4BT-A Powered Daily Driver CJ-8

yeah every thing but the aluminum will be orange except for the top and the aluminum will be polished. Im going to paint the frame with the POR-15.

Progress

Glad to see you were able to get some more work done on the project. It's amazing how well the aluminum shines after a polishing. I think you'll be able to pull off that orange color with style. If you run across a Hella fog light out your way, it's probably mine.:jeep:

Hey everyone, I actually got to work on the jeep over this Thanksgiving break. I know you guys have been wondering if I ditched the project or something. I have been trying to start a small organic farm to supply my family and that has taken up most of my time this summer and fall. What time the organic farming didn't eat up, I have been spending in class at college. Now that the growing season is over I should be able to work on the jeep until spring, that is if I don't run out of money first:shaking:

Over the summer there were a few rainy days that I was able to install the steering wheel, heater, pedals, and my new seats.

Now for the Thanksgiving break report. I Decided to mock up my engine, transmission, and transfer case. There are a lot of pics but it let you see whats going on. I made a crossmember out of some 2x2x.25 tubing. Then made some mounting ears out of 5/8 plate. I ended up just using the stock motor mounts and isolators. Notice the mounts are not level with each other. In order to make the engine sit level I had to make the supports opposite of each other. I ended up using 5/8 plate and gusseting to have plenty of welding surface area. I think the 5/8 plate should be plenty strong If not a little overkill but that is what I had laying around the shop. The mounts are not fully welded. When I pull the motor back out I will be able to weld them the rest of the way and clean them up a little. Right now everything is in its ruff form. But anyways, here are the pics below.

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_DSCN0582.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_DSCN0584.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_DSCN0595.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_DSCN0621.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_DSCN0627.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_DSCN0629.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_DSCN0628.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_DSCN0630.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_DSCN0638.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_DSCN0631.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_DSCN0632.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_DSCN0639.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_DSCN0637.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_DSCN0616.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_DSCN0618.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_DSCN0623.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_DSCN0622.jpg

This build looks fantastic man, with my build wrapping up one of my biggest regrets was not dressing the engine bay up a bit. I'd definitely reccomend painting the block and getting some nice valve covers. But man, phenomanal build.

Your build looks killer. Any more updates? I have been slowly working on my Scrambler since I got it back in May. If you have them and wouldn't mind sharing I would like more info on the frame you built for yours, I am pretty sure mine is bent and would like to build a new one. Thanks and keep up the great work, cool to see other Scrambler builds.

Eric

Back