The Coffee Thread

Truth. I've got a Chemex coffee maker that the wife got for me when we got our new house (long/ridiculous story why, but lets just call it a gift lol). They actually tell you in their instruction to bring the water to a rolling boil, let it sit off the heat just until it stops boiling, then pour the water over the grounds.

Visual aid shown here...can't believe it, but it's actually on YouTube (ok, I can, people probably put videos of themselves picking their noses on YouTube, although I was too afraid to actually search that to prove it to myself):

It does actually make a difference in flavor.

I'm not a coffee drinker, but I have heard tempature makes a huge difference. I have always wanted to make "cowboy coffee" and see.....

:lol::lol: Good point with the kale cleanses and tree bark. Those will definitely be on the list of things I WON'T be consuming.

So is it specifically Kerry Gold, or will any ol butter do the trick? I ain't got the froggiest what is in the fridge right now. But I do know that whatever it is fawked up my carbonara last night (and not in a good way).

You can do it with any old butter, but Kerry Gold will take it up a notch. For bustin' your cherry, I'd wait and get some Kerry Gold. If whatever you have fawked up your carbonara, it will definitely fawk up your coffee.

Kerry Gold is butter from cows that are mostly grass-fed, which is believed to be superior due to the balance of beneficial fatty acids. It also tastes amazing.

Challenge butter is also really good and is rumored to be mostly grass-fed, although I haven't confirmed. I buy either when it's on sale and stick extra in the freezer.

Can't confirm if any ole butter will work. We found Kerry Gold about 2 years ago after a friend raved about it. I mean...its butter right o_O

Umm no. It makes a HUGE difference in cooking. Now, my wife refuses to have any other butter in the fridge.

So odd..its like I hit my mid 40s and decided that TASTE was headed straight to the top of my list.
Taste is a good priority to have! I have found out the hard way a couple times that the wrong butter will royally screw an otherwise tasty meal...
I'm not a coffee drinker, but I have heard tempature makes a huge difference. I have always wanted to make "cowboy coffee" and see.....

Just for grins I think I'll have to check that one out. :D
You can do it with any old butter, but Kerry Gold will take it up a notch. For bustin' your cherry, I'd wait and get some Kerry Gold. If whatever you have fawked up your carbonara, it will definitely fawk up your coffee.
I'll have to look for that at the local store. Otherwise, I might have to sniff around and see where I can find it. I don't know wtf that trash is in the fridge, but it's about to hit the round bin.
Kerry Gold is butter from cows that are mostly grass-fed, which is believed to be superior due to the balance of beneficial fatty acids. It also tastes amazing.

Challenge butter is also really good and is rumored to be mostly grass-fed, although I haven't confirmed. I buy either when it's on sale and stick extra in the freezer.
Good to know! I'm gonna have to find me some.

This butter changed my life...

Butter - Tillamook

So my Black Riffle Coffee showed up. I gotta say, I’m not impressed. I think they just have some very good marketing and do some great stuff with their profits. But I’m not a fan. I’ve made 2 pots of coffee and will not be using the rest.

So far Don Pablo’s is my favorite. Drinking coffee black now, I guess I’ve become even more picky about my coffee.

Went Glamping awhile back and remembered to take my grinder, coffee and kettle but forgot my dripper so had to make due. I was having coffee.
pour over.jpg

So my Black Riffle Coffee showed up. I gotta say, I’m not impressed. I think they just have some very good marketing and do some great stuff with their profits. But I’m not a fan. I’ve made 2 pots of coffee and will not be using the rest.

So far Don Pablo’s is my favorite. Drinking coffee black now, I guess I’ve become even more picky about my coffee.
What kind did you get?
The Silencer Smooth is some of the best coffee I have tasted.

I got the CAF.

At $18/bag I’m not willing to buy another and be disappointed. I don’t want to trash them because I like what they do and what they stand for, but for all the hype I was extremely unhappy. It was actually some of the worst coffee I’ve had to be honest! But at the end of the day, that’s only my my opinion. They have a nitch market and claim to do good with their profits, and I like that.

What kind did you get?
The Silencer Smooth is some of the best coffee I have tasted.

I got the CAF.

At $18/bag I’m not willing to buy another and be disappointed. I don’t want to trash them because I like what they do and what they stand for, but for all the hype I was extremely unhappy. It was actually some of the worst coffee I’ve had to be honest! But at the end of the day, that’s only my my opinion. They have a nitch market and claim to do good with their profits, and I like that.

Just FYI CAF (Caffeinated as F*ck) is designed to be super stout and super bitter. Its what 3x the caffeine of a regular cup and since caffeine is a bittering agent...

That's sort of like hating rum because 151 didnt taste good.

Im weird. I like CAF as a flavor

@77GreenMachine I'll echo what @Ron said. CAF is pretty aggressive. I like it, but in moderation. AK47, Silencer Smooth and Just Black are some others of theirs I like. Not nearly as aggressive as CAF. I will say, I have a buddy of mine who is a big BRCC nutswinger so I usually let him buy a bag then I'll try it before I buy it though. They are also supposed to be doing a collaboration with Onnit to product a Coffee/MCT oil blend.

DrinkinBros and thinblueline are two common 20% off discount codes for their web orders.

Back