Uwharrie Trail Work Day #4, July 17th

Will you attend the work day?

• Yes

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
Now that I know what is going on with my truck and it is no longer on the side of 24/27 I can think straight.

So how did the strobes work out?

Strobes did ok. The one rear right that you were having issues with when you hooked it up has a bad ground. We took the molex connector off at the rear light and wired them directly, but it still is having issues. So it has to be on the controller end now I am guessing.

The work day was productive. We had 13 people total if I remember correctly. We split up into smaller groups and covered all the trails except maybe 1 or 2. People picked up trash, put up trail diamonds, etc. As far as guard railing goes it took us 2 hours to get 3 posts and 3 pieces of guard railing (2 short one long) out of the trail. I guess its a lot harder dragging guard rail up than it down.

The cabin came was a vital part of the weekend. I don't know how we would have done with the heat/humidity and then the rain at the campgrounds in tents. Anyone that stayed in the Cabin can tell you, for $37 a person its a steal.

Thanks to everyone that showed up, besides us only 3 other people showed. The Forest Service was amazed by the amount of people we had out there. Thanks again to Chris (Cagle) for our breakfast at the Outpost, thanks to Terry (HDG) for our lunch setup, and again to everyone that came out to work. :beer:

Now that I know what is going on with my truck and it is no longer on the side of 24/27 I can think straight.
Strobes did ok. The one rear right that you were having issues with when you hooked it up has a bad ground. We took the molex connector off at the rear light and wired them directly, but it still is having issues. So it has to be on the controller end now I am guessing.
Check the pins at the brain. There were a couple pushing out that I reapired when we pluged them in....

I didn't get a lot of pics I got some video though. But I need my wifes laptop to edit the video so I don't have that done yet. But here are a few more pics. I guess I showed a few people what the commander was made of this weekend uh:driver:

I reluctantly admit that it did pretty good. Still way too long for those trails, but get some sliders, and a bit of lift and you should be good to go. I would love to see it try Daniel though, it would just drag across the frame without some significant height increase.

Brian, no problem pulling cable, I learned some things, the VX never needs a winch, so I haven't had to use one other than on the trailer for Broke dick Chevies...:) No beer needed, it was fun!

Brian, no problem pulling cable, I learned some things, the VX never needs a winch, so I haven't had to use one other than on the trailer for Broke dick Chevies...:) No beer needed, it was fun!

That :) reads suspiciously like a :flipoff2:. :lol: Heh, it was ALL YOUR FAULT ANYWAY! WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.EVER!

I reluctantly admit that it did pretty good. Still way too long for those trails, but get some sliders, and a bit of lift and you should be good to go. I would love to see it try Daniel though, it would just drag across the frame without some significant height increase.
Well, I agree about the sliders I do need them. But I didn't once hit anything but my running boards and those hang at least 3" lower then sliders I never once touched anything underneath the commander. So I'm not sure I will put a bigger lift then I have anytime soon. I plan on adding more armor to include sliders. My theory is not to over build so trails remain a challenge for me in the future and not something I can easily get over.
I was real impressed with all the rigs out there I liked them a lot in there own way. The Rubicon was a beast once he replaces that shovel I think a bigger tire would make him unstoppable nice ride dude. The V-Cross was diffidently a unique rig I never seen before a ridiculously short wheel base and being locked was cool. The montero was real capable and the driver had a lot to do with that nice job on the trails. All the rigs were nice and I enjoyed myself a lot. To the people who helped spot me thanks man good job considering I never hit anything but running boards Reuben even spotted me from his CB at one point which got me underway again when I got hung up thanks man.
The cabin was well worth the money even though I could only stay one day. Just not being in the heat all night not getting a break was worth the money to me. Good job setting it all up and running things Eli.

Well, I agree about the sliders I do need them. But I didn't once hit anything but my running boards and those hang at least 3" lower then sliders I never once touched anything underneath the commander. So I'm not sure I will put a bigger lift then I have anytime soon. I plan on adding more armor to include sliders. My theory is not to over build so trails remain a challenge for me in the future and not something I can easily get over.
I was real impressed with all the rigs out there I liked them a lot in there own way. The Rubicon was a beast once he replaces that shovel I think a bigger tire would make him unstoppable nice ride dude. The V-Cross was diffidently a unique rig I never seen before a ridiculously short wheel base and being locked was cool. The montero was real capable and the driver had a lot to do with that nice job on the trails. All the rigs were nice and I enjoyed myself a lot. To the people who helped spot me thanks man good job considering I never hit anything but running boards Reuben even spotted me from his CB at one point which got me underway again when I got hung up thanks man.
The cabin was well worth the money even though I could only stay one day. Just not being in the heat all night not getting a break was worth the money to me. Good job setting it all up and running things Eli.

Hell, sometime I wanna RIDE IN the Commander, watching Movies in the back! :popcorn:

That Commander is no longer than my Montero. Good job on not hitting anything underneath...I hit plenty :lol: Tires and traction control helped in general, no doubt. No worries on the spot. Sometimes it's difficult to see where to go from the driver's seat, especially pointing up hill.

I appreciate the help I'm still learning how to spot lines threw the rocks. That one hill where I went right on dickey bell after I looked again and seen other rigs go threw I realized I could of made that probably easier then the path I did choose. But I had fun

I appreciate the help I'm still learning how to spot lines threw the rocks. That one hill where I went right on dickey bell after I looked again and seen other rigs go threw I realized I could of made that probably easier then the path I did choose. But I had fun

Yup, that's half the fun :beer:

I don't think I am going to make any of the fall runs, we are picking up a trooper RS for courtney. After letting her drive the VX, I haven't heard the end of her wanting her own truck. So I have some work to do on that, and my drivers front bearings ate themselves yesterday. I had bits of CV joint from the April Uwharrie run still in there, so I am not surprised. I have to lift the RS, install CB and HIDs, finish the VX bumper....it never ends does it? Its like owning a boat.
We are going to Kansas Rocks and Turtle Creek ORV this fall (out in the KC,MO area) We will tow the VX out there and visit with some highschool friends. One of Court's friends rides a quad in those monster truck halftime shows. 20K on a quad blows my mind....
Sooooo, that is a 3K mile round trip at 10mpg, which eats all funds for any uwharrie trips:(
Sal, you better have some sliders next time I see your truck. Brian, that shovel better be gone, and some adult sized tires on the heep.:bounce2::flipoff2:

Workin on it. Slowly but surely.

aimg691.imageshack.us_img691_1708_20100725181018.th.jpg
aimg405.imageshack.us_img405_7123_20100725181003.th.jpg

:bounce2:

Back