Votes: 55 79.7%
  • no

Votes: 14 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paul

Dr 'Dre
Of the forum members on here.
I do. Taking two rigs to Harlan this weekend and it's gonna be cold as fawk.
Got six more coming also, camping, in the cold. No problem.
Do you wheel or just interwebz it?
I have rode with some damn awesome peeps on this forum,
Just saying......

I just interwebz it. I used to wheel. I still have a rig, and I debate every day about selling it. I miss the wheeling, but I can't seem to find time.

I do but I haven't been in years. Life seems to get in the way every time I save up some money to finish the rig.

used to, never been hardcore or anything. It's been a few years since my last trip. Now I'm hoping to have my Jeep done by this spring. So for now the interwebz it is....

I do, wish I could go more often since I'm limited to once every two months or so. Not hardcore, but as long as I'm out on the trails and not at work, I'm happy.

Wish I got to do it more often. Try to make URE once every other month. If the wallet were fatter id love to be more hard core. Oh well with time :popcorn:

Took 3 years to get the bronco SAS done. Heading to Winrock this weekend with a few fellas it's first post SAS run!

As much as life allows-which isn't as often as i like, but when we roll we roll hard ....we travel, we break, fix, we wheel, roll, EAT, little sleep, burn that bitch down most of the night. ......

Btw, we'll thaw out by the fire and tell a shit load of lies

Right redneck?

Last edited:
Used to wheel a lot... seems these days its all I can do to make our two annual uwharrie trips.
Time, energy, money... pick two

Parted my rig out, still have the body/frame. And it's for sale. Just haven't had time to bolt the fenders back on & pull the tranny. Bought a house & am working on some remodeling. Got a nice bike & it's a lot cheaper to ride that than drive 5 hours to Harlan or further to wheel. The hobby just got to costly for me. However I may build a short uwharrie rig so I can trail ride in the near future.

I do, but nothing too extreme since my rig has to get me back home.
Made it to Harlan once, Uwharrie once and the flats twice this year.

If unf or other wheelin spots was closer,I'd burn it up a couple times a month but being "down east",puts a lot of distance,time,and monies on what I do.

I still "wheel". Got tired of keeping up a tow rig, trailer and rock whomper so I downsized to something I can drive to the trail, get around in and get home. Mountain bikes, dirt bikes and guns occupy the time I used to spend cussing and throwing wrenches across the garage.

I've got a little Samurai tub/frame project in the weeds for a while, but will probably end up doing a solid axle under the 4Runner before I do another ground up build.

Used to when I built up my TJ but sold it. I've been missing it but don't have time to deal with multiple vehicles anymore and needed something more family friendly so ordered a JKU. Should have it by the end of the year. Not quite "hardcore" but it'll work for my needs nowadays.

I try to get to Uwharrie once a month (it's only an hour from me). Had a lot of fun this year, been close to 20 times, still got 2 or 3 more trips planned before the trails close for the season. Got my monies worth from that season pass this year :)

I do! I'm about an hour from URE and go nearly every weekend. Also like to camp so URE is the perfect place to go.

Went Monday and yesterday all day since the weather was perfect and I had a chance to take two that have never been.

Went up on the Parkway a few weeks ago to hit the Ivester Gap Trail while it's open.

I wheel, going to grayrock with the hardline crew in Feb and working on plans with friends to hit wind rock for the first time head to Harlan again and make it down to gulches also for the first time. Throw in a couple ure trips and the flats a couple times and the year is starting to fill up.

I wheel. I don't got to URE. Does this mean I'm "hardcore"? I'd like someone to define a "hardcore wheeler", the term constantly amuses me.

I don't know of a rig requirement or of a minimum amount of trips to be called hardcore, but if you enjoy wheeling and even with all that life throws at you you still make time to go unwind and do something you like, there's something to be said of that. Maybe not hardcore but how many people go through life aggravated never do anything that helps them relax and end up being miserable or get to the end of their life and say I wish I had done more 'x'. Its just something to think about for people that say they can't take time to do whatever, your going to spend time doing something it might as well be something you enjoy. And that goes for more things than just your hobby.

I do not. Been wheeling a handful of times, did most of the season of ECORS in 2011 with @Spence , most of my offroading involvement has been with others' rigs.

I do, however, take my 4-w-d ram up a logging trail every now and again when camping.

Wow! I am surprised at how many people are unable to "wheel" on a regular basis. I am in URE usaly every other weekend, this year a little less because of a bad clutch but will fix that this winter and start again spring!

Back