3rd annual get together Nov 18-20

1stgenxxx

The time has come for us to hastily plan a four wheeling adventure. Once...twice...third time is going to be complicated because of engine noises and spinnin tares. Is there a place at URE that our kind is accepted and loved? Can we be free to eat drink and be merry? I had a blast year and I'll do what I can to help with a similar event this year.
Any suggestions?

First in to recommend one of the best wheeling spots on the east coast. Yea, it's a bit more of a drive for some, but well worth it (as any that have been before will attest).

Good Evening Ranch

Ill do what I can to help if its somewhere in the NC area. We unfortunately wont be able to do an over nighter, but will be in for somethin local.

Good Evening Ranch

Last year when this was recommended, thought you boys were nuts to go that far for a GTG...but I'd make it a long family weekend no problem this year.

Also...for level of acceptable rowdy...crashed a wedding and did shots from titty luges, and nothing was said. Although, there was one twatastic waitress that charged me a $5 asshole fee.

Last year when this was recommended, thought you boys were nuts to go that far for a GTG...but I'd make it a long family weekend no problem this year.

Also...for level of acceptable rowdy...crashed a wedding and did shots from titty luges, and nothing was said. Although, there was one twatastic waitress that charged me a $5 asshole fee.
That's a relatively inexpensive ass-hole charge if you ask me.

She probably wasn't smart enough to realize that that $5 charge went straight from her pocket to the restaurants' though

According to what @77GreenMachine said, I vote for Ivy Branch vs GER.
I don't think accommodations are nearly as good at Ivy.

Not to mention all the BS I've heard of lately regarding restrictions on the trails.

Privately run parks ftw imo

I have been to neither, just that GER seems to be very rockcrawling oriented and that's not my forte.

I elected not to come last year since the weather looked iffiy, and thge last nail in the coffin was when my understanding of the event went from a riding trip with all of NC4x4 to a poser meeting up with everyone getting drunk and doing dumb shit in the campground.

I'm all in for the first style, not much for the second.

If it's at URE I'm in. There is always the Group camp. There are 3 sites that accomadate up to 10 vehicles each. Just some thoughts. As for the GER I'd love to go but not sure I can pull that off yet.

I'm actually going to try and make this one! I can probably drag my K30 along OR convince my buddy that we should take his 392 JK Rubicon. Either way, I'm down. I have leave to burn at work anyway :D

I'm down for wherever, as long as I'm free and there's wheeling. GER would be quite fun indeed.

@Bebop you would be able to have fun at GER!!

According to what @77GreenMachine said, I vote for Ivy Branch vs GER.
False. Wheeling is fantastic at Ivy. Being a spot for a get together it would be awful. GER is 1,000% perfect for both.

I have been to neither, just that GER seems to be very rockcrawling oriented and that's not my forte.

I elected not to come last year since the weather looked iffiy, and thge last nail in the coffin was when my understanding of the event went from a riding trip with all of NC4x4 to a poser meeting up with everyone getting drunk and doing dumb shit in the campground.

I'm all in for the first style, not much for the second.

This was the whole point of this thing is getting people together? It’s Uwharrie so the riding would be lame anyway. Not sure why you’re so against hanging out with folks but that was the point lol. There was certainly plenty of beers but it wasn’t a frat party drunken mess by any means. I remember zero drama, and everyone acting like adults the entire time. Lots of standing/sitting around and laughter.

I remember zero drama, and everyone acting like adults the entire time. Lots of standing/sitting around and laughter.

Truf...I was there several hours with a 4yr old, a 2yr old and a 2 month old...and didn't hesitate having some of hooligans watch/play with my kids.

The time has come for us to hastily plan a four wheeling adventure. Once...twice...third time is going to be complicated because of engine noises and spinnin tares. Is there a place at URE that our kind is accepted and loved? Can we be free to eat drink and be merry? I had a blast year and I'll do what I can to help with a similar event this year.
Any suggestions?
Just to highlight some highlights for those who may have missed it in the first post...

Destination wheeling is great, and many of you guys do it all the time and make me jealous. But it's just not practical or central for an NC based 4x4 forum to have a get together some where 3/4/5hrs away in another state. If it's at Uwharrie again, I'll do everything I can to be there (except for actually working on my jeep :D). If it's somewhere else, I'm out. And that's fine. Honestly, if I'm driving 3+ hours to hang out and wheel, I want it to be with a smaller group. For a social event, loosely based around 4x4's, it's easy to drive an hour or two down the road and have a good time. If the jeep breaks, so what, who cares. If the parent or kid gets sick or burns their hands (sorry @jcramsey), you're home in a couple-few hours. It's easy. And revolves around the social as much as the wheeling. Kinda like this forum.

If I'm dragging a buggy on a trailer from 7+h away, I'm coming to wheel :)

I get that, but this was specifically just a get together, wheeling was a bonus and most folks don’t even bring a rig. You’d be sorely disappointed to drag your buggy to Uwharrie anyway. If you wanna wheel, plan a wheeling trip. If you wanna hang out with awesome folks you don’t get to see often, make the trip.

Now if you do want to wheel, I’ll be living in TN soon enough, specifically going to live at AOP for 2 weeks, and be close to Windrock prior to that for a month. We can link up if you want.

I get that, but this was specifically just a get together, wheeling was a bonus and most folks don’t even bring a rig. You’d be sorely disappointed to drag your buggy to Uwharrie anyway. If you wanna wheel, plan a wheeling trip. If you wanna hang out with awesome folks you don’t get to see often, make the trip.

Now if you do want to wheel, I’ll be living in TN soon enough, specifically going to live at AOP for 2 weeks, and be close to Windrock prior to that for a month. We can link up if you want.
The first part of the response is the most important and it pains me to admit that I don’t even have a rig right now but just getting to meet a bunch of people face-to-face and hang out and talk life was an amazing chance last year. Based on your thread and the buggy that you have it would be a complete waste of your money and time to drag it to Uhwarrie. If, for anything else but to embarrass a whole lot of people and waste your money. If you want to show up and meet some of us ass hats and just hang out, eat great food and have a good time? That’s a different scenario altogether and the purpose of this whole adventure of the “Get Together”. I for one would love to meet you and hear how you came from where you were to where you are if you tolerate my story too lol.

Be even better everything I have is tore up

The first part of the response is the most important and it pains me to admit that I don’t even have a rig right now but just getting to meet a bunch of people face-to-face and hang out and talk life was an amazing chance last year. Based on your thread and the buggy that you have it would be a complete waste of your money and time to drag it to Uhwarrie. If, for anything else but to embarrass a whole lot of people and waste your money. If you want to show up and meet some of us ass hats and just hang out, eat great food and have a good time? That’s a different scenario altogether and the purpose of this whole adventure of the “Get Together”. I for one would love to meet you and hear how you came from where you were to where you are if you tolerate my story too lol.
Nailed it.

You know I'm 30mn from AOP, right?
I'd be disappointed if you don't reach out when you're there. And if you need tools / help, my shop is your shop.

I'm pretty sure we met already. Isn't that you and your wife right next to me ?

IMG-5060.jpg

It's just hard to feed the 8.1 and drive 14h in a weekend just to hang out. I know it makes me sounds like a massive a-hole, but I'm already not wheeling enough as is, so if I have a free weekend, I'd like to dedicate it to that activity. Plenty of time to hang out around the campfire and swap stories during the evening or after my rig is broken.

It's just hard to feed the 8.1 and drive 14h in a weekend just to hang out. I know it makes me sounds like a massive a-hole, but I'm already not wheeling enough as is, so if I have a free weekend, I'd like to dedicate it to that activity. Plenty of time to hang out around the campfire and swap stories during the evening or after my rig is broken.

I don't believe anyone would think you an asshole for this perspective. I certainly don't. Gas is expensive and time is precious. I will say though that hanging out with this group of people is worth the trip (maybe not in an 8.1 GM, but definitely in a Honda:flipoff2:). The mild wheeling, even by my lowly rig's standards, was just a bonus.

Duane

Back