Random Thoughts.....

Every fluid fitting I've bought recently from my local parts stores (I shop NAPA and Advance... mostly Advance) I've had to use some sort of thread sealant to keep the fittings from leaking. Just had to use some on a CarQuest branded fuel pump.

I've always kinda figured it was one of those "I've got enough business now that I can't keep up, I don't have time to go on some wild goose chase for a single pair of axle shafts...." kinda things.

I checked with Branik, Dutchman, and Moser. I kinda stopped asking after 3 no's. They all pretty much said the same thing.

I looked into it ~5 yrs ago and got the same answer from 4-5 places. I used the same reference, and iirc they mentioned something about the forging not being the correct size to machine the surface for the set20. Welding on a set of bearing cups for the SD unit bearings is a decent option these days, but i agree its not always needed.

Welding on a set of bearing cups for the SD unit bearings is a decent option these days, but i agree its not always needed.

I like the unit bearing idea. I like it a lot, and it was initially my plan. Then I got to putting everything together in my head and it got expensive fast. 100 bucks apiece for the unit bearing pockets, 250 bucks apeice for the double splined axle shafts, 200 bucks for drive flanges....etc. With the semifloat you have a pair of 50 dollar set20 ends and 150 bucks a peice for chromoly axle shafts.

Another thing to note is you could put together a semifloat axle without a set up jig, not the best thing, but not detrimental (plus every hot rod shop and circle track shop has a semifloat 9" jig). The full float shafts can't take side loading so HAVE to be set up with a jig.

What if politicians actually did this??? With as active as Trump is on social media...I don’t see why he couldn’t find video clips of liberal darlings saying things he supports...then watch the oppositions heads explode.

FB693F4C-1239-46BF-93B7-DD1443086A5A.png

I like to ride my cheap lawn mower around the yard then go drive my Jeep. It makes it feel like it rides a lot better than it actually does :D

Its actually the opposite for me.

I dread driving my dd bmw because after driving it, my jeep drives even shittier than I remember.....

If you are able to piss me off badly enough to turn and walk away while you are talking, congratulations.....

That is about 3 levels of stupidity above what would normally justify a sucker punch to the ear.....

If you are able to piss me off badly enough to turn and walk away while you are talking, congratulations.....

That is about 3 levels of stupidity above what would normally justify a sucker punch to the ear.....
eh. I had a dude piss be off over not coming to pick a car up after aggravating me over it. I didn't say anything and hadn't told him his total.. so it doubled, though honestly I've got enough time in it to justify making it quintupled. . But I agree, if you make me walk away, you deserve an award for me walking away instead of you not walking away.

Do lesbian mma fighters get aroused while they're smelling each others in a clench?
Only after they spray on some perfume called "eau de man".

It is very dry around my house. I think the last rain we got was about three weeks ago and it was only 1/2". The random thunderstorms seem to keep missing us.

There is some level of ingredient put in Bang energy drinks that is no joke.

I'll slam a few cups of coffee, chase it with a Mt dew and go straight to sleep.... But this is borderline showing up to work high.

I wish I could be just as excited and happy for some thing so simple, as my dog is about getting the same food for every meal for over 6 years now.
I am absolutely convinced that God sent us dogs as an example of how we are to live. Except chihuahuas. Them buggers come straight from the gates of Hell.

It is very dry around my house. I think the last rain we got was about three weeks ago and it was only 1/2". The random thunderstorms seem to keep missing us.
I think that rain you've been wishing for is here

Received a bottle of Redneck Riviera Whiskey for my Birthday from the in laws. Not a whiskey drinker and wonder if anyone has had it and how it compares to anything of quality?

What's the best therapy for being broke?

Spend an hour browsing Amazon.

You'll still be broke, but at least you'll know why you are. ;)

Back