Mcgreggor vs Mayweather

Don't regret the $99 investment to watch the fight or the G on Money...was a good night

Isn't that always Mayweathers strategy?

Scoring points, yes. But I'd venture to say scoring points is the strategy of most boxers in that weight class, and everyone's conditioning will allow them to go the distance. I would have expected to see Mayweather win the first couple rounds against another boxer. All mayweather had to do here was wait for McGregor tire himself out.

Edit...you could see the change in strategy throughout the fight. May have him the first 3 rounds. May stole some points rounds 4-6. Round 6 McG was gone, couldn't even hold his gloves up. Round 7 May turned it on. Round 10 TKO.

Last edited:
439A405500000578-0-image-a-5_1503820469851.jpg

Now I think it's only fair we have a rematch but this time in the octagon, any bets on Mayweather making it to round 2?

The difference is, McGregor was the one saying he could do what Mayweather did, and do it better, by knocking out May in 2 rounds. I don't think I've heard Mayweather say he could enter the octagon. And let's not forget May is 40, I see a lot of folks saying it was a moral victory for McG since he took it 10 rounds. The hypothetical question everyone hates, what could May have done when he was 29?

Well I'm all caught up...thanks for the thread.
Glad to see them commercials go away.

The difference is, McGregor was the one saying he could do what Mayweather did, and do it better, by knocking out May in 2 rounds. I don't think I've heard Mayweather say he could enter the octagon. And let's not forget May is 40, I see a lot of folks saying it was a moral victory for McG since he took it 10 rounds. The hypothetical question everyone hates, what could May have done when he was 29?

Not go punch for punch, that's for sure, he's never been fun to watch. That is the main issue with boxing now anyway, MMA is so much more entertaining. Mayweather is all mouth about MMA too, he's called out guys before and wouldn't step in the octagon, he never will.

Fuckin gay... good fight regardless!

5892c19365f34916466ca2c014f652ce.jpg

this is my shocked face

Well when you charge $100 for non-commercial and crazy high commercial rates, what is expected? There are so many ways to share content today, this seems like a silly thing for them to fight.
But... it's just a math problem. On one hand, they could drop the price by 4/5 and go to a $20 fee, or even just $5... but then, would they get 5x or 20x the sales? Hard to say. It all comes down to knowing that sweet spot of being right at the max $ of what the max # people are willing to pay.

I know the one live feed I was watching hit 1.8mil viewers alone.

this is my shocked face

Well when you charge $100 for non-commercial and crazy high commercial rates, what is expected? There are so many ways to share content today, this seems like a silly thing for them to fight.
But... it's just a math problem. On one hand, they could drop the price by 4/5 and go to a $20 fee, or even just $5... but then, would they get 5x or 20x the sales? Hard to say. It all comes down to knowing that sweet spot of being right at the max $ of what the max # people are willing to pay.

Here's some simple math-

- 4.6mil paying viewers @ $100= $460,000,000
- Now cut the price in half and ass(ume) you pick up half of the pirated viewership- 54.6mil paying viewers @ $50= $2,730,000,000
- Now drop it to $20 and ass(ume) you pick up 80% of the pirated viewership- 84.6mil paying viewers @ $20= $1,700,000,000
- Now drop it to $5 and ass(ume) you pick up all the pirated viewership- 104.6mil paying viewers @ $5= $523,000,000

That's a lot of assuming, but one would think somewhere between $5 and $20 would be the sweet spot. Almost everyone I know that watched the fight via pay-per-view, chipped in $10-15

That said, we live in an age where people 'cut the cord' from the typical cable company, then jailbreak a fire stick so they get more free shit. And I know in my day to day business dealings, unless I'm selling something for free and willing to hand deliver at no cost, and give the buyer a beer and a cigar, they'll look elsewhere for cheaper. But I do know if it was less than $20, I woulda paid it, so I coulda watched it on 65" instead of my phone, with no sound.

I watched it the next morning on youtube, for free, seeing only the highlights, and not wasting as much of my time on it. Since I don't have any friends, there was no need to have a big get together, and if I want to see good fights, there are plenty of chicks on internet videos. :)

I watched it the next morning on youtube, for free, seeing only the highlights, and not wasting as much of my time on it. Since I don't have any friends, there was no need to have a big get together, and if I want to see good fights, there are plenty of chicks on internet videos. :)

Uhmmm...kind sir.
I ...uhhhh...am positive you followed common etiquette, but for the life of m I am overlooking the link. Would you be so kind as to assist me?

I watched it for free at the wedding reception after party in Evarts. I did see a random dude literally swimming in dollar bills on the concrete floor.
I guess I left that out of the Cake thread.

7a0341f00a76af53356fb749d5c603c5.jpg

Back