Building a Shop on a budget...(My Shop Project Build)

here is my son helping me install bolts to hold lift in floor :)

for me, the coolest thing is reading back threw the thread and seeing where I stopped the shop build for my sons birth and now he is helping me install the car lift :)

Excellent, you will enjoy having the lift. I just went back and read through the whole thread. Having seen it in person a couple months ago, its nice to see the progress from start to finish. I'm starting to build something similar and will be using some ideas from you. How high are the corners? You said on the first page "it is 26'x36' with 10'6" doorways and 13'6" roof line" so I assume 10.5-11' at the corners and 13.5ft at the peak?

Have you put the buggy project on the lift or are you still working of jack stands? What the plan there?

if all goes well the jeep will be on the lift this weekend :)

well Lift works and Jeep tub is on it and I can now get back to work on Jeep :)

img_2325.jpg

was the foundation poured thick enough in anticipation of a lift?
I just did a lot of research on this topic tonight, and Rotary and Bendpak both say 4.5", 3000psi is sufficient. Titan recommended 6". They all said that if the anchors pull out before reaching recommended torque (150-200ftlbs depending on mfg) then the concrete needed to be cut out in that area and replaced (typically 24"x24"x6" deep, though one of them said something like 12" deep).

was the foundation poured thick enough in anticipation of a lift?

My concrete is between 4" and 4.5"

After reading what rotary said I feel I am fine

I drilled the holes per there instructions and the bolts holding it down were installed exactly as per the instructions. I am guessing others have followed there info like I did so I do not foresee any issues

But I guess we will see

just read the entire thread. a good bit of foresight and pre-planning, way to go!

have you decided on insulation yet? i can only imagine how chilly it gets in there this time of year.

Well I went and picked up 1000 feet of tube so I had to make a steel rack to hold it all..

Thanks to John for the help building it, made it go a lot faster

IMG_4610.jpg

IMG_4620.jpg

and I also started installing a heater, I got the heat part to work but the dang fan wont come on..
IMG_4616.jpg

That's a ton of steel! Love the lift by the way.

What are you building? Is this the recent order I saw a note about or is this all yours?

this is all mine :)

as for stuff being built, all in due time :)

hoping to get my settlement soon called carolina building they come out level the ground and pour the slab put up the building 30 x50 12ft walls two rollup doors and a small entrance door for 13,085 dollars hoping soon and the loft great idea i thought of that also but will have to come in time nice build love your shop

after a lot of jeep builds and other projects it is finally time to work on the shop.

I rented a backhoe to clear a bunch of over grown brush in the back to prep an area for my new to me storage container

this will be used as a POD while we add another garage onto the house and then after the addition is done I will turn it into my yard, compressor extra stuff storage to get all that extra stuff out of the shop

so here is me towing the container home yesterday. (it is a little bit bigger then the avalanche) but hey a lot cheaper to do that then pay a tow company

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_IMG_7737.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_IMG_7738.jpg

PS: the whole BUDGET part of this build just went out the window..

Last edited:
Back