Chop top XJ..with Exo cage... End to an Era..

this is a great thread, I may be moving away from cherokeeforum.com. Nice build, I pm'd you a few questions if you dont mind.

this is a great thread, I may be moving away from cherokeeforum.com. Nice build, I pm'd you a few questions if you dont mind.

Thanks

I replied to pm

no pics, but we got the winch wired to inside the cab and it works :) did a tune up, plugs, wires, dist cap, etc.. made some bump stop steel stops.. gonna flex it out tomorow in rti ramp to see what is correct size shocks I need to order.

more work done

dropped front axle took out springs to add new progressive bump stops
100_7002.jpg

100_7003.jpg

all back together
100_7007.jpg

100_7008.jpg

well we got the seats final bolted in and the 5 point harness final in and adjusted to each of us..

100_7129.jpg

100_7137.jpg

roof bars are all done and painted
100_7136.jpg

and made some tube doors, these are not done yet
100_7132.jpg

100_7134.jpg

NO pics, but I added rear storage box for tools, etc... mounted CO2 tank, installed down bar from harness bar to floor. I also took power steering pump off to modify it and put on a different pulley to help with hyrdo assist steering

hope to have pump back on this weekend and all the little things done so next weekend we can take it out for a test run

So, gave up on using the doors, huh.

for racing yes... but they are still in garage and if I decide I want them on, I can cut b pillar and move pillar bar inside cab and reattach doors :) this was fastest route to get ready for racing :)

Well today sucked it was 101 degrees and I was in my metal garage :(

but I did some more done.

added a storage box to hold tools for race
100_7139.jpg

got rear tire mounted with inner lock and got strap tie down system done.. all we do is release center rear ratchet and throw strap into back and we can take off spare easy and quick
100_7141.jpg

also got middle support bar for harness bar welded in
100_7143.jpg

PSC shipped me my new smaller puley to help with hydro assist when rig is going slow
100_7144.jpg

also put new dodge diesel shocks on rear
100_7145.jpg

and added a power steering cooler
100_7147.jpg

are you going to leave the PS cooler U-bolts pointing down? I've I'm seeing that correctly, they will be sheared off at the first rock you encounter. Can you rotate those brackets 90 degrees, mount them inside the front crossmember?

are you going to leave the PS cooler U-bolts pointing down? I've I'm seeing that correctly, they will be sheared off at the first rock you encounter. Can you rotate those brackets 90 degrees, mount them inside the front crossmember?

ya after we got them on we saw that but i was to hot and to tired to fix it :)

added some plexi to doors so I have a place for race numbers :)

100_7149.jpg

100_7153.jpg

100_7156.jpg

and I found my 12 volt cooler, what would a grocery getter be without some wine and cheese on board
100_7157.jpg

Well took Jep out for a pre run test and it did great..have a few things to fix like rear shocks but all in all we are ready to run..

also added some stickers :)
100_7158.jpg

hood ( not done yet )
100_7160.jpg

front
100_7162.jpg

rear
100_7163.jpg

look from rear with quick disconnect spare tire hold down
100_7167.jpg

my son wanted to have a seat
100_7169.jpg

man thats one good looking jeep, you thought about making a rear set of doors? IMO it would finish it off and make it perfect.

sweet build!!:driver:

man thats one good looking jeep, you thought about making a rear set of doors? IMO it would finish it off and make it perfect.
sweet build!!:driver:

yup rear doors will be made after the race.. but for race we are going to leave it open so we can get into back easy if need be.

well after prerun we found rear shocks need to be moved.. so I cut holes in floor and stuck them up threw :)

also welded in a connector bar that will double as 5 point harness bar for rear seat and shocks attach to it
shocks are dodge diesel 3500 shocks :)

100_7233.jpg

100_7237.jpg

100_7238.jpg

as some of you know I raced in the KOH Qualifier at Harlan (best time I ever had )

my write up:
http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94914

well the 2 things that took me out of the race was broken front axles and front suspension just turned to slope.

so it is time to upgrade :)

this is a RuffStuff axle housing that I am going to build into a hi9 front axle.. I figure if I build it custom and strong I hopefully will not have as many issues and I also plan to redo
the front suspension

it will take some time to build it but it will be well worth it

100_7637.jpg

100_7638.jpg

100_7639.jpg

Back