Random Thoughts.....

Pulled into a Quick Trip on the bad end of Gtown again today. 44 oz fountain Diet Coke was my objective.
Saw a bunch of homeless folks hanging around the service entrance at the back of the store. The door was standing open.
I assumed it was bad till i saw the clerk hand these folks all the pizza that was still edible, but had "just" went out of date.
My belief in humanity has never wavered. This just made me smile!
Be humble and grateful,
I am.

Pulled into a Quick Trip on the bad end of Gtown again today. 44 oz fountain Diet Coke was my objective.
Saw a bunch of homeless folks hanging around the service entrance at the back of the store. The door was standing open.
I assumed it was bad till i saw the clerk hand these folks all the pizza that was still edible, but had "just" went out of date.
My belief in humanity has never wavered. This just made me smile!
Be humble and grateful,
I am.
If more stores/restaurants did stuff like this, there would be alot less starving ppl.

A friend manages the backpack program here, and you would be amazed at the amount of food that is donated by 1 chain grocery store. It is all good stuff that they can't sell because part of it was "damaged" in shipment.

If more stores/restaurants did stuff like this, there would be alot less starving ppl.

A friend manages the backpack program here, and you would be amazed at the amount of food that is donated by 1 chain grocery store. It is all good stuff that they can't sell because part of it was "damaged" in shipment.

When I was spending a lot of my time in SoCal, I had a couple plants in poorer areas, a few of my regular lunch spots did this at the end of the day. Bakeries would hand out extra bread, food trucks would hand out extras/screwed up orders from the day, independent convenient/grocery stores would hand out extra rotisserie items or sealed packages on expiration dates, etc etc. I always thought that was really cool and started looking in to why this wasn’t a thing. Ultimately, to me, it looks like a liability issue. All it takes is one soup kitchen serving tainted goods, or one homeless guy trying to get rich off a big chain store to make folks cover their collective asses.

Yes! That blueberry chipotle is awesome. Also love the mango habañero at buffalo wild wings. Burns my lips off, but so good. Love sweet and spicy.

Hey i recently got turned on to this one and we been wearing it out;

Get some Siracha (we use the clear bottle with the green chicken on it) and mix it 50/50 with honey. Warm it up and stir or shake until it blends well and put it on anything. I have been frying naked chicken wings and shaking them in it but the wifey loves it on green beans (damn if i know).

Hey i recently got turned on to this one and we been wearing it out;

Get some Siracha (we use the clear bottle with the green chicken on it) and mix it 50/50 with honey. Warm it up and stir or shake until it blends well and put it on anything. I have been frying naked chicken wings and shaking them in it but the wifey loves it on green beans (damn if i know).
Heck yeah. I'll definitely try that. Sounds like it would be good.

When I was spending a lot of my time in SoCal, I had a couple plants in poorer areas, a few of my regular lunch spots did this at the end of the day. Bakeries would hand out extra bread, food trucks would hand out extras/screwed up orders from the day, independent convenient/grocery stores would hand out extra rotisserie items or sealed packages on expiration dates, etc etc. I always thought that was really cool and started looking in to why this wasn’t a thing. Ultimately, to me, it looks like a liability issue. All it takes is one soup kitchen serving tainted goods, or one homeless guy trying to get rich off a big chain store to make folks cover their collective asses.
I could see that. But if they "threw it out" but in a way that someone could come by and get it, that should cover liability. Technically they would be stealing to come take it, even though it was "trash".

There is a local "soup kitchen" that a number of churches/stores/restaurants give leftovers to. Obviously they check over it and reheat it before serving.

A member here (or several) come to mind:

“As to methods there may be a million and then some, but principles are few. The man who grasps principles can successfully select his own methods. The man who tries methods, ignoring principles, is sure to have trouble.” ― Harrington Emerson

I have been building a shed for over a year now, and decided to clean up about around the site first thing this morning. I found a really nice tarp that isn't that old (looks like it was bought in the last 6-12 months), and I don't remember buying it. I must be getting old.

I have been building a shed for over a year now, and decided to clean up about around the site first thing this morning. I found a really nice tarp that isn't that old (looks like it was bought in the last 6-12 months), and I don't remember buying it. I must be getting old.
Maybe a neighbor used it to cover up your mess? :D

Probably blew in from the neighbors.

The neighbors can't see my mess. There is no chance it belongs to a neighbor. I have to take full responsibility for my brain failing me.

I could see that. But if they "threw it out" but in a way that someone could come by and get it, that should cover liability. Technically they would be stealing to come take it, even though it was "trash".

There is a local "soup kitchen" that a number of churches/stores/restaurants give leftovers to. Obviously they check over it and reheat it before serving.

People in general have lost their sense of gratitude. I used to work concessions at the Coliseum and we would have garbage bags full of popcorn, trays of hot dogs and hamburgers, and tons of cooked chicken tenders at the end of the night. We used to bring it to homeless shelters, but we had to stop because someone "got sick" after learning that the stuff came from the Coliseum. I guess they figured it was an easy way to sue the city and live on easy street since they attribute the Coliseum with the City of Greensboro. Since there was no way to tell for sure if the person was sick before, the shelter manager stopped accepting the food, so we had to throw it away.

My wife has a saying, "If you are hungry, you will eat. If you turn down food when you are hungry, you really aren't all that hungry after all and probably have never known real hunger." I'm not saying you eat moldy food, but if it was good enough for the Coliseum to charge $6 for a burger, then a homeless dude snubbing his nose at it seems a little off.

Next time your doin hash browns, scrambled eggs and bacon try these extra ingredients for something different.

We like the preseasoned hash browns or cubes taters. Add some Oregano, and small amount of Rosemary. We fry up the taters to get em browned up. Add seasoning and a bit of water and steam in the moisture and flavor.

Now the eggs. Scramble with bit of milk. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Final ingredient crushed red pepper flake. For a more colorful presentation and a sweet hint Add some peperoncini.

Bacon, fry. Don't mess with the bacon. Don't over cook the most perfect creation from the pig. Toss any imposters in the garbage! Bacon is pig not turkey.

It always amazes me that no matter how uneducated,ignorant or just plain ol dumb people are they still know how to use them smart phones.

A) someone needs to inform FAA persons they are not SFS.

B) if it was a viable option I would buy the GSP airport and fire the policy makers and stick them with a bs claim so they go to jail for at least an overnight stay.

Back