Building a Shop on a budget...(My Shop Project Build)

Ken,
Are you going to keep the compressor in the shop or will it eventually sit outside?

it will start in shop.. but I plan to have a small shed outside with it in that

Looks like your air compressor is missing the compressor, did it crap out? Just wondering, I got the same compressor cheap on Craigs list and I'm wondering what life span I can expect.
Shops looking good BTW.

Looks like your air compressor is missing the compressor, did it crap out? Just wondering, I got the same compressor cheap on Craigs list and I'm wondering what life span I can expect.
Shops looking good BTW.

ya the compressor part is on the floor .. it needs to be rebuilt.. or replaced..

like the shop, looks nice, hard thing is.......

keeping it that way. Word of Advice... Personall Experience.lol
Dont keep anything you
1. Dont need
2. Cant sell within a month
3. Dont like moving around like living room furniture

But youll like it for sure. nothing like your own place to get stuff done. That helps the $flow

Hey I'm looking a place to Store a Boat...that place Looks perfect...I'll be in touch Pal....:flipoff2:

Great Work Man :beer:

like the shop, looks nice, hard thing is.......
keeping it that way. Word of Advice... Personall Experience.lol
Dont keep anything you
1. Dont need
2. Cant sell within a month
3. Dont like moving around like living room furniture
But youll like it for sure. nothing like your own place to get stuff done. That helps the $flow

hahaha.. just like others I am sure I will end up with junk to fill the shop quickly :)

Hey I'm looking a place to Store a Boat...that place Looks perfect...I'll be in touch Pal....:flipoff2:
Great Work Man :beer:

hahha.. no room for a boat :)

Well no pics or anything to show..

BUT....

My Garage is officially LEGAL..

I passed the final inspection today..

as for an update I called cable company and the came out and ran TV cable from house to shop in ditch that I dug for electricity :)

oh and my buddy just gave me a 32" TV for shop..

hehehe

ken, mind me asking what they charged to come out and run cable? you can pm me if you want. i'll be running water/sewer/electric to mine here soon and plan to include that as well. i know they'll add outlets in the home for free. mine has to go 250-300ft., so i seriously doubt they'll do that but i was thinking maybe they'd at least do the outlets in the garage and/or the connections at the house...?

ken, mind me asking what they charged to come out and run cable? you can pm me if you want. i'll be running water/sewer/electric to mine here soon and plan to include that as well. i know they'll add outlets in the home for free. mine has to go 250-300ft., so i seriously doubt they'll do that but i was thinking maybe they'd at least do the outlets in the garage and/or the connections at the house...?

19.95 it was supposed to be FREE but they said if they connect into box on outside house they "MUST" charge a connection fee.

crap I do not care, I could never have run that much cable for 19.95.. it ended up being about 130 feet :)

Well I finally got some of the shop setup.. I have a ton to do.. but this will get me going for a while..

I got the shelf organized even though it does not look like it.
100_4526.jpg

I got cabinets up with ply wood behind them and insulation
100_4530.jpg

Pile of tools, 2- welders, band saw, 2- air compressors, brake, press, plasma, engine lift, etc.. I need to figure out a place for all these to go :)
100_4528.jpg

here is a goo shot of cabinets, bench, fridge, etc
100_4527.jpg

more to come as I get more time.

nice looking set-up you've got there.

you'll have it full of stuff in no time. it took us less than 4 months before our barn got to where you couldnt hardly walk in it, then we started moving crap to the warehouses. :lol:

Looks great. Fantastic job.

so santa & reindeer on top of the cabinets gonna be part of the shop's lighting? awesome shop you've got there.

thanks guys..

well we tested it out yesterday.. had a few guys comoe over and we knocked out 4 projects.. all went well.

as for reindeer.. they go on my house roof.. and I have no good place to store them.. but the top of those cabinets work great :)

well since I pretty much tore up entire backyard building this shop..
I had to build a wall so I can back fill in and make a nice grassy area between shop and house..

still more to do..

100_4584.jpg

100_4585.jpg

question

Hey Bruiser,
Awesome shop man. I read this whole thread and I am so dang jealous. I just have one question. It appears that you dug the footings and laid block without pouring concrete footings as a base. Is that the case or did I miss something. I am curious because I am planning a shop project and my rear yard is on a grade so I will likely have to do a foundation rather than a slab. just looking at my options. again, Great job!

Hey Bruiser,
Awesome shop man. I read this whole thread and I am so dang jealous. I just have one question. It appears that you dug the footings and laid block without pouring concrete footings as a base. Is that the case or did I miss something. I am curious because I am planning a shop project and my rear yard is on a grade so I will likely have to do a foundation rather than a slab. just looking at my options. again, Great job!

Well the shop does have concrete footer with rebar in it, then block on top of that. I also had them fill the block wall with concrete.

Back