4BT-A Powered Daily Driver CJ-8

Well, i pick up another project thursday. 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer. Im not going to start it until i finish my scrambler though. I got it for free with a clear title from some neighbors that had it in there yard. the only problem is the motor is gone...lol. i guess i will just have to put a 4bt in it too.

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_P1030831.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_P1030833.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_P1030838.jpg

WOW that jeep is already sweet! those welds are soo purdy! GREAT JOB!..... this isnt going to be a trailer queen is it

WOW that jeep is already sweet! those welds are soo purdy! GREAT JOB!..... this isnt going to be a trailer queen is it

thanks man....its going to be a DD.

Hurry up man....I wanna hear that 4BT eat.

Only you could fall into a free Grand Waggy. It looks straight. If there's no rust or other body work, you should be rolling soon. Two project vehicles...you can handle it. What a nice daily driver.:jeep:

that is if i ever get it done!

I think that he sold them

I've been doing a little work on the front end of the jeep. The grill needed a plate to mount to and i needed a place for the winch to sit as well. i just kinda copied the factory style tray. once the whole plate was fully welded all the way around, i ground the welds as smooth as possible. then i mixed up a little bondo, applied it to the pits and uneven placed, and sanded it down smooth. then i sprayed a little primer on it. Now i have the grill, hood, fenders, dash, and the winch mounted.

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_P1030820.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_P1030823.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_P1030825.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_P1040006.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_P1040008.jpg

I will be posting some stuff up here soon. I have been really busy since the middle of December.

Wow Mac, a post to say you'll be posting... get on with it. You started a year before Linc. Don't let him get to far ahead.

he wouldn't be ahead of me if he didn't have all of you guys helping him...lol.

Ok here is the update. I have been building the body mounts but its taking longer than I had planned. I'm building them out of 1/4" Plate with YJ Leaf Spring Bushings. 4 are done and 8 are left to go...lol. I have been trying to decide what color to paint all of the steel parts and think i've made up my mind. WHen i was in Tractor Supply Co last night i took a look at Valspar's Restoration Series paint. I fell in love with the AC Orange. So i bought a can of Valspar primer and can of orange to do a little testing. I took the tailgate and sanded it with 600 grit. Then primed it and sprayed it with one coat of orange. here is the finished product. im very pleased with the out come of the rattle can paint. There is a little dust in the paint and a little bit of splatter from the rattle can. but overall it looks great to be spray paint. I think i am going to try painting it myself. since the rattle can turned out like this, i think it will be good with the spray gun. I will have all of the metal sand blasted, this was just a test. Also got the tranny back and matted to the t-case. I did end up just letting a tranny shop go through it. I also polished the body in a spot to see how it will turn out. i just did it by hand so when i use the DA and Buffer it should be even better.

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_DSCN0134.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_DSCN0135.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_DSCN0137.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_DSCN0139.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_DSCN0130.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_DSCN0132.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_DSCN0128.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_DSCN0067.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_DSCN0068.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_DSCN0072.jpg

Back