The Coffee Thread

upload_2018-10-30_11-56-8.jpeg

Fitting all around!

Big gay truck land with some really cool shit mixed in. I've posted a good bit to the gram.

Had a couple buddies out there this year...you see either of these rigs??? One BGT...the other went the opposite direction. The gray B100 was the rig that KC (from gas monkey) bought that was brought up from Mexico about 2 years ago. Craig bought it about 6 months ago and did a total frame up nut and bolt build.

ADC8F557-2E79-4930-88FD-EED335EBE83F.jpeg
9FDB3E5C-EE9C-486F-AB8F-8431BCB16C6E.jpeg

Had a couple buddies out there this year...you see either of these rigs??? One BGT...the other went the opposite direction. The gray B100 was the rig that KC (from gas monkey) bought that was brought up from Mexico about 2 years ago. Craig bought it about 6 months ago and did a total frame up nut and bolt build.

View attachment 279033 View attachment 279034

Yep. Seen both. I think BGT is parked out in front of the hall between South and Central halls. I was actually checking out the B100 but couldn't snap pics due to the crowd around it. Not my style but I can appreciate the hell out of that machine. There wasn't a detail missed.

Not my style but I can appreciate the hell out of that machine. There wasn't a detail missed.

No there wasn’t. When I first saw the grille, I was like cool...you cut some custom letters. All I got was ‘nope’...and this pic...I’ve heard of ‘billet grilles’ before...but the whole frickin thing, cmon.

EE0A3731-2339-4AC3-8A20-F4472ABAFF77.jpeg

Oh...and to keep it coffee related...I’m sure this rig will show up at a cars and coffee gathering.

I have a coffee maker in the Camper.

House.

Office at School.

In my Backpack.

NOT my building. This needs fixing. I guess I'll put water in while I'm at it.

I don't drink coffee but my wife loves it. She does the Kuerig deal at the house for her morning cups. She has to have some type of flavored creamer.....nothing straight. She said the best coffee she's ever had was on a mission trip to Costa Rica....no sugar needed. Between their coffee and fruit she almost didn't come home....so I guess that puts my value slightly above good Costa Rican coffee

There's about a tablespoon in those cups, so seems a waste of time to me. If I want coffee grounds for compost, that's about the only thing Starbucks is actually good for because they will give you a 5# bag of used coffee grounds for free if you ask.

Two things my old weld instructor swore by for his maters and hobinaroes: coffee grounds and the metal shavings from a bandsaw. I hate tomatoes but his hobinaroes(sp?) would burn you a new one.

There's about a tablespoon in those cups, so seems a waste of time to me. If I want coffee grounds for compost, that's about the only thing Starbucks is actually good for because they will give you a 5# bag of used coffee grounds for free if you ask.

I dont disagree but we have this employee.
She grows "high rise herbs"....its a seed in a small coffee cup she puts in the window of the office.
She dumps the grounds of her K cup in one every day.

Went to Pennycup Coffee in downtown Asheville today. Had a 3 adjective latte with a banging pumpkin chocolate chip muffin. My wife matched up with a decaf Americano and a gluten free vegan piece of pumpkin break. All in all, pretty dang good

But the $0.79 refill at Enmark this am was better :flipoff2:

Bumping an old thread.

I’m in my 3rd week of forcing myself to drink my coffee black. No cream, sugar or anything. Now I’m actually used to it and enjoying it! I don’t see myself going back. In fact, I think if I put anything in it now I wouldn’t like it at all.

Got a what? So you started with decaf espresso, and then watered it down? At that point, why go to a coffee shop? :p

Did the barista cry?

She's a bit hippyish, but cute.
Caffeine REALLY messes with her, like badly. As a result, she has to abstain from any of it

Bumping an old thread.

I’m in my 3rd week of forcing myself to drink my coffee black. No cream, sugar or anything. Now I’m actually used to it and enjoying it! I don’t see myself going back. In fact, I think if I put anything in it now I wouldn’t like it at all.
I can only drink mine black anymore, adding anything to it just leaves a bad after taste to me

Bumping an old thread.

Black coffee is great. You actually can taste the coffee and the different kinds and how they are roasted, etc. sugar and creamer just hides the real flavor of coffee and ruins it.

Bumping an old thread.

I’ve been drinking my coffee black for more years than I can remember. Now, I’m not gonna say there aren’t those times when I like to Irish it up a bit with some whiskey.....

Back