Bronco Reveal

^^^On that note...

68B6AA2E-C182-481A-8D89-A7DEF87302E6.png

Wow, look at all those Fords with Ford motors. Wonder why there no other makes in the pictures? :smokin:

I counter your witty banter with...do you see how many people online ask what size tire they can fit, or can’t even tune a carb. Ford owners are more intelligent, and can handle such a swap...it’s science.

20200721_133826.jpg

I mean, some people are ls swapping Hyundai genesis coupes...

I counter your witty banter with...do you see how many people online ask what size tire they can fit, or can’t even tune a carb. Ford owners are more intelligent, and can handle such a swap...it’s science.
"Science".... you mean like, it's a scientific fact that the LS is superior and that's why you can go to any drag strip and find loads of them in Mustangs?
Those are Ford owners that are swapping them in there, that's for sure, so maybe they ARE smarter than the average bear, LOL.
LS, and then when they really, really want to go fast, they use Big Block Chevrolets because it's for damn sure that folks who like big motors prefer Chevrolet's

Whats the weight difference between a 2.3 Ecoboost and an LS?
10lbs, give or take.
I don't know if that includes the turbo or not, but you'd also have to add in the intercooler and all the piping and whatnot for the Ford motor.
So I'd say an EcoBoost overall is probably heavier

10lbs, give or take.
I don't know if that includes the turbo or not, but you'd also have to add in the intercooler and all the piping and whatnot for the Ford motor.
So I'd say an EcoBoost overall is probably heavier
It’s actually closer to 70lbs..assuming a 2.3 eco and an aluminum block late ls...an iron block is about 160lbs heavier.

But that’s if you wanna stock vs stock. Of you are taking builds it’s the yote platform vs the ls...then the weight diff is negligible. I’m he ls is cheaper entry price but the yote will spin much Higher Rpms and live.

none of which is relevant to the Bronco

but there are more and more street 1500+hp yotes running around and they are mild mannered until you lay the boost and they hold up surprisingly well.

probably one of the top two or three yote guys in the country is in charlotte

You mean "Ford's LS copy"?

I would like to see those start making their ways into cars though
Dude, you apparently just have a Ford axe to grind.
You are just throwing out shit that ain't true left and right.

I ask b/c I was recently digging around motor swaps on the EB forums, and when somebody posited dropping in a 2.3 Eco, there was a similar "displacement is always better" response.
A point was made about the weight difference, if you can get close to similar performance but in a much lighter package, it also helps with the weight distrobution on a relatively short WB vehicle, lightening the load on front shocks etc.
Just got me thinking about that value.

"Science".... you mean like, it's a scientific fact that the LS is superior and that's why you can go to any drag strip and find loads of them in Mustangs?
Those are Ford owners that are swapping them in there, that's for sure, so maybe they ARE smarter than the average bear, LOL.
LS, and then when they really, really want to go fast, they use Big Block Chevrolets because it's for damn sure that folks who like big motors prefer Chevrolet's

This is the reason I don’t discuss brand preference. However, the second youve built 1000+ hp engines across multiple platforms for multiple purposes, I’ll take your opinion seriously.

Back