Ol' Smokey - The Cursed ECORS Buggy Re-Build (Right this time)

New buggy name.... GOLD-MEMBER!

Funniest thing about that whole deal.
Buggy burns nearly to the ground. Rob laughs and has a beer.
Next morning we go to load it up and overnight some rogue had come and stole the Hellas off the front and ripped the wiring off. Rob nearly punched a tree. Picked up a big stick/small log and threw it and invented 7 cuss words.

He liked those lights.

But I think Mr. Glass got even with the thief a couple years later.

Funniest thing about that whole deal.
Buggy burns nearly to the ground. Rob laughs and has a beer.
Next morning we go to load it up and overnight some rogue had come and stole the Hellas off the front and ripped the wiring off. Rob nearly punched a tree. Picked up a big stick/small log and threw it and invented 7 cuss words.

He liked those lights.

But I think Mr. Glass got even with the thief a couple years later.

Yeah, shit happens and is part of racing.

However, I can't stand a thief and for some low life to steal the only 2 things on the buggy that remained unharmed just pissed me the fawk off.

John knew who it was but couldn't prove it at the time. But, he got revenge for me as one of their ATVs broke down and he held it ransom until they paid for their stupidity. :)

What's the anticipated wheelbase?

Correct, wheelbase and links are not changing at all.

The tubing for the seats and cage is changing as well as mounts for the fuel cell, cooler, storage, and the rear shock mounts. Beyond that, most everything should remain. Well, we are doing more/better interior sheet metal and firewalls :D

Also, the transfer case mount will change up some as I swapped to an Atlas over the D300.

Not very much tube work left to do. Also going to build a neat rear bumper for added protection. Then onto shredding a truck load of aluminum

IMG_20141120_020823.jpg

IMG_20141118_180951.jpg

IMG_20141118_181146.jpg

IMG_20141120_185921.jpg

The hood may work clearcoated. but it looks worse in person. The wrap that's on there is all fading and bubbling up and cracking. Maybe just pull the wrap off? Dunno. Its a consideration.

Thinking the chassis will be charcoal gray with gold flake powdercoat and the sheet metal flat black with some gold accents.

I dont think the Yeti will latch the way its shown in the pics. A high dollar cooler is no good if your cheap beer bounces out.

I'm sorry David is having issues completing Adam's buggy. I hope the best for both of them.

However, I am maintaining my commitment with David. I am concerned but will see what the next few weeks hold as David has some misc fab work and aluminum work to do. We shall see.

[QUOTEisn'tckcity, post: 1317485, member: 483"]I'm sorry David is having issues completing Adam's buggy. I hope the best for both of them.

However, I am maintaining my commitment with David. I am concerned but will see what the next few weeks hold as David has some misc fab work and aluminum work to do. We shall see.[/QUOTE]
Adams isnt the only one he had trouble with, but like you said on hardline I think you stopping in and giving direction to David like you have is what's kept your project headed in the right direction.

Back