FSJ BUILDUP STAGE III

looks good Metalhead! what else you gotta do to get this thing rolling?

oh, and i guess ill be seein you in Roanoke sometime soon for that bender:flipoff2:

well heres a little progress. i put a dash bar and a spreader bar on the main hoop for the cage and i gotta call it done till i can get another piece of tubing
rollcage21.jpg

now moving on. i have the rear axle finished. i took out two leaves to let it sit a little lower and have softer spring and i putthe spring perch mounts on top of the axle tube and now the shocks are at a 60 degree angle. is that too steep? i can change it but if thats an acceptable angle ill leave it be.

rollcage20.jpg

and i have the floor cut out for my fuelcell which should be mounted next weekend?
rollcage19.jpg

also im getting a full sheet of 18ga steel so i can rework the inner fenders and box in the fuel cell hole and i think im getting my own welder. either a hobart 187 or a hobart 210. which ever i can afford also looking for another front dana 60

bought me a lil welder tonite! its a 170 130amps a 30% duty cycle. plenty enough for me. almost done with the fuel cell mount as well.

You bought a welder... and screwed that up too.

I think Jamie was right- you should be ready for April Fools in Harlan... 2010! :flipoff2:

I hate to keep busting your bubble but front 60's do not cost a nickel or a dime. you damn dreamer!!!!!!! Hey I was wondering if you wouild like to split the cost of new seats and harness's for my jeep seeing as how it looks like youll be spending another summer riding shotgun!?????

I hate to keep busting your bubble but front 60's do not cost a nickel or a dime. you damn dreamer!!!!!!! Hey I was wondering if you wouild like to split the cost of new seats and harness's for my jeep seeing as how it looks like youll be spending another summer riding shotgun!?????

:popcorn:

No one said it, but shock angle is too much IMO needs to be more above the lower mount. You have the floor out already so some shock hoops ought tb be easily fabbed

thanks man. everybody's too busy bustin my balls to give me any feedback.. i thought they were too steep just wasnt sure. i can easily tie them in thru the floor for a better angle

No one said it, but shock angle is too much IMO needs to be more above the lower mount. You have the floor out already so some shock hoops ought tb be easily fabbed

What is your reasoning?

welp got my front 60!! its already built and all that jazz. you may have seen it on the for sale board here, but its mine now.

ai74.photobucket.com_albums_i266_gogogadgetbiker_Ryans_20Truck_Truggy008.jpg

i noticed the drivers side spring perch thats apart of the differential has been wallowed out. whats the best course of action to get that back together so the center pin bolt wont move around? should i weld it up and drill it back out or what?

just ordered my spring plates. should be ordering my twin stick shifter, all my 1410 yokes and whatever else i need to get this thing goin

ordered my steering box, gotta tap it when it comes in before i throw it on, i predict to be rolling out of the garage under its own power by march 1st.

uh oh look my jeep can roll now!!!
onallfours1.jpg

amazing. now i have to get it to move under its own power and make it stop. almost there

i really like it...keep it up

did anybody know that 3/4 inch ubolts cost 75 bucks for 4!! outrageous. also spent 100 bucks on ujoints and hardware for them.
onallfours6.jpg

I like it better tan.

I can say it looks better online than it does in person... don't they all? :poop:

just ordered my twin stick shifter and knobs. also ordered a new Nikon D80 that way if my junk aint ready i can still take pictures of everybody else :rolleyes:

Back