What have you done for your health today?

. Took a tumble off a piece of equipment last week and fell about 15 feet to the ground with numerous abrupt stops and deflections along the way. Little stiff and bruised so not much in the way of working out. Sucks getting old.

Is that like falling out of the ugly tree and hitting every branch on the way down?

Too soon?

Glad you didn't die!

Is that like falling out of the ugly tree and hitting every branch on the way down?

Too soon?

Glad you didn't die!

Lol the ugly tree jumped away from me.

I wish I had a video. It was a slow fit slip with nothing in grab range....and as I slipped I was able to grab something...entirely inadequate to support me and it gave and I slipped landed on y butt, kinda piroietted and tumbled..onto my feet but off balance and fell again. None of the impaacts were hard and i was laughing when I hit the ground...though a tad embarrased as well.

Climbed back up and finished the job.

The next morning...it wasn't nearly as funny.

Wife got me drinking some Kombachu tea or something along those lines. Tastes like two festered assholes (actually not bad a bunch of ginger added), but I think it makes me feel better. Sugar content is a bit high, but considering what's been cut out, I'll let it ride.

I had the lead for the F3 Dawghouse run this morning. So I decided to do something a little different. I challenged some ruckers to come out and we had a Runners Vs Ruckers scavenger hunt. I gave each team a map with waypoints on it. You had to take a team selfie at each waypoint and post the pic to our Slack channel (app we use to communciate) and get back within the allotted time. The ruck course was 3 miles long and the run course was 5 miles long.

On top of that, it was the first time I’ve done a run and average pace was sub-9 minutes per mile! I’ve been excited about that all day!

You can read more about the fun and excitement here:
Runners vs Ruckers scavenger hunt – F3 MeCa

Today I did 20 minutes on the incline treadmill followed by 8 sets of leg press.

Today's workout was 10 sets of flat barbell bench, 8 sets of OHP in the machine, 6-8 sets of flys in the machine, and 6 sets of tricep pull downs with the double rope.

Yesterday's strength piece was a set of 5x3 strict press. Then straight into a 10min AMRAP of 7 pullups, 20 double unders, 50ft shuttle sprint. My arms were spaghetti after the 7th round.

Thursdays are our gym's active recovery days where we focus on mobility on just moving and sweating for 20 mins. So thats what today's workout will be. 19.4 comes out tonight and we will have heats at the gym tomorrow night. Should be interesting to see what comes out...

Damndest thing happened yesterday...after a couple weeks of clean eating, I worked late, wife and kids were at church. Old mentality crept in...yeehaw, Imma pig out. Started thinking about what I could pick up or get delivered...my stomach started doing that feeling where you think you might throw up...and the thoughts of fast food/pizza were soon gone. Went home, grilled up a chicken breast with some pepper jack and made a smoothie.

Today's workout was 20 minutes on the elliptical followed by 6 sets of bulgarian split squats.

Screenshot_2019-03-14-23-29-02.png

I quit drinking and started dieting and walking 3-4 miles a day back in September. I did this up until right before Christmas and had good results. Due to a back surgery in 2017 I am not advised to do much more than walk for a while until the nerves heal completely. Anyway, I got caught up with moving and holidays and other crap and stopped dieting/walking as much. Gained back all the weight I lost. Monday I started back on dieting and walking every night. I have 21 miles in the last 5 days and plan to keep it up. Once I can get this going for a few months I am going to spend the money and meet with a Kenisioligist (No idea how to spell it) about personal training, my right arm is a mangled mess from a dog attack as a kid, and I need someone who really knows there shit to help me get into lifting and working out as a whole safely. So yeah here's to a fresh start and a better 2019. I turn 30 in 2 weeks and its time for healthy changes.

Today's workout was 8 sets of chin-ups, 8 sets of dumbbell rows, 8 sets of overhand rows in the machine, and 8 sets of bicep curls in the machine.

Today is 19.4. 12 min time cap. 3 rounds of 10 snatches at 95lbs and 12 bar facing burpees. Rest 3 mins. Then 3 rounds of 10 Bar muscle ups and 12 bar facing burpees. This is gonna hurt. I recently just learned BMU so hopefully I can nail a couple.

Installed the Google Fit app on my phone, on a friend's recommendation. Mostly out of curiosity to find out how much I typically walk. I think a lot, just traversing the property and going to pick up kids from school, but we've also started back walking the dogs. I'll let y'all know what I find out. :lol:

Yesterday’s F3 workout consisted of a crap ton of shoulder and upper body work; pushups, burpees, partner wheelbarrows, bear crawls. To make sure we didn’t just do upper body, we ran 1/2 mile to get to where we did that and of course had to run back.

Today several of us that are doing the Spartan race in 3 weeks did some training. Spear throw, rope climb, and carrying heavy buckets. My shoulders and arms are shot now.

Rode a MTB today....my son, and this Dave guy who makes prop shafts for vehicles,and his wife led the way.

Had a blast finding out how out of shape I am. Didn't over do it. This is my tendency. Looking forward to doing it again. Great day to be outside.

Stating Weight -318.2 (12/27)
Last Week - 281.2
This week -278.0
Total loss: 40.2 lbs

This past week was crazy. Had one hectic day (Tuesday) where I forgot to eat until like 6pm. That sounds crazy, and crazier coming from me. But I had an early AM meeting and didnt want to eat prior, then ran from that meeting to a new found crisis. Then got call about a real estate deal Ive been trying to put together for a year and finally about 5:15 I took a deep breath and said Shit I aint ate today. 2.2 of my 3.2 lbs lost this week were that day. Makes me wonder if I shouldnt experiment with intermittent fasting some.

Ive mentioned before about the mental side of this starting to feel like a grind. Maybe this is a mental thing but I felt like I was slowing progress and not staying on track. Did a little data crunching this AM and turns out that's just mental not reality.
My goal when I started this was:
Under 300lbs by 2/1/19 and then lose 10lbs a month. Ive been slightly ahead of schedule. every month.
I hit my Feb 1 goal on /18
I hit my March 1 goal on 2/21
And now April 1 goal on 3/16
At this pace I should be right on track to hit 230lbs by 9/1.

So we will keep on chugging (or not chugging beer) along.

Stating Weight -318.2 (12/27)
Last Week - 281.2
This week -278.0
Total loss: 40.2 lbs

This past week was crazy. Had one hectic day (Tuesday) where I forgot to eat until like 6pm. That sounds crazy, and crazier coming from me. But I had an early AM meeting and didnt want to eat prior, then ran from that meeting to a new found crisis. Then got call about a real estate deal Ive been trying to put together for a year and finally about 5:15 I took a deep breath and said Shit I aint ate today. 2.2 of my 3.2 lbs lost this week were that day. Makes me wonder if I shouldnt experiment with intermittent fasting some.

Ive mentioned before about the mental side of this starting to feel like a grind. Maybe this is a mental thing but I felt like I was slowing progress and not staying on track. Did a little data crunching this AM and turns out that's just mental not reality.
My goal when I started this was:
Under 300lbs by 2/1/19 and then lose 10lbs a month. Ive been slightly ahead of schedule. every month.
I hit my Feb 1 goal on /18
I hit my March 1 goal on 2/21
And now April 1 goal on 3/16
At this pace I should be right on track to hit 230lbs by 9/1.

So we will keep on chugging (or not chugging beer) along.
At the rate you and I are going, we will weigh the same by the day after Thanksgiving.

Starting weight 227.6, today I was at 209.6. Been off and on for the last week and half on eating right and had quite a few beers over the weekend. Im glad that I didn't balloon up. Today's workout consists of a team of four working at 450 cals on the assault bike and 150 clean and jerks at 95lbs at 45 sec intervals. I'm coaching tonight so it looks like I have to this by myself. I'll drop it down to 115 Cals and 40 clean and jerks. Should be terrible.

Today's workout was 8 sets of incline dumbbells, 5 sets of dips, 5 sets of decline dumbbells, 5 sets of skull crushers with the EZ curl bar, and 5 sets of french press with a dumbbell.

Yesterday I ran my chainsaw for about an hour cutting a trail.

Went tubing and skiing over the weekend with the family. That was a workout!

Nothing Sunday but a little volleyball with kid. Was too sore to do much. Lol

Today was 3.2 miles with a mile of jogging and the rest a 4mph walk.

Not much, but better than nothing.

Back