4BT-A Powered Daily Driver CJ-8

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_P1030728.jpg

i am going to cringe when we get to the first mud hole

after class i had my cousin come over and help me a little. i wanted to get an idea of what size tire i need. i had planned on 33's but i think i will have to go 35's after looking at with the body sitting on it.

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_P1030734.jpg

35's may be your friend for getting a little better hwy speeds running that little diesel. But, one thing to keep in mind is that the suspension will probably settle some once the rig is fully dressed and the springs are cycled a few times.... Nice progress though looking forward to seeing it finished!

i agree....it will settle some but i dont think it will settle enough for the 33's there is not that much more weight going back there.

It took forever to get the parts right to rebuild the hubs on the front axle. but its done now and has been put under the frame. I picked up a set of 35/12.50/15 BFG KM2's and sat the body on the frame. i was so pumped to finally see it take shape.:bounce2: next thing is to make the body mounts.

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_P1030742.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_P1030746.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_P1030748.jpg

Looks awesome. Are you going to have to put a UV resistant top coat on your axles? I know POR15 suggests that. Not sure about Rust Bullet.

I cant tell you how jealous I am about your shop. I live in an apartment complex and have to keep my jeep at my parents house. Do most of my work in their driveway.

thanx guys....yeah i really enjoy the shop. my high school construction class built the shop. it was a great experience.

i am going to paint the axles black with some tractor paint.

Are you going to run high steer? I noticed you have flat tops.

im not planning on it unless i have to. i had i steer on my MJ and i had a lot of trouble with it.

yeah. i think it might have looked stupid with the 33's now...lol

Progress

That Scrambler is going to be mean. Now I want 35s. Maybe Woodkrawler can use my 33s on his MJ.:jeep:

i knew you would be going with 35's. it is just that bad when your little brother Jeep has bigger tires than yours?

Way to go! I have the same goal fix a jeep and leave the new junk alone. looks like you are going all the way. keep the pics a coming.

Polished Aluminum

I hope you caught the recent episode of Xtreme 4x4 where they polished their aluminum bodied Scrambler to a mirror finish. I'm anxious to see yours on the trail. The unmentioned race continues b/w you and Woodkrawler.:jeep:

no man i missed that one, i hope lincoln recorded it. i ready for all of us to go before where 80...lol

my HX30 Turbo rebuild kit came in this week and here are the results. once i got everything torn down i had to let it soak in gas overnight to bust up all of the carbon build up.(who ever had it before me didnt let the turbo cool down before shutting off the engine) it looked like potato chips coming out of it, however i did get it all cleaned out. then i got the rust off of it and painted it with some 2000 degree black paint and then buffed the aluminum until it had some bling to it...lol.

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_P1030794.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_P1030801.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_P1030798.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_P1030802.jpg

man....all your stuff is bling

i just followed the manual step by step

Back