Bronco Reveal

Just like all the twin turbo ls builds

True. They used a 150k junkyard 5.3 with a couple of turbos they found on eBay. Put some polished aluminum valve covers on it, too. Real nice build, that one.

Interesting tid bit of info...max power/speed can only be reached if you call the turbos ‘Chinese noisy boys’.

E2E3276C-2AE4-408D-873C-DE766FC2316C.png

Just curious how many u guys and gals actually own anything u consider fast with a ls swap??????

Last edited:
This is about the new Bronco. It doesn't need 9k rpm eargasms. It needs cheap, reliable, easy to work on power.

A pushrod motor would be plenty sufficient.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

This is about the new Bronco. It doesn't need 9k rpm eargasms. It needs cheap, reliable, easy to work on power.

A pushrod motor would be plenty sufficient.

Yeah, and a 2.7L turbo would also be plenty sufficient. But this is :usa:

Dude, you apparently just have a Ford axe to grind.
You are just throwing out shit that ain't true left and right.
Nah, just like tweaking the Ford guys.

BTW, what did I say that wasn't true? I found that the 2.3 Eco is 450lbs. A 5.3 is about 460, maybe less. Couldn't find definitively that either had or didn't have accessories, but by the time you add the turbo and intercooler, etc...as you said yourself, the weight difference is negligible. So it's basically a wash.

The racing stuff is 100% true. You can prove that by going to any dragstrip in the country and seeing Mustangs with LS and BBC's in them. The serious racers use those engines. Only the true purists use the Ford motors, for whatever reason....you can make them run, of course. Making them live is another thing entirely, but they can certainly be made to run. And yeah, a Coyote can potentially turn higher....and it HAS to, to make the power. That's the whole point of bigger motors, so you can make more power without spinning it out of sight.
And you sure as hell can't find hundreds and hundreds of Chevys with Coyotes or any other Ford motor in them, that's for sure.

And yes, I doubt you'd get anyone from Ford to admit it, but the 7.3 is at least inspired by the LS: It's their direct answer to that motor.

And I notice they now offer them as a crate engine....pretty cool. Maybe they'll turn out to be good for performance and the Ford hot rod market will take off with guys swapping those in, instead of Bowties. I actually DO kind of like "brand purity"

How about no turbo?
So much less complexity, less packaging struggle, less heat, less programming, cheaper, and more reliable.

We are talking trucks here, with relatively small payload and towing capacities.

A 2.7 with no boost isn't going to have much power in a truck. A quick search found that even the 2 door with the 2.3 weighs 4300 to up around 5000lbs. That's no bueno if you like your truck to get out of its own way. Need that boost to make enough power.

Wish they'd offer the 7.3 in them, that would be sweet

bump up the displacement from 2.7

An updated 4.0 V6 based on pushrod tech (smaller Godzilla) would be great, and dollar cost average the development cost of the 7.3. 300 NA horsepower with all the torque down low would be fine.

A stock 2.3 ecoboost and a stock 5.3 are about the same as far as power goes. Ford will not miss out on the opportunity to put the v8 in it and offer 13 new trim packages, no doubt, but the 2.3 or 2.7 will be plenty to scoot it around in 99.9% of situations. Except for you guys apparently planning to race them through the NC deserts or hit the 1/4 with your 5k lb SUV.

They are probably wanting to see how everything holds up to abuse from the smaller motors before the commit to the 5.0.

1/4 with your 5k lb SUV
My jeep ran it on tons and 36 swampers at 5200lbs. 16.7sec at 76mph. Just letting you know that we are out here ;)

Except for you guys apparently planning to race them through the NC deserts or hit the 1/4 with your 5k lb SUV.

When in doubt...throttle out. I also have no doubt, next mud racing season, there will be more than one guy out there that purchases a $50k Bronco...shoves a $100k drivetrain in it, all for $500, a trophy and bragging rights 3 counties wide.

I just can't bring myself to click the Like button.
A like isn't "agreeing" with the implementation. It's accepting that some douche-canoe outfit dying to make a name for themselves will inevitably execute a very similar design, and Motor Trend TV will send Chris Jacobs out there with some THOT to virtually hand-job the builders while Jesse James calls it a piece of shit and dumps a pile of manure in the driveway of the shop while they're all at SEMA

A like isn't "agreeing" with the implementation. It's accepting that some douche-canoe outfit dying to make a name for themselves will inevitably execute a very similar design, and Motor Trend TV will send Chris Jacobs out there with some THOT to virtually hand-job the builders while Jesse James calls it a piece of shit and dumps a pile of manure in the driveway of the shop while they're all at SEMA
Good morning Mr Fun Sucker. It was a joke.
Had enough coffee yet?

Back