Burrellsjeep Project: Eugene

i think i could do the 3 link in the front it dont look to hard on paper but im sure i will be since i have your desgin on the brackets the only thing that looks really hard is the bracket on the drivers side for the top and bottom control arms to connect to but you can help i know a guy who can bend me the metal and a good welder

Moneys been tight so work on the jeep has been slowed. I did trade for some wheels, Finally got the chrome ones off it after eight years.

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_014_5.jpg_e5fe1e95148506ae414a7517e6883e1e.jpg

I like the look.

Someone needs to buy my old wheels and help support my project.

Wheels

looks good man. glad to see you dumped the chrome. glad to see another person who is happy they have a 2.5. people ask me all the time if i have a v-8 and i just smile as i tell them its a 2.5. and they wonder why we dont break axle shafts. less torque on rocks is better. our group is going to ure oct 9thpm-11th with about 8 jeeps if yall wanna come down and play! - Tripp-RRK:beer::huggy:

looks good man. glad to see you dumped the chrome. glad to see another person who is happy they have a 2.5. people ask me all the time if i have a v-8 and i just smile as i tell them its a 2.5. and they wonder why we dont break axle shafts. less torque on rocks is better. our group is going to ure oct 9thpm-11th with about 8 jeeps if yall wanna come down and play! - Tripp-RRK:beer::huggy:

Glad to hear your also happy with yours.

I would love to go to URE but I will be recouping from our trip the weekend before. We'll be in Callalantee the next weekend if your interested, We will be wheeling Friday Night, and all day Saturday.

I haven't been working on this, Just been wheeling it. I have some plans, Just need to gather some parts. But here are some videos of our club (Trail Jammers) in action.

I get a clicking from the rear, when under load, like in the video, I think its just the Limited Slip. But its not that noticeable, You can kinda hear it in the video, Near the top of the rocks.

Callalantee Park Mt City TN
ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_TJC_callytrip067.jpg

Few Pics from the Uwharrie TJC trip,

attachment.php

Lost my real coil coming up a rocky climb, The rear flexed and the spring poped out, made the climb :smokin:, put the spring back in at the top, time to install some retaining plates.

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_WaynesPics182.jpg
ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_TJC_WaynesPics188_1.jpg
ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_TJC_WaynesPics187_1.jpg

The boys had fun, Really nice day to ride.

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_TJC_WaynesPics189_1.jpg

I'm diggin the jeep with the new wheels on it :Rockon:

Wow your clutch must hate you! lol...

What did you have your tire pressure at? It seemed a bit high from the videos. If you drop them down more you will find that your jeep will perform so much better on the rocks.

Wow your clutch must hate you! lol...
What did you have your tire pressure at? It seemed a bit high from the videos. If you drop them down more you will find that your jeep will perform so much better on the rocks.

I am running them at around 9 psi, Worried about bustin a bead if I go any lower, The claws are about a year old and are just getting broken in, I just about only trail ride it. Not a real soft tire. the rear bulges better than the front, I have a little more weight in the rear. Should probly look at a little lower in the front, Just worried about the bead, until I get some locks on it the wheels.

And it the factory clutch in it. I keep saying I need to replace it. 109k on it. Oh course the jeep has only 9k in the last 8 years and most of it is trail miles :huggy:

cool... it just didn't look like the tires were squatting much under the weight of the jeep. Maybe you should put them at 2 psi and drive around the yard for a bit to get them loosened up a little.

And just to let you know, I normally run mine at 10psi in ure and then only time i loose a bead is when i slam my tire against a clay wall. :driver:

Just keep a few spare rags, valve stem core puller, air tank, and ether around and your good to go.

cool... it just didn't look like the tires were squatting much under the weight of the jeep. Maybe you should put them at 2 psi and drive around the yard for a bit to get them loosened up a little.
And just to let you know, I normally run mine at 10psi in ure and then only time i loose a bead is when i slam my tire against a clay wall. :driver:
Just keep a few spare rags, valve stem core puller, air tank, and ether around and your good to go.

Thanks, DIY Beadlocks are in it near future.

Well I think I took my last trip for the season, Went up to Callalantee yesterday.

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_TJC_068_1_1.jpg_25117d2fde657235efc4fd6205b66d31.jpg

Time to start a few projects,

Exhaust needs to be redone, Its just leaking like hell.
Need to address Skids, Transfer Skid is taking a beating, Gas tank holds less fuel now.
Need to raise the motor mounts an inch, so I can finish my tummy tuck, Building a flat transfer skid.

Damn...Looks like it was rather cold

Cage

Been designing my cage in Bend Tech Pro.

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_MyCageFrontSide.jpg

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_MyCageLeftRear.jpg

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_MyCageRear.jpg

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_MyCageTop.jpg

Keep in mind this a family cage so I will have to keep the back seat accessible, I know cross bars behind the seat would be ideal but I can't give up the space. This is a "Just In Case" design, Not a "I know I am going to use it" design.

With the help of Braxton I might actually be able to make this happen.

The blue tube is the existing cage that I plan to build off of. The silver is 1.75

Those comments should be on a sticker. The cage looks good and thats a cool video. What kinda software are you using?

Bend Tech Pro, Still getting the hang of it.

Thanks, I really hope to never use the cage at this point in time, Maybe in the future, when my boys have there own rigs, I can build it into something that might get flopped.

Click the Trail Jammers in the Sig for all of our videos

Back