Random Thoughts.....

On a similar note, saw on FB today, a friend who noticed a homeless lady, living in the woods. He wants to help! Many of us told him about here being out there for 4+ years. She looks about 70, & has clothes & a coat or 2. Many Locals, know about her. She walks about 1/2 mile daily, to either Bojangles or MacDonald's. Maybe both. She seems to always have enough cash for food. I've been told & been close enough to her, to realize she is Schizophrenic, & or Bi-polar; maybe both!
She talks to people that are only in her mind, but doesn't care to talk with a real person. Anyway, he sought out some winter coveralls, Arctic sleeping bag, couple blankets, & rain gear. He's considering a Tent, depending on if the Need is there. The Lad is all Heart. We all Praised him, & wished him Good Luck

I commend your care for this woman, and only offer this as guidance. Being manic depressive (bi-polar) does not cause a person to talk with people who are not there. And most forms of schizophrenia also do not cause those symptoms. Going against what is correct in diagnosing mental illness, I would guess she is what is commonly known as periniod schizophrenic. Just an uneducated guess, but maybe, just maybe it could help with the care she needs.

That other thread got me thinking. Isn't "up the creek without a paddle" a much better situation than "down the creek without a paddle"?

Also seems like 99% get “couldn’t care less” and “could care less” mixed up. I don’t even get how that’s possible because they are both so blatantly self-explanatory

Hearing my 16 yr old daughter ball her fucking eyes out in the shower over a 15yr old friend committing suicide destroys me.

Sucks. The good thing that can arise out of it is that now your daughter will know first hand the true damage suicide does and how selfish it truly is - maybe one day she will have a depressive moment and this experience will be the encouragement needed to stay away from a dark path.

Why is it so effing hard for any employer in NC to even give me the time of day? I'm so desperate to move back at this point, I'd do damn near anything...(there is a limit to what I'd do...get your mind out of the gutter!) PA sucks donkey dong, and I've got to get back to some normalcy.
What type of work?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Yes, this is true.
However, the YJ and the iconic, put Jeep on the map, CJ did, and the TJ was a mistake (that jeep recognized and corrected with the JK due to so many complaints and requests for easily removable fenders)...so my question/random thought still stands.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Huh?

Lets face it - why the fawk would a manufacturer have any motivation to specifically design their vehicle so that the owners could remove THEIR parts and put on those made by somebody else?
Other than "customer happiness", which is waaay less important than selling vehicles (which you do by making them look nice to soccer moms), there is no reason for Fiat Chrysler to give a rats ass.

Keep in mind, NHTSA regs require marker lights to be visible from the side.

What type of work?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I'd really like to get back into engineering - preferably mechanical, but would try an entry level electrical engineer position as well. I have a BS in Physics (engineering is applied Physics anyway...), and have experience as a manufacturing engineer, certified structural welder, hydraulic/pneumatic systems, CNC programming with both machine shop and CNC plasma and oxy-acetylene cutting. Currently I'm a production manager, and have many years management experience under my belt as well. I wouldn't mind getting back into something where I'm working for a living again. :D Just yesterday I found the "job hook-ups" thread, which I'll be perusing soon.

I'd really like to get back into engineering - preferably mechanical

We're in the BORING part of engineering (PM&E for construction) and always looking....but it sounds like your'e in the "movers and shakers" end of engineering :(

2 calls/day, every day...for the last 18 months. I was polite, I’d even ask for more local info, and I’ve asked to be removed from the calling list at least once a week. I fully support giving blood, and I could put up with the borderline harassing phone calls. But don’t f**king text me.

0E576050-8909-48CC-8672-A609E48C5FBB.png

I'd really like to get back into engineering - preferably mechanical, but would try an entry level electrical engineer position as well. I have a BS in Physics (engineering is applied Physics anyway...), and have experience as a manufacturing engineer, certified structural welder, hydraulic/pneumatic systems, CNC programming with both machine shop and CNC plasma and oxy-acetylene cutting. Currently I'm a production manager, and have many years management experience under my belt as well. I wouldn't mind getting back into something where I'm working for a living again. :D Just yesterday I found the "job hook-ups" thread, which I'll be perusing soon.

We are going to be hiring a Manufacturing Engineer soon. We have one retiring. It's in Marion, if you are interested I can give you some more information. Might be able to get your resume in ahead of the others. ;)

I commend your care for this woman, and only offer this as guidance. Being manic depressive (bi-polar) does not cause a person to talk with people who are not there. And most forms of schizophrenia also do not cause those symptoms. Going against what is correct in diagnosing mental illness, I would guess she is what is commonly known as periniod schizophrenic. Just an uneducated guess, but maybe, just maybe it could help with the care she needs.
My ex was loaded with bipolar manic depression....the only person she cussed was me...and the only thing she imagined was taking anybody who loved her down with her. Mostly because if she couldn't be happy no one else was gonna be either or everybody else was out to cause her grief that wanted to help. I can see where this lady would cold shoulder assistance.

Sitting at the fish camp after our workout, listening to what HAS to be "70s pop" on their Pandora radio...my wife and I agree, aside from true rock, 70s music was ALL depressing as hell. Every song made us want to go out and kill a puppy

My ex was loaded with bipolar manic depression....the only person she cussed was me...and the only thing she imagined was taking anybody who loved her down with her. Mostly because if she couldn't be happy no one else was gonna be either or everybody else was out to cause her grief that wanted to help. I can see where this lady would cold shoulder assistance.
I have No idea of her "condition". Seems the "Bi-Polar" tag has become the norm for most im-balanced people today. I have just heard from other folks, & also walked by her one day, as she was talking. I Thought she was on a blue tooth speaking with some one in jail. She sounded like a Lawyer! Later I was told she just talks to imaginary people.

We're in the BORING part of engineering (PM&E for construction) and always looking....but it sounds like your'e in the "movers and shakers" end of engineering :(

While that might be the boring side of engineering, I'd almost bet you my lunch money AND my allowance that my current job is exponentially more boring... I'd almost think it would be more fun to slam my pecker in the door, then drop my sack through a meat grinder. The plant manager seems to think it takes tons of planning and thinking to get even the slightest of things done, such as how many times to shake it after you piss before it becomes wasted labor. I seriously could walk in 2 minutes before the shift starts, glance at work dispatch screens, a quick browse of my calendar to see who is on PTO, and effectively manage my shift without a hitch.

Anyway, feel free to PM me any details you might have. I'm interested in most anything at this point.
We are going to be hiring a Manufacturing Engineer soon. We have one retiring. It's in Marion, if you are interested I can give you some more information. Might be able to get your resume in ahead of the others. ;)

That sounds awesome! I'd love to go ahead and pull the trigger on that, but my wife is pretty much dead set on RDU/eastern Carolina. I might be able to convince her of Winston-Salem region, but she's not too sure since she's never been there. I bought a transmission and some other parts from some dude from that area way back in the day while I was living on the coast, and I didn't mind the drive or the area. I'll run it by the woman, though. She might just bite!

2 calls/day, every day...for the last 18 months. I was polite, I’d even ask for more local info, and I’ve asked to be removed from the calling list at least once a week. I fully support giving blood, and I could put up with the borderline harassing phone calls. But don’t f**king text me.

View attachment 260523

Ha...took 3 days off...but calling again. They must be hurting for blood. At least it’s local this time.

79302F21-5FD5-4A15-A8B2-156A5A565EFA.png

On that same thought ^^ I just found out that there is a KedPlama facility in down town burlington nc. They apparently compensate donors at this company. Burlington, NC | KEDPlasma US
If your familiar with the area and the surrounding neighborhoods this will instill a little anxiety about ever receiving plasma at the hospital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replaced the hard drive and reinstalled the OS in an old KIA laptop today to be used for a future project. Why is it that a factory-installed wireless card, when using the factory-provided driver disks, a) doesn't recognize that the wireless card is even on board, 2) the driver doesn't exist anywhere in the driver DVDs, even when installing them all manually, and d) I've now got to figure out which wireless card I've got so I can go download the appropriate driver?? I'll have to dig up an Ethernet cable to go old school wired method for a minute...

Fawkin Dell...If it didn't cost me only $25 to refurb a 10 year old laptop to be a simple Tuner Studio, I'd just pitch it and start over.

Back