4BT-A Powered Daily Driver CJ-8

here are some more uptaded pics of whats going on. i havent been able to get much done its seems like ive been real busy lately. but i have a big surprise thats supposed to arrive here thursday.

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_P1020605.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_P1020613.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_P1020612.jpg

tell me tell me tell me

I cant you will just have to wait...lol

i will be putting the Frame, Tub, inline 6, T-176 Tranny, Drive Shafts, Tranny Skid, Full Exhaust, Axles, Tires, and Wheels up in the for sale section soon!

Alright guys the surprise has arrived! It come in today at 3:30pm all the way from Aqualu Industries located in British Columbia. I have been chomping at the bit for one of these since i saw it on Extreme 4x4. I wanted to buy USA but there is not a company here that makes it. So far this is the only non USA made item i've bought, but hey Canada is way better than China!

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_P1020690.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_P1020691.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_P1020687.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_P1020689.jpg

yeah man im planning on polishing it

Is the aluminum tub any lighter than the steel tub, any idea or guess on numbers?

He will have to confirm for sure, but I believe the aluminum tub he has weights in at approx 250lbs. I'm not sure how much the steel tub weights but I know it took 5 of us to move it and it still was heavy!

yeah it is 260lbs and the steel body is about 450lbs i think.

pics make the scrambler look better than it was...lol.

Alright guys the surprise has arrived! It come in today at 3:30pm all the way from Aqualu Industries located in British Columbia. I have been chomping at the bit for one of these since i saw it on Extreme 4x4. I wanted to buy USA but there is not a company here that makes it. So far this is the only non USA made item i've bought, but hey Canada is way better than China!
ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_P1020690.jpg

SWEET!

Nice...how much of the Dodge money did you have to drop on the blingin ass tub?

we'll keep that on the down low. you paid for it.....lol.

my tubing came in for the frame! now i am starting the nerve racking job of building it. i bought two 20 foot 2x4x1/4 tubing. i think that will be more than enough strength to do the job. as for the welding i am going old school.....it will be straight Hobart 235 Stickmate all the way! I know it want look half as good as MIG but it will be twice as strong.

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_P1020694.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b266_Hammerite_05_Scrambler_P1020698.jpg

Cool man...was the old frame rusted out or did you just want to build everything new?

Back