What have you done for your health today?

Here is my typical day of food. I've been eating like this for a few years or more now:

Breakfast:
- 3 packs of oatmeal
- large glass of OJ
- 8 ounces of egg whites with about 6 ounces of milk
- apple

Mid morning snack usually consists of 2 out of 4 from the below, but occasionally just 1:
- pack of tuna
- sweet potato
- 2-3 hard boiled eggs
- protein bar

Lunch:
- 5-7 oz of turkey on a sandwich
- greek yogurt
- V8 juice
- Gatorade

Afternoon snack:
- banana
- sometimes a pack of tuna, or a protein bar if I am still hungry and didn't have enough food in the morning

Dinner:
- typical plate of food usually with 1/2 of it being meat, 1/4 rice or potatoes, 1/4 veggies

- greek yogurt before bed

My weakness is sweets at the end of the day after dinner. I like cookies, brownies, cake etc. The greek yogurt before bed is usually the strawberry cheesecake flavor with hopes of keeping me from going for the bad stuff.

Men, if you need a good group of guys that makes workouts fun and can hold you accountable, go to f3nation.com and find a workout close to you. All workouts are free, led by those in the group, open to all men, no man gets left behind, and meet outside rain or shine. I can’t say enough good things about it and about the men that are a part of it. And don’t be intimidated, the fitness levels of everyone varies greatly, from very fit to haven’t moved since high school. Everyone is reminded to “Modify as necessary” if you can’t do an activity in the workout. There are different types of workouts too, bootcamp style, kettle bells, running, and broga.

Looks interesting. I see you're in Concord. Do you go to the Afton meetings?

Men, if you need a good group of guys that makes workouts fun and can hold you accountable, go to f3nation.com and find a workout close to you. All workouts are free, led by those in the group, open to all men, no man gets left behind, and meet outside rain or shine. I can’t say enough good things about it and about the men that are a part of it. And don’t be intimidated, the fitness levels of everyone varies greatly, from very fit to haven’t moved since high school. Everyone is reminded to “Modify as necessary” if you can’t do an activity in the workout. There are different types of workouts too, bootcamp style, kettle bells, running, and broga.

Our bootcamp today in the pouring rain started with typical warmups, but then the meat of it involved throwing tires, lifting concrete blocks, bear crawling, burpees, pushups, and lots of other fun stuff. After the main thang, we do some core exercises, pray, and we’re done.

Sometimes during a hard workout or run I question why I am doing this, but as soon as it’s over and for the rest of the day, you can’t wipe the smile off my face. I’ve had 3 back surgeries in 2 years, and I feel like I’m stronger now than I’ve been in my adult life.

For the women, there is something similar, Females In Action (FIA).
Childcare available? Lol my wife has found an awesome gym close by for ladies only and included in the fee is childcare for when your there for any of the classes. She has been going to the instructor led classes almost every day. I need something like that instructor led because when I go to the gym I do a few things get bored wander around not sure really what to do and leave.

Looks interesting. I see you're in Concord. Do you go to the Afton meetings?
I do Afton on Saturdays, want to join us tomorrow? 7am at Dorton Park on Saturdays. Some also do a pre-run on Saturdays at 6am. Tomorrow I am going to skip the run and just do the 7am bootcamp.

During the week I go to The Dawghouse, which is it JM Robinson High School.

Just had a great supper. Spinach salad and some homemade veggie soup with leftover grilled chicken from last night mixed in.

Going for a run in the am with the pups before we go galavanting in the afternoon

Chicken and veggie soup is a great way to use up chicken and to mix things up. I just had some tonight myself. Used the organic chicken broth with no added salt because I ran out of my home made stock. Mix in some veggies and let it simmer and viola! easy peasy

Day 4 of keto. Using it to kick start losing a few pounds before moving to a longer term fix. I'm 6'2" and like being 200-205 pounds. I'm normally 210-215 but this year it's crept up to 225. So far so good but just fixed some bowls of peanut butter chocolate ice cream for the kids. That wasn't easy to step away from....

15466515357331575438552.jpg

Eat one and then combine them into one box for my OCD satisfaction please.
It would have to be the single raspberry too! Or else they would contain an odd number of like doughnut grouping.

Just had a belly full of crab legs for supper. Totally worth the work.

There's a 2 liter of diet pepsi on the counter that's been tempting me something fierce, but water only!

Grilled chicken Spinach wrap with avacado spread,fresh onions, black olives, tomatoes and more spinach for crunch, cayenne pepper and Himalayan salt seasoning for dinner... I can handle it! Tom its work at 10 then a hike up to the cascades for total 6 mile ruck. Gonna be dark on the way down, but night time hiking is surprisingly very peaceful I’ve discovered! Going to do some land nav on way up and trail back so I’m not sleeping in the woods tho lol @Jody Treadway good thread btw lots to learn on here! Now we need a healthy recipe thread! Lol

Just stopping in to say:
For the love of Jesus H Christ; please don’t read this thread, get motivated and decide to start running for exercise all the sudden. Gotta ease into that shit or you’ll be like the other hundred thousands of people this new year who quit because their body hurts. Running ain’t easy if you’ve been a fatass for the last 10-20 years of your life. Trust me, I know first hand.

FYI, I had a salad at lunch with my burger rather than fries just because of this thread! :D
x2 traveling home last night (again in Chicago airport). Arugula with pickled onions, olive oil and lemon juice. Dat shiote was good too

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Made it through my first F3 (mostly). Thanks @VortecJeep. Looking forward to doing it again.
Also just cooked up an egg, bacon, cheese and salsa omelette. Bring on the day!
You did great for your first time. The pain can be real during, but the feeling of accomplishment afterwards makes it worth it. There’s not many places where you can have that much fun for free!

Back