Pre-Season Uwharrie Trail Work day #11,March 26th 2011

Will You Be Attending?

• YES

Votes: 21 84.0%
  • NO

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
I can make this one but not going to have my off road vehicle with me so I need a ride on the trail. Hope for a good weather day out there as well.

There are always open seats. Looking forward to you making it out.

We will be there rain/sleet/snow/sunshine etc. It looks like it will be sunny all the way until we start working around 10am. Then its a 60 percent chance all the way until we usually stop working around 3/4pm and the percent chance drops to 50, then 40, etc.

But don't give up on the hope for it not to rain. It can call for rain out at Uwharrie and we won't get a drop on Falls Dam, and it might downpour on Daniel. Just bring a hooded rain jacket and boots just in case. Or be like me and just wear boots all the time anyway. :lol::driver:

Just out of curiosity who all that bought NATO Jerry Cans during the group buy(s) will be picking up their can/siphons at the work day?

just in case i get lost,only second time being there can i get one or two numbers text to me...919 255 5125...ive got an extra cheapo poncho and my sheep shaggers ready lol

I am not amazing with directions, especially since I am used to coming from a different direction, but I can help if you need, my name is Eric, 33six 43zero 784two

My entire group has decided to back out because of the weather, as long as I don't run into any problems with the truck in the morning I will be leaving at 7 am from Clemmons.
Damn thing overheated yesterday but I believe I have fixxed the leak this morning.

Looks like 80% chance of showers tomorrow with a high around 53. "Showers" at URE can mean many things. Usually it's raining one place, but not another. We may get lucky. I hope we have plenty of people to show up. If not then ahh well, we will get as much as we can done.

Bobcat is loaded and ready.

IMG_0697.jpg

I will be riding up with USMCJeeper on the board, TheDSK will be coming with us also, maybe I can convince a few more tonight, we are going to a Club Dinner at the local wing place. 3 is better than 1 though so already doing alot better.

Don't be askeered of a lil rain fellers. Let's get this guardrail knocked out and stuff ready for the opening on the First! WHOOOO!:driver:

Cltdba I'm bringin yer post hole digger.

Looks like 80% chance of showers tomorrow with a high around 53. "Showers" at URE can mean many things. Usually it's raining one place, but not another. We may get lucky. I hope we have plenty of people to show up. If not then ahh well, we will get as much as we can done.

Bobcat is loaded and ready.

View attachment 35404

sweet:driver:ive got 2 shovels,pick,and a sledge...my hands dont fit post hole diggers:flipoff2:

The War Wagon is loaded, fluids topped off, and new electric fuel pump installed. Just wish I had time run by Pull-a-Part to get a front drive shaft, mine looks like a recurve bow.

Can't swim. Stayin' home.

Hopefully the rain won't make it to what ever trail we end up. I remember one work day last year they were calling for rain and it didn't rain until after we were done with the work day. Only a few people showed up because most canceled but we still had a good time working out on the trails. We still start sounding like the post office...

"Rain, Sleet, or Snow, To Uwharrie we will go." :beer:

Weather upgraded to "rain" from showers. heheh Gonna be fun!

Actually the hour by hour forecast is looking better. It was 50%-60% chance from 10am-4pm before with "showers" listed. Now from 10am-1pm its 30% with "few showers" listed. Then 1pm-3pm its 40% with "showers" listed, and beyond that 50%. So a good scenario would be it doesn't really rain until we are done.

Where are you looking at? Oh well, doesn't matter. I'm coming either way!

Headed to bed so I can get up early enough. See y'all at the hunt camp @ 9am!

Best wheeling trip I ever has a workday at Uwharrie when the bottom dropped out while we were working on Dutch John. Going down the hill climb was like being on a log ride, you had no control. Lucky for me I had hay bales on the roof and at the bottom of the hill I hit a big bump and a hay bale came off the roof, bounced off the hood, then wedged under front axle. This brought me to a smooth stop allowing me to tell everyone that I planned it that way. LOL

Don't worry about sending any money for the Bobcat. We ended up getting enough donations to cover the cost and replace the fuel. Big thanks to everyone who donated!

We got tons of work done today. I'll leave the write-up and pictures to Eli.

I didn't get any pictures, but I will probably post a write up tomorrow after work in the "March 26th" thread that JC started. Just to keep all the post work day stuff in the same area. I didn't get out of there until 6:30pm, and it didn't start raining till around 6pm. It drizzled once after we finished working for maybe 5 minutes, but that was it otherwise. We were able to get all 12 (or was it 13) sections of guard rail that we had up no problem. More details to come in the other thread tomorrow. Right now I am going back to sleep. :beer:

hey guys sooooooo sorry for not making this one as i was so excited to help out!!! Hey Chris i got your phone call after I FINALLY found my phone anyways had some stuff come up last minute and had to change all kinds of plans hope you guys got alot done and once again sorry I had to dip out!

Repost so everyone on here can see the pictures too...IT was one super productive workday, and here's some pictures I got from the workday. The work went so smoothly it was hard to keep pace with the pictures, but I tried to keep up with it best I could.
ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0785.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0784.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0783.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0782.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0781.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0780.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0779.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0778.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0777.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0776.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0775.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0774.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0773.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0772.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0771.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0770.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0769.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0768.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0767.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0766.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0765.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0763.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0762.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0761.jpg

ai1233.photobucket.com_albums_ff389_ExpoXJ__0785.jpg

sorry i didnt make it guys, didnt get my jeep back together till a little after 6pm saturday evening. finailly all done and doing right.
rumor has it that guard rail was put up on RML blocking the camp site off just up the little hill, this true?
just wondering cause ive camped there several times and love that little spot.

^^^ Not sure about RML, but the sections we blocked off on Falls Dam have been used for camping. It seems they are starting to block off a lot of the camp sites or at least blocking you from driving into the campsites. You can of course still camp there, just need to leave your rig on the side of trail out of the way.

well looks like yall got alot done and had plenty of help looks good guys!

Back