3rd annual get together Nov 18-20

I'm likely not going to make it, haven't gotten as much done as I've needed to, I've been dealing with a lot of bullshit. Sucks but maybe next year.

From GER Facebook page:
Due to expected cold weather this weekend, the band has been cancelled and there will be entertainment and a DJ in the Watering Hole Saturday night. Sorry for the inconvenience. We will have the Trailer Park Poets ASAP.
View attachment 385309
Hell the last I read, GER was the destination! That's why I posted this! :laughing: URE huh? I still cant make it

Plans have changed for me and I'll hopefully be down before dark on Friday. Will most likely head back home sat night.

Couple questions
I've never been t to the group camping. Is there a bath house? And where exactly is it? I know there are 3, but are they close to each other?

Plans have changed for me and I'll hopefully be down before dark on Friday. Will most likely head back home sat night.

Couple questions
I've never been t to the group camping. Is there a bath house? And where exactly is it? I know there are 3, but are they close to each other?
Group camp from what I read has a bath house now. I think I read two shower type and two toilets. I could be wrong. There are three campsites that take 20 or 30 people each. All in the same area. I stayed there many years ago.
I'll be arriving 10-1030 sat am and kicking ass with Greg Stone for a while. Gonna catch up with the rest of y'all by a fire in the afternoon.
I'm getting a Brazilian in case the party gets started proper.
Text or call me when you get down. That is one ride I'd like to be a part of or catch up with. I might be just rolling out about then.

My PayPal is jeepnjeff85@gmail.com
The total was 474. If I get anymore than that then….you guys tell me what you wanna do with it. I’m not experienced in setting up events, just didn’t wanna miss a good opportunity to wheel with the crew.
Sent some $$$$. Sorry so last minute.

Group camp from what I read has a bath house now. I think I read two shower type and two toilets. I could be wrong. There are three campsites that take 20 or 30 people each. All in the same area. I stayed there many years ago.

Text or call me when you get down. That is one ride I'd like to be a part of or catch up with. I might be just rolling out about then.
Did you just invite yourself to the cool kid's table?

Tentative plan is to arrive mid-late afternoon. Not sure if I'll go home late Saturday, or Sunday, depending on how much my mangina freezes. Anybody running CB or FRS?

Edit: I guess I just asked about CB out of habit. I don't have one in the jeep anymore. 🤷‍♂️

Anybody planning to bring firewood? What about extra food for me to slum off of? (I'll be happy to contribute financially)

Anybody planning to bring firewood? What about extra food for me to slum off of? (I'll be happy to contribute financially)
I'm just bringing saws and an axe. Being from SC I know they don't like our wood up there.

I’m bringing some firewood but I bet it will go fast. Also bringing a saw

Does anyone know of a delivery service for wood? Maybe get a load delivered Friday? I'm not up on cost up there though. Thoughts?

I'll be happy to haul a truckload, but I don't have much cut and split right now.

Yes. I aint scared. I know yall will be embarrassed with my junk following along....
Mine is a 20 year old build/junk rig. It ain't nothing special at all.I hung the beat down shoes up. If it won't crawl it ,it ain't going. Looking forward to riding with some old school friends. Anyone else that wants in I guess we'll meet at the Eldorado about 1030. Go up Daniel, to Dutch John (down the hill climb) then scoot over to Dickey bell. All the other trails there are just bouncing through the woods and not really worth the effort. We can then head to the campfire and tell lies awhile.

Last edited:
Back