Burrellsjeep Project: Eugene

Meet with Mud today, went over the plans for the rear truss, axle and frame mounts as well as the brackets for out boarding my rear shocks. Going to send him some measurements and some drawings to be sure were on the same page.

Called Brandon at RIDES today and ordered my Heims and DOM, picking them up next week.

Still more to come...

Ford 8.8 Measurements.jpg

Can't wait to see this back on the trail one of my favorite wranglers out there. Hopefully everything goes smoothly for you.

Well I made some progress, and found a set back as well.

First the progress, I got the front axle shaft pulled and replaced, new brackets welded on and cleaned up some loose end on the front truss.

Now for the bad, pulled the carrier to find this:

ForumRunner_20120303_182725.png

So now I guess I am regearing as well.

That sucks.

The plan now is to go 4.88s, its an unplanned upgrade, but I guess I am lucky that I found it when I did, I hadn't planed on pulling the carrier out, but since my make shift axle tube plug failed to pull out like I planned I had to push it out which meant pulling the carrier. Lucky or unlucky...who knows, either way its got to be fixed.

I see 10 pinion teeth, appears to be 4.10. Mike, lemme know if I can help ya out on the gearing side of it. You have my number.

ForumRunner_20120313_184718.png
ForumRunner_20120313_184747.png
ForumRunner_20120313_184823.png
ForumRunner_20120313_184856.png
ForumRunner_20120313_184927.png
Worked on the Dana 30 Saturday, got the brackets all welded on and the truss rewelded, cleaned it up and painted it, I am going to take the axles to my buddy in charlotte to help me set the r&p up once I have both of the axles ready to go, so that way there ready to bolt in when I get them back. My sons are helping with some of the work, and my youngest wanted to paint the axles red, so instead I was able to get him to be ok with just the knuckles. I think it turned out nice for a little D30.

Think you might be ready for the open invite at the Flats? I had a blast wheeling with yall last time i went out, and that thing was a beast! Not that im not having suspension woes myself...

Did you buy the truss for the D30? If so, where did you get it?

Think you might be ready for the open invite at the Flats? I had a blast wheeling with yall last time i went out, and that thing was a beast! Not that im not having suspension woes myself...

I hope to be ready by then, Shouldnt be too tough as long as I get time to work on it, The wife is working saturdays for tax season, so I keep the kids which limits my time. But I still manage to get some progress done. Thanks for the kind words and I look forward to wheeling with you again.

Did you buy the truss for the D30? If so, where did you get it?

I built it out of rectangle tube, there is info on it on the first page of the build, I have had the truss on the front since 09, I just rewelded it and cleaned it up.

Back