00 xj 8.25/D30LP moving right along

It's also not a bad idea to add about 5 gallons of water to your tires. As the wheel spins it helps to balance. The added weight will get you more traction. If you do start to lose a bead you'll just lose a little water not air pressure.

It's also not a bad idea to add about 5 gallons of water to your tires. As the wheel spins it helps to balance. The added weight will get you more traction. If you do start to lose a bead you'll just lose a little water not air pressure.
That worked really well for my tractor. The bushhog used to loft the front tires and the backs would spin a lot. Also, takes a lot less air to fill it up, which is better for the environment.

Lol this guy^ Everyone knows you use helium to fill tires. #floataction
Well yeah if you're talking about a race rig where every pound counts. On his rig though he needs all the weight he can possibly get. As long as the jeep is firmly planted on the ground it won't spin tires which we all know is what breaks parts. Maybe @jeepinmatt can help with the numbers but I bet if you filled those tires with helium it would make the jeep weigh about 500lbs less.

I think it's (tire diameter x tire diameter x tire width x .7854) - (wheel diameter x wheel diameter x wheel width x .7854)
12026.44-1588.86=10437.58 cubic inches. If gravity is 14.7 pounds per sq inch then helium is -15 pounds per square inc because it floats it should be 1565.55 lbs lighter

hahaha!! :D very funny posts...I especially like the buckets of water, that was pretty good.

hahaha!! :D very funny posts...I especially like the buckets of water, that was pretty good.
No for real. People with lighter rigs like the toyota crowd often add water to help make their leaf springs stretch out. It would help you.

I think it's (tire diameter x tire diameter x tire width x .7854) - (wheel diameter x wheel diameter x wheel width x .7854)
12026.44-1588.86=10437.58 cubic inches. If gravity is 14.7 pounds per sq inch then helium is -15 pounds per square inc because it floats it should be 1565.55 lbs lighter
Been using this trick for years,my rig is so light that it rolls over on command!
Glad you broke the math down for us common folk..........

No for real. People with lighter rigs like the toyota crowd often add water to help make their leaf springs stretch out. It would help you.
ok i had a good laugh but now you're just messin with me hard.:wtf:..are you serious? I've never heard of this...heard of bbs, rocks/gravel for balancing but water? ohh man am i gonna get flamed for even trying to believe this LOL i just know i am

Look up water in tractor tires. It works for traction.

well dang..i will go and look it up. learn something new everyday!!

well I'll be a monkey's muncle...hot dam!!! so seriously though people do this on their trucks/jeeps? seems like that would ride really really weird on the street

Alcohol or antifreeze for obvious reasons.
LMAO!!! that is so something dumb i would do too not thinking about it if i was going to do this,LOL

holy crap..i looked up some more on it and seems to work really really good but dam, you gotta have some extra HP and Torque to push em...guys are talkin like 130-180lbs per tire extra weight...i guess that would make huge traction difference. be good for trail only jeep with real low crawling ratios and tons of torque...and some extra gas tanks LOL

anyone have experience with these BFG KM2s Load Range D...i want to groove them pretty much down to lowest point before hitting steel belts..i've had descent luck with load range c holding up so are these "D" steel belted pretty durable from yall's wheeling them in the woods

holy crap..i looked up some more on it and seems to work really really good but dam, you gotta have some extra HP and Torque to push em...guys are talkin like 130-180lbs per tire extra weight...i guess that would make huge traction difference. be good for trail only jeep with real low crawling ratios and tons of torque...and some extra gas tanks LOL
I used to buy used tires for my f250 and would mount them myself, but my uncles balancer wouldn't work with the larger truck wheels. So I used about a cup of 50/50 water and antifreeze to balance them, worked great. Putting water in for traction is not something you want to try on the street.

i do admit though with this new idea....35s, doubler with 4:1 kit in one case and 2.72 in the other, 4:88 gears, locked front and rear, 180lbs per tire weight of water
Putting water in for traction is not something you want to try on the streer
lol..yeah i read all about the "vibes" and bolts coming loose but for the right setup with the right crawl ratios...was reading guys rigs that made HUGE difference from what they were saying. pretty cool thing to learn for "trail only jeep someday"

a2.bp.blogspot.com__5wWqxDx3wO0_TymxrrmuFaI_AAAAAAAAArw_JMFy6cc23fc997b4ab81e06125588f18ffa199.gif

leaf spring question guys: this parts jeep i got has the 4.5" full leaf packs (no add a leaf with shackles) just the full leafs sooo....i couldn't get the leafs off cause the eye bushings done with and bolts seized and all so was wondering:?? if i cut the leafs off right in front of the eyes and put them under the main leaf on a stock set, would that still give about 4.5" lift or so? thanks for input. i hate to trash the jeep with the leafs since they had no sag to em at all and still great shape minus the stupid eye bushings/bolts.

well unfortunately that's one tool i don't own yet (i know you're thinking WHAT? lol) so not an option..and just don't feel like spending 4 hrs on couple bolts like i have before..so i'd rather just cut em off if they will work the same with the other type setup mentioned

I'm sure it would give some lift, but how much would be a guess. You would be much better off removing the old bushing with the stuck bolts, and installing new poly bushings. You can run a drill through the rubber portion until the center part will pull out. Then use a chisel to knock the outer portion loose from the spring. It ain't fun, but will net much better results than the option you proposed.

You can run a drill through the rubber portion until the center part will pull out. Then use a chisel to knock the outer portion loose from the spring. It ain't fu
please explain since i run into this issue a lot and no torch..i follow but not really maybe i'm tired..

You'll have to cut the bolt to remove the spring from the vehicle, sawzall or a cutoff wheel either one. Then just drill through the rubber part of the bushing until it starts falling apart. It will take a few minutes, just keep working around it until you can pull the center out. Next, put a chisel against the outer piece of bushing, I like to start in that little gap where the spring loops around. Beat on that until you either cut it out, or it breaks free from the spring and slides out. It's neither fun or easy, but you will end up with lifted springs and new bushings.

Back