What have you done for your health today?

My month of April
Screenshot_2019-04-30-19-47-41.png

Anybody up for 100 pushups a day in May? We can start a thread for it and check in each day to hold everyone accountable.
100 a day is not hard to do, even if you are just starting. You don’t have to do them all at once.

My 11 yr old son and I did the 100 push-ups a day thing for two months. Normally 25 at a time. We've been talking about starting it up again, so I'm in.

Today's workout was 3 sets of flat bench dumbbell press, 6 sets of flat bench barbell press, 4 sets of steep incline/laid back OHP with dumbbells, 4 sets of tricep kick backs with dumbells, and 4 sets of cable pull downs with flat bar for triceps.

I typically don’t workout on Wednesday’s because of work, but I took the day off because our well tank sprung a leak and flooded our basement yesterday afternoon. So I went to F3 this morning. It was good.

And I got my 100 pushups for the day too.

Today was fun. Strength was to find a 1 rep max on push press. My old max was 145, my new max is...145. I tried 155 and got it about halfway up and lost it. One of the most frustrating damn lifts for me too.

The workout though was super fun. It was a 10 - 1 of calories rowed, bench press(135) and toes to bar. So 10, 10, 10, 9, 9,9,8,8,8 etc. Finished in 15:32. We don't typically do a lot of bench so I had to break it up in working reps but still managed to move through it a fast pace.

So I didnt check in yesterday because I was doing grown up stuff.

Not much internet playtime - hosting our manufacturer's clowns who come around 1x a quarter and explain to us how to do our jobs (that they have never done, seen done, know what they entail or even understand the scope of) better.
Someone in leadership above my level decided that Ron is the most diplomatic and best person to host this circus quarterly. FML.

But, on 5/1 I weighed in at 269.6...under my target of 269.9....so even though it was close..MADE IT!

Today's workout was 20 minutes on the incline treadmill, followed by 5 sets of leg press super set with 4 sets of dumbbell skull crushers.

So I didnt check in yesterday because I was doing grown up stuff.

Not much internet playtime - hosting our manufacturer's clowns who come around 1x a quarter and explain to us how to do our jobs (that they have never done, seen done, know what they entail or even understand the scope of) better.
Someone in leadership above my level decided that Ron is the most diplomatic and best person to host this circus quarterly. FML.

But, on 5/1 I weighed in at 269.6...under my target of 269.9....so even though it was close..MADE IT!
Congrats man!
Not on the work shenanigans - that other thing :D

The F3 workout this morning was a pre Cinco de Mayo beatdown. Complete with mariachi music, and oh yes, the Macarena song, where you have to do jumping jacks during the song and every time you hear “Macarena”, you have to do a burpee. I f’n hate that song. But now with all that mariachi music in my head, I feel the need to drink tequila and climb a tall wall.
Heeyyy Burp-arena… – F3 MeCa

Today's workout was 5 sets of wide grip pull-ups, 4 sets of straight arm pull-downs, 4 sets of dumbbell rows, and 4 sets of bicep curls with the EZ curl bar.

Not so much a "did for my health" but a cool "reward" today.

Went in for a check up with doctor this AM. Based on the diet and such she wants to see me every 4 months as long as I am "extreme eating"...so went and had blood drawn earlier this week and today was the visit to get the results etc.
Check in go to the nurse room where the check height/wight/bp..etc. Get on the scale and she measures my height and then sit down and she pecks away at the key board.
'Ooops. I need to have you jump back on the scale for me'
ok. why?
'You've lost over 10% of your body weight since last visit. any time that happens the system makes us re weigh to confirm it isnt a bad reading'
Cool. Ill take that as a compliment.

Plus all my blood markers were rocking and improved. BP was 109/72...life is good. Doc say she was shocked my cholesterol was as low as it was.

Not so much a "did for my health" but a cool "reward" today.

Went in for a check up with doctor this AM. Based on the diet and such she wants to see me every 4 months as long as I am "extreme eating"...so went and had blood drawn earlier this week and today was the visit to get the results etc.
Check in go to the nurse room where the check height/wight/bp..etc. Get on the scale and she measures my height and then sit down and she pecks away at the key board.
'Ooops. I need to have you jump back on the scale for me'
ok. why?
'You've lost over 10% of your body weight since last visit. any time that happens the system makes us re weigh to confirm it isnt a bad reading'
Cool. Ill take that as a compliment.

Plus all my blood markers were rocking and improved. BP was 109/72...life is good. Doc say she was shocked my cholesterol was as low as it was.

I'm just glad to have you around a little longer my friend.
Proud if ya!

Wife and I took a 2.5 hr leasurely bike ride on the New River Trail, then followed that up with a half hour stroll.

Carried an extra 25lbs up Rough Ridge today.
IMG_20190504_120935.jpg

Stating Weight -318.2 (12/27)
Last Week - 271.0
This week -267.6
Total loss: 50.6 lbs

Crossed the half century mark in total fat lost.
That like another small human being Ive just shed. Doing my part for global warming.

Today's workout was 5 sets of incline dumbbells, 4 sets of decline dumbbells, 4 sets of OHP with dumbbells, 3 sets of french press with a dumbbell, 3 sets of tricep pull downs with the double rope, and 3 sets of push ups as finisher.

Back