Building a Shop on a budget...(My Shop Project Build)

it took me about 1 hr by myself to get it off the trailer..I hooked up the winch and moved it a bunch then it got stuck but I could not tell why it would not slide so I used a hi lift and a floor jack and then it slid right off with ease.

little jeep power with the help of warn

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_IMG_7748.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_IMG_7749.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_IMG_7750.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_IMG_7751.jpg

I also got rid of my small shed I had and now just need to clean up the wood and block around that area. back yard is starting to look larger already. this will also help since we plan to paint the outside of the shop same color as house once addition is done

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_IMG_7758.jpg

paint samples
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_IMG_7756.jpg

I just saw this thread for the first time (I'm new here). Cool shop, but I like the house too. I'm a big fan of mid century modern (MCM) architecture, and you've got a little bit of it there. I love the front door with the transom window over it.

I just saw this thread for the first time (I'm new here). Cool shop, but I like the house too. I'm a big fan of mid century modern (MCM) architecture, and you've got a little bit of it there. I love the front door with the transom window over it.

thanks..

I thought the house was for sale? I was also hoping to see the jeep crane moving it into place

it was.. but we could not find another one in a area we like that had the same stuff, yard, shop etc.. so we decided to stay and just make this one even better

pretty sure the crane would have had a hard time moving this thing.

it was.. but we could not find another one in a area we like that had the same stuff, yard, shop etc.. so we decided to stay and just make this one even better

pretty sure the crane would have had a hard time moving this thing.

I am finding out the same there in my area also.

I figured it might struggle. Need to build a bigger one with a PTO/Hydro winch for the front of the bus.

like most things when you think you have all your I's dotted and t's crossed you don't.

we had to resubmit the permit due to questions about structural concerns but we are good and we are planning to start demo tomorrow morning.

Spent the last week packing up the rooms and putting all the stuff into the container

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_IMG_7819.jpg

showing the Old Original garage in basement that we are turning into a large family room
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_IMG_7793.jpg

and then I found this little surprise on the side of my garage :(
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_IMG_7823.jpg

Just leave the light on for them. have a hose handy just in case a fire breaks out.

I sprayed 2 cans of wasp/hornet spray last night and ran away like a little girl between bottles :)

If they're going full MCM, they need Eichler colors.

She has good taste, that's my favorite too. You're just painting the brick area of the house that color?

And while we're on the topic of mid-century makeovers, please get rid of those shutters. :D

I love that roof overhang on the porch...

all brick will be painted.. and all new construction will also be painted.

all trim will be white and yes the shutters are being changed

Work has officially started

guys showed up at 8am and got all the top brick down, and then started cleaning them. we are cleaning the brick and will reuse as much as possible

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_IMG_7829.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken__941_IMG_7830.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_IMG_7835.jpg

and when I got home
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_IMG_7838.jpg

A cool hornet trick that works like a charm: Shake well then tape a fogger spray can (kind you set off in your house) to a long piece of pvc and let them have it at night while they are sleeping by flashlight. Just keep in mind all the babies still in the womb cells will still be alive until you smash them as well.
Had a kid mowing my grass and ran into a nest last year. I sprayed the nest and thought it would be something cool for him to put on his wall. The top came off while I was cutting it out of the tree and saw the babies. MAN I'm glad I didn't get it out in one piece for him to hang up in his room...

I've got every bee imaginable and my house is nothing but one big breeding ground... Getting to know them pretty well now. Impossible to totally rid of a 95 year old house of critters. I just live with them as long as they ain't close to a door and do my attic work in the winter time.

well this AM one of the workers got stung by a yellow jacket.. so I went to where he was standing and found a yellow jacket nest in the damn mulch. took a rake and ripped it open and spray another can on those bastards.. glad I am finding them now.. but man 3 nests in 2 weeks this is crazy

Making more progress..

Met with GC and concrete guy to make sure we are all on the same page on what to remove and dig up etc.

they came and ripped up the old concrete parking area so they could dig down for the footers and we got it permitted and concrete poured today.

we will be digging down all the dirt in the middle to lower the garage floor so I can keep a decent head height in garage area.

we also found that the sewer drain was about 2" below the old concrete so we need to now lower that about 12" to 18" which also means we need to lower our sewer sump pump so it can drain correctly.. ( we are below street grade so we have to pump up to get sewer from behind house to street )

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_IMG_7954.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_IMG_7956.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_IMG_7963.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_IMG_7964.jpg

the concrete guy had to go play in a cornhole tournament so it has been slow progress :)

but they did dig out the dirt from the center where the garage will be located to trep for new sewer and main water lines into the house. Hopefully that will be done today or tomorrow and then they can start on foundation.

and lastly we had some supplies deliver also

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_IMG_7994.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_IMG_7999.jpg

nice steel beam for header
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_IMG_7993.jpg

front yard getting full
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_IMG_8002.jpg

Back