01 Mounty on Tons!

thanks dude, that was very informative. learned a lot more than what i was thinking, glad I asked and didn't just go with my assumption lol

This is the stance I really want lol. Someday will have to build a street queen on 54s at this stance hehehe. Dream big right!
20210818_073833.jpg

Any reason strap can't be mounted to lca bolt

Man that thing is tall! A lot taller than I imagine
Omg, no no no that's just me being silly saying that's what I want someday as a cool street rig lol.
Ride height is this
20210812_161902.jpg

Ahhh ok. That looks much more reasonable!
It does feel high as crap even at this ride height when putting around our property..I'm pretty sure most of this has to do with how smooth it is. All my previous rigs were cool, pretty capable but rode like straight up ass lol

Holy freaking crap, it's as if I built the bumper after doing bump stops..daaaang this worked out superb!
16292984713037708958350023380337.jpg

16292985318284635861786964943898.jpg
16292985635042318225903993790412.jpg

Heck freaking yeah baby..full drop no binding of driveshaft in front daiuuuuum

Front end done done..like you ain't going back on jack stands till you break something good lol.
Sure enough I had little binding on front yoke with shock 2" away from full drop. With a little grinding on both yokes, free and clear. First time ever on my personal rig that I went through all this work to make sure no binding..(ya dummy)
20210818_100253.jpg

You’re one step above me the John. My front has a limit strap on one side despite having ORIs because my low pinion 60 will bind the drive shaft. Lol

You’re one step above me the John. My front has a limit strap on one side despite having ORIs because my low pinion 60 will bind the drive shaft. Lol
I admit I'm shocked I could get full travel out of these 16" shocks without being at a crazy high ride height

You may be money ahead to do double sheer on those limit strap bolts.

It's coming along though! Warn makes nice replacement lockouts for when one of those stock Ford hubs blow out. :D

Warn makes nice replacement lockouts for when one of those stock Ford hubs blow out.
I have a spare, after that its chromolly stuff. Have a feeling the v8 will make that happen much sooner than later lmbo

My new springs did the job perfectly!! Wow! 0 preload and I have my 6.5" shaft showing
20210818_182806.jpg
20210818_182753.jpg

Neatest fender trimming I ever done lol.
16293258772247430222138071244571.jpg

View attachment 355278
Replace these with rubber. Trust me.

Yes! I broke 3 back to back to back. 2 in the same trip. I even had a “guard” over then that David made before I bought it. Didn’t matter.

I wound up drilling out the square hole with a step bit to 5/8 and put a regular rubber balance stem in when I had them apart to do the rock rings. Never had an issue again

wound up drilling out the square hole with a step bit to 5/8 and put a regular rubber balance stem in when I had them apart to do the rock rings. Never had an issue again
That's my plan.

I have a spare, after that its chromolly stuff. Have a feeling the v8 will make that happen much sooner than later lmbo

They held up to V10s and 6.0 diesels. I don't think the sub 300 horsepower of a 302 is going to destroy things that quickly. Gearing? More likely. I'm betting a few other things would break before anything in that front axle does though.

Also...this...the more important part of what I posted earlier :D

maaaaan, seriously?? lol, all jokes aside, is that really necessary? I mean I get the whole "importance" of limit straps but it has like 1000lb of force on it maybe unless I'm missing something and this is the one place I didn't think to "overkill" like I usually would. Dand it, just when I thought front end was completely done, now you gotta tell me somethin else..bruh LMBO

Back