What have you done for your health today?

Hiked all weekend in the high country this weekend. Decided to join my local gym and begin early AM workouts 3 days a week.
Screenshot_20190303-190320.png

Last edited:
Not today, but just home from the hospital last night. I had my sigmoid colon removed late Wednesday night. I am hopeful that it makes my health a lot better. I feel like I have been ran over by a bus so it better make me healthier in the long run.

Stating Weight -318.2 (12/27)
Last Week - 285.4
This week - 282.4
Total loss: 35.8 lbs

Weekly weigh in.
Still chugging along this path to...something.
Diet is starting to get harder for some reason. Last week cravings and hunger have been a bitch. Found myself not just wanting to bored eat, but physically hungry most every day before dinner time. For now its nothing that will power cant handle...but its interesting (to me) that now my body is screaming for food after being cool with the change for 2 months. Enjoyed a mini break Friday evening and had "normal" dinner with the family. Cooked up some fresh shrimp and sauteed sme mushrooms, broccoli, carrots, zucchini and onions and had a very small service of brown natural rice. Even had a bite of ice cream with my daughter.

That's two weeks in a row with a "cheat day" interesting that my weight loss has not onyl maintained but actually maybe picked up a tad in doing so, and also combined with the aforementioned cravings wondering if it isnt a hormonal/metabolic response.

Anyway enough rambling work calls. Good luck to all the others chasing....something

Today's workout was more of the strict 60 second rest between sets. 8-10 sets of flat dumbbell bench, 8-10 sets of flys in the machine, 8 sets of tricep pull down with the double rope, 8 sets of skull crushers with the EZ curl bar.

Today's workout was 20 minutes on the incline treadmill, 4 sets of leg extensions, 4 sets of leg curls, and 4 sets in the leg press.

Finally got on the treadmill yesterday. It begins.

Volleyball practice with a bunch of 6th graders was painful the next day. Time to get the kinks worked out. Can’t let a bunch of kids show me up. Lol

8 of us ran with F3 this morning.

47610037-493A-4107-9A60-1091235D8DF0.jpeg

Then 6 of us got a rucking workout this evening. First one of those for me. We carried utility poles, did squats with the poles, and all kind of of terrible ideas. Let’s do it again!
B0120773-FC0C-4307-89FA-64A10678F3F8.jpeg

8 of us ran with F3 this morning.

Then 6 of us got a rucking workout this evening. First one of those for me. We carried utility poles, did squats with the poles, and all kind of of terrible ideas. Let’s do it again!

Did you pick up one of those Gorucks or just using a regular one?

Did you pick up one of those Gorucks or just using a regular one?
I just have a regular backpack that has a pocket inside to hold a laptop and has a strap that goes across your chest. For the weight I added a couple of thick engineering textbooks from when I was in college. I don’t want to put any money into it until I’ve tried it a few times and decide I’ll do it regularly. Although seeing those other guys packs, I definitely see some benefits of at least getting a “tactical” pack for around $40-$50 if you don’t want to spend hundreds on a goruck pack.

I just have a regular backpack that has a pocket inside to hold a laptop and has a strap that goes across your chest. For the weight I added a couple of thick engineering textbooks from when I was in college. I don’t want to put any money into it until I’ve tried it a few times and decide I’ll do it regularly. Although seeing those other guys packs, I definitely see some benefits of at least getting a “tactical” pack for around $40-$50 if you don’t want to spend hundreds on a goruck pack.

Their spring clearance sale combined with the Feb coupon had me tempted but I’ve got packs out the ying yang around here. I think I’ll try it with my old camelbak motherlode. Should hold up fine while I decide if it’s something I want to continue doing.

Today's workout was 8 sets of chin-ups with 60-90 seconds between sets, 8 sets of dumbbell rows with 60 seconds between sets, 6 sets of hammer curls using the double rope with 60 seconds between sets, and 6 sets of bicep curls using the EZ curl bar with 60 seconds between sets.

Today's workout was 8 sets of chin-ups with 60-90 seconds between sets, 8 sets of dumbbell rows with 60 seconds between sets, 6 sets of hammer curls using the double rope with 60 seconds between sets, and 6 sets of bicep curls using the EZ curl bar with 60 seconds between sets.
So what is a set? Because for me, 8 "sets" of chinups would be to set myself in front of the rack, grab the bar, pull 3/4 way up once while shaking really bad, say "damn, I'm heavy" and then set my ass back down.

So what is a set? Because for me, 8 "sets" of chinups would be to set myself in front of the rack, grab the bar, pull 3/4 way up once while shaking really bad, say "damn, I'm heavy" and then set my ass back down.

A set is a number of repetitions (reps) of the movement. A set could be 2 or 12 repetitions depending on what you are doing. For example, 1 rep for a chin-up is starting at a dead hang, up to the top, and back down to the bottom. For a bicep curl, 1 rep would be starting with the weight down by your side or in front of you and bringing it up all the way, then lowering all the way back down.

A set is a number of repetitions (reps) of the movement. A set could be 2 or 12 repetitions depending on what you are doing. For example, 1 rep for a chin-up is starting at a dead hang, up to the top, and back down to the bottom. For a bicep curl, 1 rep would be starting with the weight down by your side or in front of you and bringing it up all the way, then lowering all the way back down.
Thank you for the explanation but what I was really asking is how many reps are in your sets? Specifically chinups. I'm trying to figure out just how much of a beast you are.

Somehow I wrecked my lower back last week. It may have been from loading and unloading Jasper, the 100# dead weight malamute on our hiking trip last weekend. Chiropractor found the culprit and I'm stretching my back multiple times daily to help it heal
Day 3 of after work gym time. Each day is 30-40 minutes of cardio with varying muscle groups each day
Today was chest day. First one in like 7 years. Eeek!
Keeping my diet clean without looking at a scale or anything

Back