00 xj 8.25/D30LP moving right along

ggpkg.jpg

The assist goes to @XJsavage

Bahahahaha!!

Mr. Chuckman...if i came off rude, sorry sincerely but I wouldn't dare ever give a bad name to H*******4x4 so i guess i got ruffled when i saw the post. i only have mentioned his name because in the discussions and others always degrading someone wanting to run say 35s or doublers or whatever, i have had no choice to mention his name as the one who actually recommended the doubler for me instead of 5:13 gears or such because he is aware of my wheeling style and at least in front of me as a business relation and friend seems to just appreciate/be cool with whatever setup i have desired to run. 95% of people here are quick to jump down XJ owner throat if they mention anything over 33s, stock diffs, doublers, and such but i've met very few(Aaron being one) who just let people build what they want and enjoy it and give them the advise according to what they are desiring to accomplish in the end result. i see you know Aaron pretty well and that is why i wrote this explanation so you and me don't get off on wrong foot.

yeah, he and I have met once or twice...

mods please delete any reference to Hcore4x4, this isn't a case of 'any publicity is good publicity'

mods please delete any reference to Hcore4x4, this isn't a case of 'any publicity is good publicity'
I edited my post. My intent wasn't to bash his business.

i understand you're intent was not that...but why even take chance of playing around with someone's reputation. call me childish, dumb, poor whatever you guys want but i got enough maturity to respect people's business/reputation and character and to keep my business to myself and such. i apparently over-reacted but i just don't play games with that crap so enough said. Peace!!

I would be happy if we could teach Jonny boy torque multiplication. That's a low bar but I think I could do it if he would respond intelligently instead of resorting to play ground tom-foolery. Maybe that's the problem. In 6th grade he was playing grab-ass with the other boys and not paying attention to simple machines in science class.

I would be happy if we could teach Jonny boy torque multiplication. That's a low bar but I think I could do it if he would respond intelligently instead of resorting to play ground tom-foolery. Maybe that's the problem. In 6th grade he was playing grab-ass with the other boys and not paying attention to simple machines in science class.
i don't get it

i don't get it
Yep. I know. I would like to see you put gears in the xj. You don't want to because you don't understand the math. Im trying to help you with that.

do what??? what the heck does puttin gears in my diffs....got to do with anything....?????

ohh i get it..you're still hung up on why i would do doubler instead of 5:13 gears? simple and you should know this since you probably have way more general "rig" knowledge than me...1: doubler is way lower ratios,period. 2. doubler allows options for regular 2.72:1 and then the double low. 3. Bigger gears or 4:1 tases don't offer any options...you're stuck with what you have on street and off road. 4. Bigger gears means smaller pinion shaft therefor much weaker and the aftermarket carriers are also weaker..at least in the jeep axles. sure probably not the case with tons and deuces but with the jeep axles yeah not smart upgrade. Every person I've heard put bigger gears in D35, especially, or even the 8.25 I've heard negative reports on breaking...not to mention waste of money on stock jeep diffs anyway. I know enough about jeeps that the stock axles are good enough in stock form for what they are and what i do and way easier to replace if i were to break one.

Some jokes write themselves...

hahhahahaha

I love this place.

4. Bigger gears means smaller pinion shaft therefor much weaker

Please explain this one in detail.
And then please provide the caluclation for force applied to the shaft and the relation between more teeth and less teeth in a gear to this value.

I really am curious and think you may be on to something here, but the laws of physics seem to be against your thought process.

Im just not sure who to trust you or S.I. Newton so Id like to hear your argument in full.

im going wheeling in the morning at 8. hope to capture some pictures and videos if my cheapo phone works good enough..anyone in boone area around come on..."The Glades" is the spot..call if you want to come and give directions. 828 964 3128 Guys please no prank calls!! as much fun as that would be and aside the web wheeling fun we all have on here, lets please refrain from pranking my phone..it is my business phone. Thank You.

Please explain this one in detail.
And then please provide the caluclation for force applied to the shaft and the relation between more teeth and less teeth in a gear to this value.

I really am curious and think you may be on to something here, but the laws of physics seem to be against your thought process.

Im just not sure who to trust you or S.I. Newton so Id like to hear your argument in full.
uhhhhhhhhhhh....look honestly and i mean Honestly gears are not my thing at all since i've actually never done them/had them so this is just what I've been told by...leave that blank...and it is VERY possible that I am rewording it improperly as far as terminology so I'm not at all trying to act as if i know anything about gears. I just was always told bigger gears were weaker carriers/pinion shafts...something like that and i'm probably doing piss poor job of explaining it how it was explained to me by someone whose been doing this long time.

ohh i get it..you're still hung up on why i would do doubler instead of 5:13 gears? simple and you should know this since you probably have way more general "rig" knowledge than me...1: doubler is way lower ratios,period. 2. doubler allows options for regular 2.72:1 and then the double low. 3. Bigger gears or 4:1 tases don't offer any options...you're stuck with what you have on street and off road. 4. Bigger gears means smaller pinion shaft therefor much weaker and the aftermarket carriers are also weaker..at least in the jeep axles. sure probably not the case with tons and deuces but with the jeep axles yeah not smart upgrade. Every person I've heard put bigger gears in D35, especially, or even the 8.25 I've heard negative reports on breaking...not to mention waste of money on stock jeep diffs anyway. I know enough about jeeps that the stock axles are good enough in stock form for what they are and what i do and way easier to replace if i were to break one.

Or the fact that nobody makes 5.13s for an old school XJ D30 or 8.25.
But your answer makes more sense...

Last edited:
This is what I want you to focus on; everything flows downstream. It doesn't matter if you add gear upstream or downstream(t-case or axle) the gear reduction/gear ratio/torque multiplication/final power still ends up on the differential/carrier. Do you get that?

This is what I want you to focus on; everything flows downstream. It doesn't matter if you add gear upstream or downstream(t-case or axle) the gear reduction/gear ratio/torque multiplication/final power still ends up on the differential/carrier. Do you get that?
well call me slow but ok now I get your point..ha ha. I see what your trying to say and it's valid point i guess. still not going to convince me that running a doubler with my setup is bad idea though...maybe for you and others but for me it works but that's just cause i'm not that hard on it and am smart enough to know how to treat the jeep in double low.

I edited my post. My intent wasn't to bash his business.
dude I wasn't referring to you, I dont think anybody sane would. this guy just doesn't get it.
a man just doesn't drag a reputable shop anywhere close to such dumbassery as this. I can roast a hotdog near my PC with all of this flaming.
why can't he just crawl under a rock and read anything Billavista has accumulated here.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/

Back