Burrellsjeep Project: Eugene

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_CageFront.jpg

Braxton,

When do you want to help me build this? I am thinking I will just run the front bars though the dash to the floor that way I can tie in to the frame later.

What do ya think?

I'm digging the increase in triangulation on the upper bars.

After doing mine good luck with tieing into the frame. The tubes hit the floor almost right on top of the frame and right behind a body mount. I wanted mine tied in and there just was not any real good way to do it. Also when you go through the dash you will have to pull the duct work for your side vents. You might be able to cut them up and reshape them to get them back though.

I'm digging the increase in triangulation on the upper bars.

I need to post the finale design, It has even more. I opted against the 180 hoops to the b-pillar.

Here is an update on the finale design, I need to finish the rear spreaders and seat bar, But you get the idea, Sorta going with the same look in the rear as the front.

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_CageRedesign.jpg

I will update the design when I done with it.

Well the tube is ordered and should be here by mid next week. Braxton dropped his tools by a few days ago so I am hoping we can start cutting some tube next weekend. I just need to get the jeep prepped this weekend. I know everyone is anxiously waiting to see some progress :flipoff2::lol:

If ya'll think you need some more practice b4 you start on yours. you can practice on mine. lol

Well,

While trying to plan this out, I was looking at the calendar and Sunday is Valentin's Day, and Braxton is heading to the Hammers so I am not wanting to tackle this alone and we have a club ride set for the 21st of Feb. So I am going to have to put this off till after the ride.

Man I wanted this done before the next trip, But I would rather not rush and do a shitty job.

Kyle and I got the Dash configured and CB mounted, Just couldn't Find a good spot to install the CB so I put it in the dash, Took some work to get it to fit. Made a speaker and hard wired it to the speaker wires in the CB.

dash.jpg

CB Speaker.jpg

001.jpg

My heat is just floor and Defrosters hard wired to a on/off switch with a variable speed control in line on the switch panel at the top of the dash. So moving the switch panel into the vent slots was not a problem.

and I know my switches are not straight :flipoff2:

Managed to finish up a few loose ends on the back of the jeep, Got my CB antenna mounted and finally got my jack mounted in a location that not in the way. Made me a little mount out of some scrap 3/8s Alum Angle. Worked out pretty good.

Antenna Mount.jpg

On the jack mount I cut the heads off a couple of 9/16 bolts, and drilled a couple holes in the hoop of the tire carrier and welded around them. What I like about this is the nuts that hold the jack on is the same size as the lug nuts so I can remove the jack with the tire tool.

Jack Mount.jpg

Jack Mount Close.jpg

Now I gotta load it up and pack the tow rig for the TJC Ride tomorrow, I will post some video and pictures from the ride, If it is as nice as it is today should be a great ride, can't wait.

Well I am happy, The day turned out to be perfect weather for wheeling, every thing worked on the Jeep as planed, the CB operated just about perfect (I was sweatin a little, Got it for $10 and repaired, this was the first "field" test) Got some pictures from the ride.

On one of the trails

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_TJC_005_1.jpg

Most of our Group, yeah those are my two boys running a muck

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_TJC_020_1.jpg

My oldest decided to go leg wheelin

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_TJC_021_1.jpg

All in all it was a great way to spend the day

Cage

We made some progress on the roll cage with the help of Kyle and Braxton (Mostly Kyle :flipoff2:)

Bending up the front door bars

003.jpg

For our first time using the bender or any bender for that matter, I think they turned out perfect.

001.jpg

002.jpg

We started out by laying out the measurements for the inside of the jeep on the garage floor so that we could then bend the bar to fit the area. Once the first one was bent it went much smoother.

Then we just did repeated the process to for the driver side.

007.jpg

008.jpg

We ran the front bars through the floor so that it can be tied into the frame rails. Need to go ahead with some sliders to tie these into.

004.jpg

Thats not a piece of the cage tube it is a scrap piece of dom I used to fit the hole.

Here are the last shots of the day, we got pretty far for our first time, The spreaders are being a pain to put in, kinda like a puzzle you have to know which one to put in first. We are still working that out.

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

Well it was getting late and we put 12 hours into to get this far, But I feel good about and it couldn't have turned out any better, Now I just have to find time to finish it.

Back