Bronco Reveal

RatLabGuy

You look like a monkey and smell like one too
For those w/ nothing better to do

8pm tonight

Ugh, having just bought a 2020 JLUR I Now wish I waited
well the good news is you'd still be waiting awhile b/c they won't be available until sometime next year anyway.

I gotta say I'm reasonably impressed. The Badlands version seems like a direct contender against the Rubicon (although I didn't see an option for an ultra-low TC). And while its pricy, it isn't rediculous compared to other loaded SUVs or certainly trucks.
A lot of thought put into little things, like the fact you can fit all the doors into the back seems pretty convenient.
I admit Ireally like the styling of the 2 dr, especially w/ these doors
2021 Ford Bronco two-door yellow driving off-road from the side - 5085122

Now the real question is, will it be well built or a pile of crap?

Watched the reveal, and a small part of me still thought it was a hoax since we’ve been hearing about a ‘return’ for about 15 years now. Nothing I don’t like about it. Pricing seems pretty damn good. Think I’m gonna wait for an ‘executive edition’ for the posers that want a bronco with Lincoln like luxury. I also have to think the 3.5EB and/or 5.oh will be making an appearance in the near future.

well the good news is you'd still be waiting awhile b/c they won't be available until sometime next year anyway.

I gotta say I'm reasonably impressed. The Badlands version seems like a direct contender against the Rubicon (although I didn't see an option for an ultra-low TC). And while its pricy, it isn't rediculous compared to other loaded SUVs or certainly trucks.
A lot of thought put into little things, like the fact you can fit all the doors into the back seems pretty convenient.

Doesn't need a low tcase with 10 speed (or 7 speed manual with granny) and 4.70 Diffs. Crawl ratio is lower than a rubicon with the manual.

E0A0FA50-9C03-45EF-8FFF-560194262A58.jpeg

He’ll yeah.
Sasquatch pack!

but no 2 door soft top seems like a small miss

I NEED a ‘yote option

35s. Go ahead and get that out of the way.

Some, maybe all, come factory with 35’s. Didn’t look like there was much more room for much bigger. But I’m sure none of that matters, because some guy will be asking for a friend that really got a deal on a set of 37’s.

My only real disappointment with it is 3,500lb tow rating. I thought it would be closer to gladiator vs JL, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I don't really see the no extra low tcase as a negative. Imo on the east coast it's more of a detriment to have it. Plus the manual has a low 1st.

I'm fairly impressed with it. Little disappointed in the ifs but honestly for a majority of the market I think it will be a benefit. I'd be willing to be 95% or more of JK/JL never get wheeled and stay pavement pounders until their second owner. Do wish they had a 5.0 option just for the noises it make although that 2.7 Ecoboost ain't no slouch.

Sure there's gonna be a lot of hate going around from people saying they'll never buy one because it doesn't have a v8 or a solid axle. Sure they'll get around fine in their shit box XJ.

He’ll yeah.
Sasquatch pack!

but no 2 door soft top seems like a small miss

I NEED a ‘yote option
Very small miss, you can guarantee by next spring there will be a 3rd party one for sale.

HELL YES, going to have to live through some one else. Sure it'll be 10+ years before I get my hands on one.

Gotta keep the warden happy. Truth is, I’ll probably wait 2-3 years for the kinks to be worked out and for more engine options.

Back