FSJ BUILDUP STAGE III

4x4fever

thought id throw together what im doin to my jeep to get some of the pressure off of me.

the reason this is stage 3 is because i decided to slowly build it and wheel the hell out of it, breaking everything i could in between.

heres a flashback. bought the jeep for 400 bucks and it ran
ai86.photobucket.com_albums_k105_visualinhalant_FSJ_20break_20and_20build_fsj3.jpg

pretty damn ugly. thats a 77 cheroke btw stock with a t-18 dana 20 and 44's f&r .

i decided an AAL 37's, fender trimming and lincoln locked was a good first stage. that lated three trips before i snapped front and rear shafts.

ai86.photobucket.com_albums_k105_visualinhalant_FSJ_20break_20and_20build_fsjposing2.jpg

then i discarded all that crap and put a HD44 up front with chromos and superjoints and a 60 in the rear with BJ's 6" lift with 39.5 IROKS, if you seen me wheeling this is probably how you seen me, this stage II setup lasted about 7 months before i imploded the tcase and snapped a chormoly shaft.
ai86.photobucket.com_albums_k105_visualinhalant_FSJ_20break_20and_20build_liftkitbuild5.jpg

which brings us to the current build up: STAGE III where im actually gonna do it right as much as budget will allow. so far its gonna be 360 NP435/205 60's front and rear with the rear having 35 spline chromos spooled and 5.13 gears, built by butch at http://www.fourwheelsupply.net
rancho 44044 2" lift springs sprung over up front and outboarded
stock springs with an AAL in the rear shackle flipped
with some 42" meats.

this thing is sopposed to be done by memorial day, if not ill never hear the end of it. any and all ideas and comments are welcome. more pics to follow with progress as of now the jeep looks like this
ai86.photobucket.com_albums_k105_visualinhalant_FSJ_20break_20and_20build_fsjbuildandbreak2_1.jpg

I was there when you grenaded the tcase, you were whumping it pretty good :) Really enjoyed wheeling with your group, hope to see you back out there soon!

Should be nice......between you & Noah, I'm gonna have to grab another FSJ!

Other than breakage, how did it wheel @ stage II?

I was there when you grenaded the tcase, you were whumping it pretty good :) Really enjoyed wheeling with your group, hope to see you back out there soon!

hey i hope to be back forthe southern ride. we have a great new rock garden for everyone!

Is it still sitting on those Jack stands after the wind we had this weekend? :D

haha the jeep is actually in my garage now. i bought a house between that picture and now so its not goin anywhere .

Should be nice......between you & Noah, I'm gonna have to grab another FSJ!
Other than breakage, how did it wheel @ stage II?

it wheeled great, i have little complaints. i just wanted to beef it all up and run 42's and nothing on stage II was strong enuff

i did manage to get the centerforce clutch, bellhousing and transmission installed finally.

ai86.photobucket.com_albums_k105_visualinhalant_FSJ_20break_20and_20build_fsjbreakandbuild18.jpg

it went pretty smooth and i painted the thing ford blue, dont hate
ai86.photobucket.com_albums_k105_visualinhalant_FSJ_20break_20and_20build_fsjbreakandbuild21.jpg

workin on the crossmember right now so i can install the t-case after i fix it to be twin sticked

That thing looks good! 42's will be sweet...

Metalhead,
Looking good, you've taken it a long way from stock and probly rescued it from the crusher. Do what you can in your budget and time frame. If deadlines give you motivation, then do it.

BTW, did'nt they tell you...its a jeep, you'll never be done...

problem i need to fix, the frame is cracked under the rear spring hanger on the front springs.
ai86.photobucket.com_albums_k105_visualinhalant_FSJ_20break_20and_20build_crackedframe4_1.jpg

ai86.photobucket.com_albums_k105_visualinhalant_FSJ_20break_20and_20build_crackedframe2_1.jpg

would a piece of angle on the inside welded up siffice this crack? it seems the rivets holding the shackle hanger had pulled thru. im also outboarding the springs up front for my dana 60

huge buildup to my jeep coming this weekend! whos excited
:bounce2: :bounce: Ooh Ooh I am I am :fuck-you:
I may have your rear done by sat or sunday. If you got some cash I may bring it to ya! Let me know

so funny kids. i should have your money? i havent gotten my loan yet, but if you have it done ill find a way to pay ya.

Now I am starting to think he is the crack whore, he wanted me to set up his gears and new spool when I done the spindle bore, so I cracked it open and there was no carrier or bearings, no big deal right???? But the cheap bastard bought a mini install kit so i have no bearings to reuse. What a f*%k stick.:rolleyes:

i told u i took the carrier out chump. but yeah i did forget to leave you any bearings. whoops!

Knowing this build will take at least a year to complete... can you just update this thread about once every 3 to 5 months??? :flipoff2:

thanks for all the support im getting pricks.

made a little bit of progress this weekend. took my 205 apart to twin stick and freshen up, also notched my crossmember out for the 205 tranny mount. gotta weld that up and im good to go on the drrivetrain.

Back