Uwharrie Trail Work Day #4, July 17th

Will you attend the work day?

• Yes

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
So everyone hold on tight till tomorrow. We were by ourselves last work day, and if the guard railing is still out there I see no issue with putting it up.

It was all there July 4th.

One a side note, thanks to the gracious time/money of a person on here (I will let them speak up if they wish) we have the smaller signs taken care of:

aimg97.imageshack.us_img97_4986_trailworkahead.jpg

Based on this concept image:

trailworksign.png

So far our safety/awareness inventory is:

2 - New 18" Cones
1 - Used 18" Cone
2 - "SLOW" Cone Signs
2 - New 12" Cones
2 - Trail Work Ahead Signs

Soon to be donated:

2 - Large "TRAIL / ROAD CONSTRUCTION ZONE" Signs
2 - 4 steel mounting posts for large signs
2 - Large Cones
2 - Large Cones

Thanks to everyone that made getting this equipment together possible.

Also I need to know about food/beverages for the Cabin. If you are staying in the cabin I need to know what we will be cooking for dinner Friday, and if needed any extra beverages. I encourage people to bring food/beverages also, but I will pitch in where needed. :beer:

No one wants to come with me so I guess I might come by myself. I don't care if all we do is pick up trash there is tons of it out there and it annoys me. I might drive over friday camp in my truck so I can meet you guys at the outpost since your getting there pretty early.

No one wants to come with me so I guess I might come by myself. I don't care if all we do is pick up trash there is tons of it out there and it annoys me. I might drive over friday camp in my truck so I can meet you guys at the outpost since your getting there pretty early.

PM me if you are interested in staying at the cabin vs sleeping in your truck. Just throwing that out there. :beer:

Well I called Terry and she is on her way to Atlanta for a trail hydrology conference/training deal. And we talked about a couple things and here is essentially what she said.

In consideration of our efforts she doesn't want to wear out the volunteers with the guard railing. Because she doesn't know if when the construction crews come through Falls Dam doing trail repairs if guard railing will have to be moved or not. So she doesn't want us to put in guard railing this weekend, and then just have to move it/re-install it next month.

She said the guard railing has been moved into the grassy area on the other side of the fence some where on the trail. What I plan on doing is when I show up Friday morning, I am going to ride down Falls Dam and see if the guard railing is still where we left it. Then between talking to Janet and possibly Terry again, make a decision on what to do. Because if her only concern is over working us, that puts the ball in our court if we want to do extra work etc.

On the flip side of this coin, the last thing we want to do is do trail work not authorized by the FS. Because the message I am getting is they want the guard railing up, but they don't want to have us put it up and then upset the volunteers by having us possibly take it out/move it. So right now we will leave it up in the air until Friday. After I talk with Janet and possibly call Terry again on Friday we will make a decision then.

I know this isn't what everyone wants to hear, but with the trail construction planned for Falls Dam its not something we can avoid.

Well worse case scenario we get some wheelin in, pick up some trash and have a great time.

I'm showing up no matter what they have us do.:bounce2:

I'm bringing a full and a twin aerobed, for anyone that needs/wants to use it.

Well right now its a 50/50 shot. We can't forget about the possible afternoon thunderstorms, so I do know we don't want to be working on the trails too late into the afternoon anyway. The earlier in the morning get rolling the better. Riding the trails in the rain is one thing, working on them in the rain is entirely different. :beer:

What do you need me to bring out. I already grabbed a big box of garbage bags and plan on bringing a cooler anything else.

I've been a little scarse lately, but I'm back from Illinois and I'll be there saturday morning for breakfast!

I've been a little scarse lately, but I'm back from Illinois and I'll be there saturday morning for breakfast!

If I had known you were going to IL I would have asked ya to say hi to my family for me. :lol: Both sides of my family live in and around Chicago.

I am looking forward to breakfast, will be really easy for me to make it. Seeing the cabin is only 3-4 minutes from the Outpost. :beer:

Went to Du Quoin.

I ordered MCE Flat Fenders for my front fenders and XRC tube flares for my rears. So I took the fender flares off front and rear last weekend and my parts showed up today. So I'll be rollin around with no flares so WATCH OUT!:lol:

I DID get my BL and MML installed though. SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE.

Hopefully by next work day the shovel will be gone!:bounce2:
Should make an excellent target for my AK.

I'm bringing my grandson (13) with me. We will be at the Outpost around 8 am for breakfast. I'm not bringing the trail rig this time so we will be looking for a couple empty seats. See y'all in the morning. :)

Wish I would have seen this, we were out there today, a RM250, xr400, and a rancher.

Pretty sure the other guys were talking to Draider when one of the chains came off the gaurd rail.

Could have helped out some, but didnt know this was going on.

And seen Hotdogguy, but unfortunately didnt make it over to see him, was too hot to eat :(

Yall be careful out there

Turned out to be a great day, thanks to the volenteers for what you do for every one that uses the trails. Draider90, a special thanks for being dedicated and pulling this together. Seen a lot of familure faces and some new ones also.

Well I had a great time and meet a lot of nice people. It was good meeting all of you. Not sure where everyone will post pics and stuff so I'll just throw one in this thread for now.
alh3.ggpht.com__oBgUAr9zCHI_TEJF57ptCaI_AAAAAAAAAiM_0U757R4Lcyg_s640_100_3641.JPG

I'll get more up later.

Although new on NC4x4, I hang out on the Planet Isuzu alot, and am a regular at Uwharrie. The work day was fun, two of us went and rediamoned Daniel, and labeled all the old Diamonds with trail numbers. We gathered a couple bags of trash. Who would sea foam their truck on Daniel?!
Here are all the pics I got:
http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa234/nfntruth/July 2010 Uwharrie/

We met some new people, and the wife and I had a ton of fun.
Thanks for settin all this up Eli!!!

Please note the bent tail pipe...:shaking:

Sawzall'll fix that!

Thanks for pulling the cable. Next time we're out I'll get you a :beer: or two.

Can't wait for Sals stuff. Baddd ass Commander.

Shit, Sal did it, guess I HAVE TO.

Had a great time wheeling with you guys and it was nice to meet new people. The cabin was awesome Eli. Good find.

Eli, what are your plans for getting your truck home? My friend with a car trailer moved to Texas last week! Bad timing.

Well I had a great time and meet a lot of nice people. It was good meeting all of you. Not sure where everyone will post pics and stuff so I'll just throw one in this thread for now.
alh3.ggpht.com__oBgUAr9zCHI_TEJF57ptCaI_AAAAAAAAAiM_0U757R4Lcyg_s640_100_3641.JPG

I'll get more up later.

I see my shoveling on Friday night to save the tail pipe was a waste of effort, LOL!

I didn't get a lot of pics I got some video though. But I need my wifes laptop to edit the video so I don't have that done yet. But here are a few more pics. I guess I showed a few people what the commander was made of this weekend uh:driver:

alh4.ggpht.com__oBgUAr9zCHI_TERzSqvFNDI_AAAAAAAAAkE_ZXjx3RTHXcs_s640_100_3638.JPG

alh4.ggpht.com__oBgUAr9zCHI_TERz_fQulyI_AAAAAAAAAkI_R4EL_SS0tYA_s640_100_3649.JPG

Back