URE 4x4 cross pics and vids thread

Ok finally got some time to upload this behemouth to YouTube.
We had a digital video mounted IN the dash... link goes to the whole trip!
*Disclaimer* - No editing or anything. Please excuse profanity.
We were signed up for 2 runs. This was the first, so I was taking it a little easy.
About 2/3 of the way through, you can hear the engine really revving, transmission slipping. By the end, no power. Lost fluid. Grrrr.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a72Y-eeZYeA
hate crappy YouTube quality.
favorite line over the radio, "$30 XJ Bleeding past 4" hahaha

3:39
Driver: where am I going?
Spotter: I dunno, just go
:lol:

3:39
Driver: where am I going?
Spotter: I dunno, just go
:lol:

Classic stuff there. Suprisingly, we were covering terrain I had never traversed. I'm always wheeling a stock Sammi in the forest, so if I did any of RML, I always approached Kodak from the top. I had never seen the ledge! I know, pretty sad. No prerun, we just went for it. If we had gotten our second attempt, you would have heard a lot more screaming "GO, GO, GO!"

Classic stuff there. Suprisingly, we were covering terrain I had never traversed. I'm always wheeling a stock Sammi in the forest, so if I did any of RML, I always approached Kodak from the top. I had never seen the ledge! I know, pretty sad. No prerun, we just went for it. If we had gotten our second attempt, you would have heard a lot more screaming "GO, GO, GO!"

Yeah, somewhere around minute 6 I was thinking... "Gee, some spotter..." hahaha

I also liked,
"(mumble over radio)"
Dave - "What was that?"
Mark - "Don't worry about it, just drive!".

Yeah I as chucklin a little during the video too.
Truth be told, you guys did Finish the race and imagine how much better you would have done if you knew the course.
I have some pics here from my Uwharrie 4x4cross gallery
I'll post a few pics to add to the 'carnage' thread too.
alh3.ggpht.com_lorenzo816_SC81FPkTYAI_AAAAAAAACSk_E5kVIYkvXXk_s800_DSC00988.JPG

alh3.ggpht.com_lorenzo816_SC81FPkTYBI_AAAAAAAACSs_b4lgAyg4MQE_s800_DSC00989.JPG

alh4.ggpht.com_lorenzo816_SC82ZfkTYLI_AAAAAAAACT8_vmjTql6qqRY_s800_DSC03464.JPG

alh6.ggpht.com_lorenzo816_SC85T_kTYbI_AAAAAAAACWM_SGXtNGVH4sQ_s800_DSC03452.JPG

alh6.ggpht.com_lorenzo816_SC81q_kTYHI_AAAAAAAACTc__BgbWE70N1U_s800_DSC01004.JPG

alh3.ggpht.com_lorenzo816_SC82ZPkTYJI_AAAAAAAACTs_hPJ8LJLyhzc_s800_DSC01006.JPG

hey that subaru has 14" clearance. no low range does suck. the rear end was open too so that was a problem but thats fixed now. we had a problem with the shifter when we got stuck. thats one of the reasons it took so long. but it did make it through the course and it wasnt the worst time. and for 700$ and still drivable not bad. if they do it again next year we will be there. and our time will be much better.

Hell, that truck is AWSOME! It was the first one to catch my eye when I rolled in Thursday evening! It's a good start. Not my vehicle of choice but props for working with what ya got. I prolly had more fun in the Subaru that weekend than in the Scout.....wait...well, maybe.:driver:

Sean

Well today we got the rear end welded up. Shouldt get stuck on the rocks next time. Wainting on some springs to bring the rear end up another 2". That big ole jump at the beginning bent the left front strut bad, but we got that issue under control, might just try again next year. try to get under 9 minutes.

I hate i missed being there for all that , great pics and videos, hope they have it next year.

you dont have to wait til next year

I was told that they will have another race under the same or similar format in October to be called "creepy crawler". Galen, my name is Tripp with the tan yj from Raleigh, we talked at the race while we waited to race. Everyone coming to the October event? cant wait!

WTF?!!! Creepy Crawler?!!

eeeeeh?
Well you certainly couldn't tell from the AW website. It's suckin' in the info department right now
http://www.americanwheeler.com/

not exactly confidence inspiring with the web site, but I'm ready to do it again, I think it would be cool if some local clubs put it on, $10 entry fee( affordable to all), trophy's for the top guys in each class, no prize money, just braggin rights

ugh a halloween theme,people watching too much reality tv:flipoff2:

with all the events that go on at URE in october,it'll be busy

mmmmmmmmmm same course?????:driver:

we'll just have to see:popcorn:

creepy crawler

yep halloween inspired event. i was told about this by Sean from American Wheeler at the race. this was not a one time deal luckily. i had a blast. i have no idea if the course will change or not.

yeah we have those at the playground and can't fill a field...

I've been to these events and did not enter cause I thought the course was too tuff for a stocker, just would not make it, more for the buggy hardcore rigs, and the Uwharrie race was mostly stockers and milds(a and B class). Plus alot more people are familiar with rocky mountain loop than DPG

I've been to these events and did not enter cause I thought the course was too tuff for a stocker, just would not make it, more for the buggy hardcore rigs,

I disagree wholly. The DPG course was awesome as well and i ran it in a stock YJ with 33s locked. I put down a fassst time and had alot of fun. we need more event slike these and people need to MAN UP and enter their junk!

What do you guys think about a 4x4cross at Callalante?

YES! If i can get my cherokee sold, and buy a trailer to haul my junk there, i would most definitely be in, I am pretty upset that i didnt enter the last one, it looked liek too much fun. Plenty of options for differnt lines at mt. city too. I know i wil be sitting right above Easy Out, watching the big guys thrash.

I'm down, let me know what dates, so I can build another stocker, I traded the last one for a winch

Back