Random Thoughts.....

When Miley Cyrus gets naked and licks a sledgehammer, it's "art" and "music". When I do it, they say I am "wasted" and "have to leave Home Depot".

WE ARE FINALLY CLOSING!!!!! I guess I dont have to go to jail for murder in Ohio now...

So my job with a company I loved but had a bad GM at made me fire 3 people the week before thanksgiving. Then had me fire 4 people yesterday, then fired me. With no Xmas bonus, and no severance.

Has to be the dirtiest thing I've ever seen done by a company. The owners had the gall to ask me to help them out with some info on ongoing projects this morning. I told them my pay stopped at 445pm the day before, so did any involvement with the company.

Had they given me severance I'd have helped out but they can go directly to hell and make a pit stop ate the eat shit shack on their way.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Call an back, offer to help, and then screw them over?

So my job with a company I loved but had a bad GM at made me fire 3 people the week before thanksgiving. Then had me fire 4 people yesterday, then fired me. With no Xmas bonus, and no severance.

Has to be the dirtiest thing I've ever seen done by a company. The owners had the gall to ask me to help them out with some info on ongoing projects this morning. I told them my pay stopped at 445pm the day before, so did any involvement with the company.

Had they given me severance I'd have helped out but they can go directly to hell and make a pit stop ate the eat shit shack on their way.

My company is doing a mass layoff next week. There's really no good time to do it, but if one has to happen around the holidays...I generally prefer to try to catch it before everyone spends money they're gonna need. I was actually told by the Board of Directors they didn't think my position was necessary and didn't want it hitting SG&A, so they were going to dissolve it during the layoffs. However, they're creating a brand new VP position for me in Business Intelligence or Operations Analytics or some bunk ass name, so I'll continue doing the same stuff, but hit the P&L in the ops bucket. That said, I know good and well that no one, regardless of job or position is irreplaceable, and if it's been demonstrated that you're expendable once, you'll be expendable again. Obviously, that means I've dusted off my resume. But that also means, I get to dust off ol' Ben DoubleU, LLC. See, what happens with Ben DoubleU, LLC is, upon my departure from a company, and I get flooded with calls for shit I was keeping together, they forfeited the right to get the answers out of me at $75/hr...so they're sure as hell not going to get it for free, so Ben DoubleU, LLC is a consulting group that is MORE than willing to offer their knowledge and services for the low, low, low billable rate of $500/hr (actually not a bad rate when looking at consultants)...minimum charge 1 hour, pass one hour, round up to the next hour. Actually worked for one of the businesses I managed that was HQ'd in Cali.

My company is doing a mass layoff next week. There's really no good time to do it, but if one has to happen around the holidays...I generally prefer to try to catch it before everyone spends money they're gonna need. I was actually told by the Board of Directors they didn't think my position was necessary and didn't want it hitting SG&A, so they were going to dissolve it during the layoffs. However, they're creating a brand new VP position for me in Business Intelligence or Operations Analytics or some bunk ass name, so I'll continue doing the same stuff, but hit the P&L in the ops bucket. That said, I know good and well that no one, regardless of job or position is irreplaceable, and if it's been demonstrated that you're expendable once, you'll be expendable again. Obviously, that means I've dusted off my resume. But that also means, I get to dust off ol' Ben DoubleU, LLC. See, what happens with Ben DoubleU, LLC is, upon my departure from a company, and I get flooded with calls for shit I was keeping together, they forfeited the right to get the answers out of me at $75/hr...so they're sure as hell not going to get it for free, so Ben DoubleU, LLC is a consulting group that is MORE than willing to offer their knowledge and services for the low, low, low billable rate of $500/hr (actually not a bad rate when looking at consultants)...minimum charge 1 hour, pass one hour, round up to the next hour. Actually worked for one of the businesses I managed that was HQ'd in Cali.
That my friend is a damn fine idea, thank you. I will make sure I Bill when they call. I have already laughed at them a few times this morning. This all happened in the midst of 2 big projects coming to completion and I was going to Mexico with them. And from what I hear my temporary replacement turned down the spot right at lunch today. Karma will get them every time.

The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer.

Call them back with your hourly consulting fee

The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer.
Damn fine stuff there! I believe that is referred to as the "Fuller method".

Poor UPS delivery drivers. I got a package delivered last night at 9:37pm. He usually stops by between 3:30-5pm. Those guys get worked during the holiday season.

DUE TO OPERATING CONDITIONS, YOUR PACKAGE MAY BE DELAYED. / DELIVERY WILL BE RESCHEDULED.

That right there sir,is quote worthy.

Poor UPS delivery drivers. I got a package delivered last night at 9:37pm. He usually stops by between 3:30-5pm. Those guys get worked during the holiday season.
The week before Christmas, we usually order a box of cookies on amazon and address it to Delivery Guy. When he shows up, I hand it right back to him and say, have a great week.

Funny, we always seem to get our packages in time and delivered with a smile.

Taking a shit at 6 am in a porta crapper when it’s 22* outside is a horrible way to start your day.

Gotta find the silver lining...hop fully at that temp, what’s below you has semi-frozen...so there’s no chance at splashback.

If I make it thru the rest of my life with out having to use another mexican space shuttle, I'm good.

I'd rather (and usually do) go out in the woods.

Random thought: Can we change the name of "reckless driving" to something that doesn't sound so skillful?

Reckless? hell, I hit just where I was aimin

Back