Random Thoughts.....

Dunno, I rarely ever do anything in Portland, I just go to a lot of the surrounding area. I know there are a lot of highly regarded restaurants and coffee shops there though, most of which I've never been to. :D

If you like really pretty outdoor stuff, go to Cape Elizabeth and visit Two Lights State Park. The Lobster Shack (on the rocks nearby) is decent, but a little pricey ($20 lobster roll, etc). Two Lights is about 5 miles away from Portland. We always go there at least once to play around on the rocks and look at the ocean.

@XJsavage , if you deem @Fabrik8 worthy, i shall invite him.

I'd approve...whatever that's worth

I'm ready for the fall.

Me too. Let the Boogaloo begin!!!!:rockon: :sniper::sniper::sniper:Burn this motha fu...... oh...wait...you mean the SEASON....

umm yeah

Nevermind :huggy:

Why am I over here doing price list to sell my JKR axles and finish building the 1 tons for the JK to go ahead and linking it with coolovers..... I haven’t even started the boat sides on the k5. Lol

Why am I over here doing price list to sell my JKR axles and finish building the 1 tons for the JK to go ahead and linking it with coolovers..... I haven’t even started the boat sides on the k5. Lol

I keep a google drive spreadsheet for random shit I want to do my Jeep. Has multiple different axles, like fab 9's, steering 14 bolts, and other random shit that is out of reach. Although a steering 14 bolt sound like a fun project.

@RatLabGuy how do thoughts work? And why are some people's broken?

1563196324374784672433.jpg
Tell me about it! It's only 9 am.
Screw fall, I'd take full blown winter -like 20 degree with 20mph winds right now and be happy as a lark.... DAMN I'M TIRED OF SWEATING!

Screw fall, I'd take full blown winter - like 20 degrees with 20mph winds right now and be happy as a lark.... DAMN I'M TIRED OF SWEATING!
Absofreakinlutely!!!

Why a SF 60?

I was just stating that somebody makes an axle shaft with a flange big enough for 8 lugs.

The reason is I was looking for a 35 spline semifloat axle shaft for a set 20 bearing 9". It would make a 9" front axle significantly cheaper being able to run the factory bolt pattern hubs (8x6.5 or 8x170).

Not everyone needs a full float rear axle. I think a semifloat is plenty for a light weight rig (3000lb and under).

Why a SF 60?
Like ^ said, weight and simplicity. FF is great for carrying more weight, but also more complex and heavier. FF also makes it easier to swap out a broken shaft and puts less load on the carrier bearings.

I was just stating that somebody makes an axle shaft with a flange big enough for 8 lugs.

The reason is I was looking for a 35 spline semifloat axle shaft for a set 20 bearing 9". It would make a 9" front axle significantly cheaper being able to run the factory bolt pattern hubs (8x6.5 or 8x170).

Not everyone needs a full float rear axle. I think a semifloat is plenty for a light weight rig (3000lb and under).

Ah, gotcha. Out of curiosity who all did you check with?

Translation: we don't want to pay the development costs for a new forging.

I've always kinda figured it was one of those "I've got enough business now that I can't keep up, I don't have time to go on some wild goose chase for a single pair of axle shafts...." kinda things.

Ah, gotcha. Out of curiosity who all did you check with?

I checked with Branik, Dutchman, and Moser. I kinda stopped asking after 3 no's. They all pretty much said the same thing.

Back