Chop top XJ..with Exo cage... End to an Era..

added a high flow power steering pump and reservoir

100_8603.jpg

100_8607.jpg

100_8610.jpg

Looks like the cage did its job. I'm glad you and the jeep didn't get banged up too bad.

Glad you are ok... Looks like its tweaked!

yup cage did what it was there to do.. and keep everyone safe.

my Co driver was pre running and had a passenger with him and both walked away fine.. passenger got a bump on shim from dash but they were all ok..

and that is all that matters..

but good news was we worked our butts off and got jeep back together and still raced and got 2nd place :)

yup cage did what it was there to do.. and keep everyone safe.

my Co driver was pre running and had a passenger with him and both walked away fine.. passenger got a bump on shim from dash but they were all ok..

and that is all that matters..

but good news was we worked our butts off and got jeep back together and still raced and got 2nd place :)

:driver: thats calling being a BA... Glad everyone was okay annddd that it was still running!

well it is OFFICIAL.. took it to the scrap yard today..

I did find out that the shell only weighted 1700lbs which means the other 3500lbs were all down low and that is why it worked so well in the rocks :)

and the wife was a little sad to see it go today.. this is the vehicle I used to take her out on our 1st date 12 years ago.. :)

xj_done.jpg

It's cool reading back through a build thread this long in duration. Kind of like a cradle to grave diary in this case. Reminds me to take more pics of my XJ projects.

That XJ was famous! I remember seeing it on Trucks or was it Extreme when they went to Tellico maybe? Kinda brings a tear to my eye....

That XJ was famous! I remember seeing it on Trucks or was it Extreme when they went to Tellico maybe? Kinda brings a tear to my eye....

yup the XJ was on xtreme 4x4 TV show with Ian and Jessi at the Tellico pay off.. was a sad day to see it go.. but life changes

What size air shocks are those? Did you do any crawling with those on? If so, how did they work with the leafs out back?

I'm looking to run the same set up and would greatly appreciate your input.

What size air shocks are those? Did you do any crawling with those on? If so, how did they work with the leafs out back?

I'm looking to run the same set up and would greatly appreciate your input.

they were 12" sway a way 2.5" air shocks..they worked great and the XJ was so much smoother with them on.. they worked great in the rocks and the rear leafs helped keep it stable.. that was probably one of the best upgrades I did to the XJ..

Back