Yeti wins against Rtic

Meh, I bought a freezer cooler last year and called it done. 12V power keeps it going, no ice and I can stack warm crap in there and chill it down. Will not make a float down a river though, I'll give you that!

Love my yeti but there is no way in hell I'd spend my hard earned $$$ on one. Mine was a freebie from rewards points from work and honestly the only thing in the catalogs that I'd use. For the different in price of a good cooler around $50 and the average $400 yeti I'd take the Walmart cooler any day if I'm buying.

Don't forget most state and national parks are starting to require bear proof containers for food. Yeti and a couple others (maybe) are rated as such. ;)

Don't forget most state and national parks are starting to require bear proof containers for food. Yeti and a couple others (maybe) are rated as such. ;)
This is the main reason I've looked into getting one. But from camping with friends with them most ranger still don't care that it's bear proof and want to give a ticket for having it out

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Just to clarify about the yeti stickers...

I have zero stickers installed anywhere nor do I own any yeti (or costa) shirts, hats, etc. I just like the coolers and how they perform, I don't care about being one of the cool kids with all the stickers with matching hats and shirts. ;)

Although I did just buy some NC4x4 vinyl....

Shoot..... sell them things to the cool kids for $20 a sticker... recoup some of the cost lol

They're only bear-proof if you put two padlocks on them.

And IME, it's not "most" anything -- bear rules on the east coast are extremely inconsistent, and often contradictory from one area to the next. The only constant is that if you break the rules, you're liable.

But from camping with friends with them most ranger still don't care that it's bear proof and want to give a ticket for having it out

It's a revenue stream, same as any other.

Was hanging out in Walmart for a while getting some tires mounted yesterday and wandered over to the camping section. Ended up snagging a blue powder coated Ozark TRETI tumbler for my wife.

4bdcaa4a9b824ea9ce53e5f335e36016.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never thought I'd pony up for a yeti. I was one of those I'll buy a million bags of ice for that price kinda guys. I bought one before a long camping trip and love it. I work in construction and leave it in the back of my truck during the summer. Fill it up with ice on mondays drinks stay cold all week. Much better than going to the store every couple hours to get a $2 water or $3 Gatorade.

Weird how I buy a higher priced couch that gets used by multiple people daily and people lose their shit...but lay out a couple hundred on a limited use cooler, no one bats an eye...even endorse it.

I was just thinking, $199 for a cooler is still pretty pricey, but when has their shit ever been $400

Back