What have you done for your health today?

Now we need a healthy recipe thread! Lol
So, I'm cooking some steaks tonight. I usually marinate for 2-4 hours in the fridge in Allegro, pull then from fridge and let sit on counter for 30 mins before throwing on my little Weber grill as hot as I can get it (typically about 5-600*F). @JodyTreadway or others, any better or more healthier ways to cook these up?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So, I'm cooking some steaks tonight. I usually marinate for 2-4 hours in the fridge in Allegro, pull then from fridge and let sit on counter for 30 mins before throwing on my little Weber grill as hot as I can get it (typically about 5-600*F). @JodyTreadway or others, any better or more healthier ways to cook these up?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Eliminate the marinade and just use salt and pepper to taste.

Also, adjust portion size so you aren’t overeating. I feel that is one of the main reasons Americans are so overweight compared to the rest of the world.

Last edited:
Ditto on the S&P. Over the years I’ve settled on McCormick’s and some other stuff. At the vet ride we cook backstrap over the oak fire with just S&P. Good gawd it was great. Back to basics. Wasabi is good too. Don’t know if it’s good for you but it’s damn good.

While on the topic, I’m about to butcher some aging venison and plan to strip it all for jerky. Good source of protein for snacks. Unfortunately, the marinade I make is loaded with salt. I plan on look for a more healthy marinade.

Last edited:
Been getting back into Mountain biking the last two years as my son has started enjoying it more. Got him a new bike for Christmas and then got me a new bike this week. Now if it will dry out some so we can ride some dirt it would be great.

353A55B1-3B1C-4FB8-8862-3038396EF7AA.jpeg

Been getting back into Mountain biking the last two years as my son has started enjoying it more. Got him a new bike for Christmas and then got me a new bike this week. Now if it will dry out some so we can ride some dirt it would be great.

View attachment 283503

Dang it man- we could have hooked you up!

Took the long way in to work today. Had one guy take a hard fall and shattered his collar bone when a dog ran out in front of him.

image.png

Walked 3.5 miles around town this morning at a quick clip with the Mrs. Stopped at the local coffee shop and passed on any surgery mocha hipster latte and went with a medium roast, black. Used the leaf blower to clear all the wet leaves embedded in the mud pit that used to be my back yard, then spread 12 lbs of rye using a hand spreader. It’s a small back yard. Took a break for lunch and had a grilled chicken wrap with lettuce & tomato on a wheat wrap. Hand spread 4 bales of straw over the seed then chilled for a couple of hours. Grilled 6 oz tenderloins over charcoal for dinner with 1/2 baked sweet potato & a green leaf lettuce salad. Not gonna lie, knocked back a couple of light beers after the yard work and had a third while grilling. 15,000 steps in today according to my Garmin.

Dang it man- we could have hooked you up!

Took the long way in to work today. Had one guy take a hard fall and shattered his collar bone when a dog ran out in front of him.

View attachment 283540
Didn't he used to post on here as madssjeep and have an orange CJ with a grader ball rear suspension? I'm pretty sure I bought my forklift from him.

Last edited:
Nothin' sets off the flavor of a steak like ketchup!

Drank 7 Miller lites an a 750 of Tito’s last night. Had the Tito’s with orange juice so it was healthy.

#newyearnewme

I ate a bowl of ice cream and 3 Reese's mini's last night. Typically it would be a huge bowl of ice cream and

Didn't he used to post on here as madssjeep and have an orange CJ with a grader ball rear suspension? I'm pretty sure I bought my forklift from him.

Pretty sure Slim is/was a Bronco guy (Scott) and lives in WS. Sold his crawler project several months back that Dave at Oliver's was helping him with.

Just saw the sig. I could be wrong. I know Scott was talking about wanting to get back into mtb'ing last I spoke with him and am pretty sure he went by slim.

Madss lives/lived in Huntersville. Not sure if he's still there or somewhere else. It's been a few years.

For steaks I do course salt, pepper. For fancier stuff like backstraps, chateaubriand, rib roasts, etc. Ill toss in some rosemary and thyme. Anyone who isnt using a sous vide is really missing out. It makes it soooo much easier to focus on cooking your sides and entertaining guests than making sure you dont ruin a good piece of meat.

Today's workout was 3 hrs of cutting down pine trees.

My steak marinade consists of poke holes with fork, drizzle French’s Worstersire sauce on it, sprinkle some Adolph’s Meat tenderizer, Lawrys Seasoned Pepper!, garlic powder (Or minced garlic) and then turn over and do the same to other side and put it in fridge for a day max or whatever time you have and then cook medium rare and eat!

Back