The Coffee Thread

It's like Guinness...shit don't travel.

NEVER liked that swill from a tap here. I go to Dublin and tour the factory and get a sample? Holy sheep shit that's the nectar of the God's!!!!! Head to the sky bar up top and slam 4 pints!! Grab another pint at a pub for lunch...OMG, another pint at the Dublin airport...same tasty goodness. Get back to Manchester and have a pint at the airport....hmm...not as good, but still damn tasty. A few days later a pint in London....hmm... another pint at another pub o_O

Back home and try one just in case.... [where's the puke smilie?]
So very true. And same goes for Heineken. It’s Skunk beer in the states. It’s damn good in Holland, it’s best at the brewery.

How long is you’re weekend?

Like I said, in that post, it was a week over week consumption (which is actually what several countries go by) comparison. But on the daily, Which is worse, going over an ‘acceptable’ amount daily, or once a week. Most .org’s will say a max of 2 12oz beers a day is what’s acceptable.

I mean I get it...I’m the debil because I overimbibe once a week on hard liquor. But remember, next time you drink more than 2 beers after a particularly tough day, or finish that second long neck craft beer, or drink around the camp fire after a day of wheeling or kill a case wrenching on your rig...you’re doing the same damn thing. I’ve never known anyone to say, ya know what guys, the Mayo Clinic says I’ve had enough.

Last edited:
Like I said, in that post, it was a week over week consumption (which is actually what several countries go by) comparison. But on the daily, Which is worse, going over an ‘acceptable’ amount daily, or once a week. Most .org’s will say a max of 2 12oz beers a day is what’s acceptable.

I mean I get it...I’m the debil because I overimbibe once a week on hard liquor. But remember, next time you drink more than 2 beers after a particularly tough day, or finish that second long neck craft beer, or drink around the camp fire after a day of wheeling or kill a case wrenching on your rig...you’re doing the same damn thing. I’ve never known anyone to say, ya know what guys, the Mayo Clinic says I’ve had enough.
alcohol-content-wine-beer-liquor.jpg

25 fluid oz. roughly in a fifth....so 2 ish beers......wrong. 1.5 goes into 25 16.666666something times....so thats like 16 times 12oz or 16 beers........

I dont know how you recon it but my drunk ass knows the difference.

EDIT: i did see where you noted 204 oz.....I digress over consumption is what it is..

He is saying he only drinks on the weekend and drinks a fifth on the weekend which equals 17 beers.
So if you drink 2.5 beers every day (for 7 days) thats 17.5 beers per week

Me? I drink a 1.75L of bourbon a week...I need to quit.
I drink 5-7 nights a week.

He is saying he only drinks on the weekend and drinks a fifth on the weekend which equals 17 beers.

I edited my post I saw that.....and I agree with you. Didnt really mean to make this into a AA meeting either...to each his own. I drink entirely too much coffee.

Now THAT makes more sense and more accurately states his point.

Now THAT makes more sense and more accurately states his point.

That differs from this how???

It takes about 204 oz of 5% beer to equal the same alcohol content as a 40% fifth...or roughly 17 12oz cans. If I drink 1 fifth in a weekend, that’s the equivalent of 2.5 beers a day

And I’ll take you as a neighbor in the trailerpark any day of the week. Here’s to being part of the downfall of civilization as we know it.

I was kinda thinking it sounded like the how ole Clevon got us all in a bad situation in the future

382209249_1280x720.jpg

That differs from this how???
I don't really give a shit what you do at home. That's your business but to justify drinking a fifth by lunch by playing averages is ridiculous. My body can process a couple of beers with ease. However, if you ask it to process the whole twelve pack in a single morning then I'm going to pay for it and my liver is going to start crying.

We've tried Death Wish coffee. Was not impressed. Enjoyed the BRCC MO blend tho.

We use a pod coffee or use our espresso machine (that cost more than an Atlas, smh... women) to make Americanos.

One of our favorite in/out is a Guatemalan blend. Great folder/trash replacement lol https://amzn.to/2DcWU7R

One of the most unique I have tried is a whiskey barrel aged bean. Yum! https://amzn.to/2Q11R6l

A favorite pod is Glory Brew The Duke https://amzn.to/2Q6Shz8

We've tried Death Wish coffee. Was not impressed. Enjoyed the BRCC MO blend tho.

We use a pod coffee or use our espresso machine (that cost more than an Atlas, smh... women) to make Americanos.

One of our favorite in/out is a Guatemalan blend. Great folder/trash replacement lol https://amzn.to/2DcWU7R

One of the most unique I have tried is a whiskey barrel aged bean. Yum! https://amzn.to/2Q11R6l

A favorite pod is Glory Brew The Duke https://amzn.to/2Q6Shz8

You know the tape used on Amazon boxes is a good way to allow mold sickness into your body :flipoff2:

I don't really give a shit what you do at home. That's your business but to justify drinking a fifth by lunch by playing averages is ridiculous. My body can process a couple of beers with ease. However, if you ask it to process the whole twelve pack in a single morning then I'm going to pay for it and my liver is going to start crying.

Geez Louise...you guys can’t read for shit.

I get it doesn’t exactly work like that]

I was merely pointing out that when it comes to overall consumption, given a specific time frame a single fifth is the same or lower alcohol amount than I’m sure a good bit of folks on this forum consume. I definitely understand liver saturation and processing, I wasn’t arguing the health benefits of binge vs daily drinking. But again, if someone wants to brow beat, overconsumption is overconsumption...you can’t pick and choose where you’re comfortable with that number being...the medical field already told you where it is. Bottom line, if you’re drinking more than 2 12oz beers a day...you’re overconsuming, however you want to slice and dice how you feel and how you think your body is processing. Do I know the health differences between the guy drinking a fifth one day a week vs the guy that kills 2+ beers every night...nope, but I certainly wouldn’t be throwing stones if I’m trying to build a case against someone overconsuming.

Last edited:
Geez Louise...you guys can’t read for shit.

I was merely pointing out that when it comes to overall consumption, given a specific time frame a single fifth is the same or lower alcohol amount than I’m sure a good bit of folks on this forum consume. I definitely understand liver saturation and processing, I wasn’t arguing the health benefits of binge vs daily drinking. But again, if someone wants to brow beat, overconsumption is overconsumption...you can’t pick and choose where you’re comfortable with that number being...the medical field already told you where it is. Bottom line, if you’re drinking more than 2 12oz beers a day...you’re overconsuming, however you want to slice and dice how you feel and how you think your body is processing. Do I know the health differences between the guy drinking a fifth one day a week vs the guy that kills 2+ beers every night...nope, but I certainly wouldn’t be throwing stones if I’m trying to build a case against someone overconsuming.
I read it just fine. I'm not arguing health effects over time or playing averages. I'm saying straight up that drinking a fifth in one sitting is rough.

I'm saying straight up that drinking a fifth in one sitting is rough.

For some...I’m sure it is...we call those women. I kid, I kid. But seriously though, sure I get a decent buzz going, but doesn’t prevent me from doing anything but driving. Still work around the house, play with the kid, do dishes, send out work emails, etc etc. And now I’ll reveal my true monster...gasp...my buddy may have also smuggled in a fifth for me to drink while the wife and new born were passed out Saturday morning and I was working from my laptop. Flame suit on...

EC42DDDC-89B6-4063-977E-C44EA1483CF8.jpeg
DBB60356-382A-4FB3-A5D1-39A5CBCCE591.jpeg

Back