Ol' Smokey - The Cursed ECORS Buggy Re-Build (Right this time)

I think mine is a tc/cb, not sure. They idler pulley on the cbm alt bracket actually came on a krc alt relocation that didn't use an auto tensioner; old school slot and lock bolt - had terrible flex so i went back to bomber. But i used the both bling aluminum pulleys from krc. The actual tensioner is a stock unit, relocated on the bomber bracket. My motor came out of a vette- with the shortest belt line, so i had to move to f body belt line requiring a new water pump. Iirc i got the pump from either cbm or one of the dune buggy places with the tstat /an housing and upper neck/an port already installed.

You should be fine on motor mounts. Originally had sbc-lt1 in this hole, so instead of rebuilding motor mounts i just used a relocation- conversion plate ls/sbc. So new plate has 4-5 holes but only have 3 actual bolted to chassis old sbc triangle style.

Additionally - i had to grind on the alternator housing to clear my valve cover about an 1/8 of an inch.

Thanks!

My water pump came from CBM but I opted for a stock one in lieu of a ported T stat. Stock has the housing inlet pointed off to the side towards the tire. Not a huge issue but not optimum.

What welding alt/setup are you running?

Small things really eat up a lot of time!

Spent the evening getting the new 32lb injectors in with the new fuel rail as well as the coil packs and brackets.

Ordered the 8.1 truck injectors but they are 20mm shorter than the LS1 injectors. I didn't think much of it when I ordered the fuel rail kit and now the mount brackets are too tall. Modified those and the rails now fit nice and snug. But I'm still concerned the modified brackets won't hold the rails on tight on top of the injectors. If it doesn't work, I'll run the stock rails till I figure out another solution.

Got new sensors installed about everywhere that is needed and on the. Ew throttle body. New TB had some interior I terference so I made some modifications to open it up and do a half assed port and polish on it. Waiting on a spacer.

Ya never realize how many little things just don't work out the first time till you start putting everything together. Nothing goes together easy...

Finally making some noticeable progress.

image.jpg

please tell me once you get everything together you are going to disassemble and powder coat the tube and reassemble.

Hood and cowl are done. Added hinges to the hood for easier use.

Cowl and dash area are making progress.

Firewall and front floor is making some progress

Front bumper and winch mount is reworked.

Front grill is made and installed.

Reworked front upper link for 1.25" joints

Reworked front panhard bar for 1.25" joints

Mounted front seats

Next: finish seat mounts (rear), finish interior, rework rear cage, mount hi lift, mount fuel cell, mount cooler, mount fuel pumps, fab and install skins, install brake and headlights, etc

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I stopped by and checked on the old girl for a few minutes yesterday. She was looking good.
Chris was working on some custom flotation devices for her while I was there.

Out of curiosity, why the short LS1/LS6 intake and 3 bolt throttle body and not a NNBS/TBSS intake and 90 or 92mm 4 bolt throttle body? I'd guess lower profile fits better in your case, but you could get some more hitch in your giddy up if you wanted :driver:

Also, saw some pics on the book face that Chris posted. Didn't know it was your rig until seeing this, but it looks damn good!

Glad to see you are finally making some head way buddy

The intake is what came with it.

I plan to do an I take swap soon just haven't decided which one just yet. I do have a 102mm TB on there. ;)

Dear Lord, baby Jesus! 102s are a little outrageous, but hey...if you've got it, why not! I'd definitely run one on a TVS style supercharger because it's having to suck a very high volume of air through it. I've got a stock TBSS intake if you need one, but a 102 won't fit it, I don't think. At least not without some sort of adapter. If I were you, I'd look for a FAST 102 LSXRT or LSXR. In fact, how will a 102 fit on that LS1 intake?

The intake is what came with it.

I plan to do an I take swap soon just haven't decided which one just yet. I do have a 102mm TB on there. ;)
I had a 102mm on mine and it didn't work out so well for the application.
The off idle response was way too much.

I agree the 102 may be a little much but it was cheap and I figure I'd give it a shot. :D

I have an adapter to make it fit the 3 bolt

It has cup holders now :D so it looks even better!

^ right because more beer will make it work.

Back