Building a Shop on a budget...(My Shop Project Build)

Well with the recent heat and me sweating my butt off I had to get some air flowing..

and since I was given a big fan with a bad motor.. I wondered if I could fix it and get it working.. well after some calling around and contacting Grainger they found me a new motor for $40..

so today I cut the hole and installed the fan.. it really works well

from back outside corner
100_5153.jpg

looking up from outside
100_5151.jpg

I put it up as high as possible
100_5150.jpg

you can see I still need to run wires, but heck it does work :)
100_5143.jpg

since some asked here is the fan:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/3C614

specs:
Whole House Fan, Window Mount, Reversible 3 Speed, Propeller Dia 20 In, CFM High 3560, CFM Medium 3120, CFM Low 2510, HP 1/4, Fan RPM 1600/1450/1100, Voltage 120, 60 Hz, Single Phase

Well my brother was in town so we installed a window on one of the side walls. Plan to install 3 more on other side wall

shopwindow.jpg

Well I am back at it again :)

need more room so I am building a loft to store parts, etc up off the ground

the floor will be 8' off the ground. 20' long and 6.5' in depth

lots more metal to throw at it and brace corners, etc but hope to have it done in a month to get all my stuff up on it and of the floor

100_7658.jpg

100_7659.jpg

100_7660.jpg

looks amazing cant wait to have my own all u need is a heater for the winter months now!

looks great man

got the final layer of wood on..

3/4 plywood.. floor is super sturdy now..also got 1 brace done to building but I have some more to do before i start putting stuff up there.

floordone.jpg

well today was probably pretty stupid but I got it done..

lifted the storage rack up onto the loft.. WOW that was heavy.
maybe I should have taken it apart before i moved it :)

100_7795.jpg

looks great! and I must say that was a smart way to utilize some unused space!

Me and my dad are gonna start on a shop soon and this is about how we want it. For the concrete, electrical, building, and everything. How much has it totaled up too?

Well not so cheap when you add it all up :)

but here is my best guess as I would need to go find receipts to get true total

but I guess if you spread it out over the last 3.5 years like i have it is not so bad

here are some prices that are all best guess and some are exact:
1800 trees taken down
1200 purchase used building
4000 foundation
3000 concrete floor
600 pad removal driveway grade
300 rental of equipment
300 concrete block
100 yard leveling
300 wood framing
300 electrical
100 ditch witch rental
19.95 cable line installed
100 wall insulation etc
100 block retaining wall
200 loft wood / steel was free

total = 12719.95

Well I finally got some pics of the loft and all the stuff up on it.. oh and do not mind the mess we are building another race rig :)

looking from the walk in door
100_8311.jpg

100_8312.jpg

100_8313.jpg

right side
100_8317.jpg

stairs that can be moved anywhere along front of loft ( they hook on )
100_8318.jpg

crane I added to loft to get the heavy stuff up
100_8319.jpg

looking from under loft out
100_8321.jpg

100_8323.jpg

100_8324.jpg

added a TV
100_8326.jpg

This is a a cool thread, I'm thinking of starting a shop build of mine soon using a similar step by step method. Mine will probably just be a large car port for longer:lol: Thinking of using this building system.
Click me

Says you can make a 30ft span, unless I find a deal on a metal building like yours.

This is a a cool thread, I'm thinking of starting a shop build of mine soon using a similar step by step method. Mine will probably just be a large car port for longer:lol: Thinking of using this building system.
Click me
Says you can make a 30ft span, unless I find a deal on a metal building like yours.
Man thanks for that Link.It's weird,I was just thinking today,I need to build something to store the new camper,and it would be nice if there was enough ceiling so I could finally install my two post lift.That's Perfect!!

little update :)

been looking for a bigger box for a long time, now I just need to move all the tools into it and label the drawer

IMG-20111226-00110.jpg

sorry to revive a dead thread, i just joined nc4x4, so it's new to me....but that shop is awesome. you dont even want to know the things i'd do for one like that lol.

well just added a cool new tool to my shop :)

it will be a little while before I get it all wired up and functional but will be awesome to have and use ...

img_2159.jpg

Back