URE 4x4 cross pics and vids thread

is there a part 3?
Sorry no part three. I didn't shoot every vehicle... I did have to work guys. But damn you guys are rockin on those vids over at the ledge and kodak. Nice job! Perhaps next time I can get stationed up there as a Vol.... ahem cough cough ahem listening Dylan ahem cough cough :) :)
Ive got most all of Saturday's stuff on video. I may have missed a couple tho. Enjoy
1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G-aHnby7IQ
2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmSNnx1oL8w
3) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57oDUbGR-Qw
Those are awesome, I especially like that dude just going straight OVER Kodak (or is that budweiser).
NICE JOB GUYS!
Now if someone had some time and effort we could segment pieces of these videos together into each Racers own little race video. Ideas for next time... maybe?
aah what a dream. like Nascar cameras at every turn. ha ha ha

^^^^That could happen.The racers come by every so often, not in rapid succesion, so folks could get the ducks in a row and figure out a way to film each racer in a sequence.Probably wont happen, but it would be cool.

I really think the dash cam vids are cool.

We actually had a film crew out there... Custom Built Videos filmed the race and is in the process of putting together a video. They had some crazy camera angles! it should be sweet.

Few pix from URE Stables

I lost my camera but here are a few pics my niece took. The guy in the yellow Jeep was on a mission to break parts. And he did.

Attachments

• random 098.jpg
    random 098.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 357
  • random 033.jpg
    random 033.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 368
  • random 024.jpg
    random 024.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 339
Few more pix

X

Attachments

• random 001.jpg
    random 001.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 302
  • random 018.jpg
    random 018.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 339
  • random 086.jpg
    random 086.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 321
I know the yellow TJ, he was a customer at the dealership I work for in Fayetteville.

we have more A class vids --some the same but different angles and other rigs,I'll link them when(if) :shaking:they ever get uploaded.

$30 XJ in-dash video

Ok finally got some time to upload this behemouth to YouTube.

We had a digital video mounted IN the dash... link goes to the whole trip!

*Disclaimer* - No editing or anything. Please excuse profanity.
We were signed up for 2 runs. This was the first, so I was taking it a little easy.
About 2/3 of the way through, you can hear the engine really revving, transmission slipping. By the end, no power. Lost fluid. Grrrr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a72Y-eeZYeA
hate crappy YouTube quality.

favorite line over the radio, "$30 XJ Bleeding past 4" hahaha

Did he ever figure out what he broke? Let me rephrase that, did he ever realize he broke something? It was funny watching him on the rockpile in front wheel drive :lol:
I don't know he hasn't been into the dealership this week yet, that I know of.

you needed a low range and better aproach and departure angles, next year take the body off and run it on a jeep frame:beer:

everyone talkinn smack about my subaru?
she did ok for a car.
Exactly how far in the course did you get? Next time bring an AWD neon.:flipoff2: I'll give you this, it did take a decent size sack to run that course at speed in a vehicle that low to the ground. Note, I didn't say common sense, I said sack.

hey that subaru has 14" clearance. no low range does suck. the rear end was open too so that was a problem but thats fixed now. we had a problem with the shifter when we got stuck. thats one of the reasons it took so long. but it did make it through the course and it wasnt the worst time. and for 700$ and still drivable not bad. if they do it again next year we will be there. and our time will be much better.

I was just going to chime in that the Subaru finished the course in just under 15 minutes. He was second slowest of the finishers in A but he was no DNF.

When we did tech on the thing you would not believe how much down travel that suspension has. We almost ran out of jack. Some strut spacers and maybe larger tires may be just the ticket to get the belly out of the rocks.

That thing was a blast to watch.

Back