getting one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, we have the coffee snob and the coffee shamer, all this thread is missing is a good meme...

I looked at those for camping and ended up going with the drip contraption I linked in my earlier comment, after reading a bunch of reviews and 'best of' articles. 1 piece, $10, good cup of coffee, easy cleanup... <shrug>

I can't believe we're three pages in and there's no meme...

cb64cfc5d49cb71e3ba02bb8ff719348.jpg

My wife has one and I think she likes it a lot. Pretty simple and like you said, not that hard to clean.

How do you sleep at night? I guess you develop a tolerance for caffeine, but damn son!
I had 8ish hours last night....but I usually don't sleep well with or without.

Some brand of breakfast blend beans from sams. Grind and run through Kureg in a reusable kcup. It be good...and black.

How do you sleep at night? I guess you develop a tolerance for caffeine, but damn son!
I'm similar to @WARRIORWELDING in a sense that caffeine doesn't bother me one bit.
I can literally slam a cup of coffee or a 24 oz
MtDew and go straight to sleep. Monster energy coffees, Redbulls, NOS, pretty much anything.

I'm similar to @WARRIORWELDING in a sense that caffeine doesn't bother me one bit.
I can literally slam a cup of coffee or a 24 oz
MtDew and go straight to sleep. Monster energy coffees, Redbulls, NOS, pretty much anything.
Your probably also like me.....better then some past addictions or habits. Seems one replaces another. I'm glad it's only coffee. I don't do energy drinks however. Just the bean.

Your probably also like me.....better then some past addictions or habits. Seems one replaces another. I'm glad it's only coffee. I don't do energy drinks however. Just the bean.

Absolutely. Caffeine to me is just a taste nowadays. My worse addiction by far (ever) is nicotine.

I like to drink coffee around 8-9pm and sleep fine. But if I drink a soda after 7pm I can’t sleep at all.

I like my coffee like I like my women, with whip cream on top and a little jim beam in em!

I get a variety of coffee for our house. I wake up before most of you folks and enjoy a nice cup of joe asap.

That being said, I have local coffee roasters that can kick most any off the shelf coffees ass. One of which I'm very good friends with the owner.

Starbucks if I must go commercial but for the most part, I get my beans 2 miles up the road from friends who roast their beans on their land.

French press, peculator, or drip...the beans make the difference and you can tell. Garbage in garbage out type thing.

Personally, I'm sweet enough so all I need is a healthy shot of half and half in a good cup of brew .

Black Rifle Coffee Company. Hooked on Blackbeard’s Delight right now. Like CAF, silencer smooth, and a few others. I’m a coffee club member. Shit just comes in the mail. Don’t have to think about running out.

Death Wish coffee for the win. Strongest I have ever tried. My favorite daughter bought me some for Christmas one year .... that's why she's my favorite.
Best is bean ..... you can do so much to vary the character of the coffee when you learn how to use a grinder.
Grocery store ground ..... Folgers Black Silk. If you like a kick in a cup .... worth it.
Same thing with a French Press, get one and learn how to use it.

Unfortunately, my neurologist decided to crush me by telling me no more coffee ..... hateful witch ..... because of my migraines.
We compromised and now I get one cup of half-caf a day. ......... one .........

Oh-yeah ..... want to put hair on your tongue? grab some grocery store Yuban and make your own Americana ....... yee-freakin'-haa!

Matt

Back